Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 6 Votes
Title: Indiana Jones 5

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Steven Spielberg

Cast: Harrison Ford

Release: 2021-07-09

Harrison Ford Wants Indiana Jones To Die!

Sources say that Harrison Ford has told Indiana Jones filmmakers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg that he wants his character to be killed off in the fifth film.

Here's what an insider had to say about it:

“Harrison thinks it would be good for Indy to die and pass on his hat to his son in the next one.

George especially is resisting the notion but Steven is considering it. Funnily enough Harrison wanted the same for Han Solo in the final Star Wars but George put an end to it. This time he doesn’t have all the say though.”

Harrison Ford Wants Indiana Jones To Die!

Sources say that Harrison Ford has told Indiana Jones filmmakers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg that he wants his character to be killed off in the fifth film.

Here's what an insider had to say about it:

“Harrison thinks it would be good for Indy to die and pass on his hat to his son in the next one.

George especially is resisting the notion but Steven is considering it. Funnily enough Harrison wanted the same for Han Solo in the final Star Wars but George put an end to it. This time he doesn’t have all the say though.”

this was reported to not be true

Variety/Deadline are reporting The Walt Disney Studios and Paramount Pictures have finalized an agreement over rights to the Indiana Jones franchise. Paramount has held onto the rights to Indiana Jones ever since they financed Raiders of the Lost Ark with Steven Spielberg in 1981, securing a five-picture deal in the process. [...] In this deal they got the "distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining its current ownership rights" when they acquired Lucasfilm.

This is big news because it means that Disney, now working directly with Lucasfilm and Spielberg (under his banner DreamWorks), can continue to develop "future Indiana Jones movies" (more?!) without any more legal roadblocks or financial hurdles. Disney has not officially announced another Indiana Jones movie, and there have only been rumors and rumblings of an Indy V, but it seems like this may be yet another strategic move by Disney to gather all the franchises under one roof. This does also mean that the next Indiana Jones will have the Mouse House behind it. For better or worse? Time will tell. The new era of Disney is upon us.

Marvel... Star Wars... Indiana Jones... keeps going and going... Personally, I don't care... Let's just pray that Indy V would make us forget how bad #4 was... :naughty:

Reactions: Scary Hair
This was part of the deal they had with Harrison Ford to make another Indy. As per Fords request! Thing is, if this takes off will Spielberg return as director? If not, I dont have high hopes for it. My favorite film franchise without doubt. I am certainly crossing my fingers.

4th sucked so much.
4th??? No.... never happened... Indiana Jones is still a Trilogy and it was an EPIC Trilogy!!!
tumblr_m89rrymxdN1roxrxa.gif

I'm thrilled. I did my Scooby dance when I heard the news last night. Spielberg & Ford. No Lucas? Beautiful! Now i'm just hoping for John Williams!

I'm thrilled. I did my Scooby dance when I heard the news last night. Spielberg & Ford. No Lucas? Beautiful! Now i'm just hoping for John Williams!
Despite the Academy Award nomination- his music for SW was uninpressive and forgettable. (Seriously- hum a tune from it- go ahead...)
And this is slated for a few years away. He will be in the retirement home.
Not having Lucas is a plus....but- they should bring back Philip Kaufman to help write.
( I normally would've said Lawrence Kasdan- but after him basically rewriting the Death Star for a THIRD time- he's out for me).

Last edited:
Reactions: denizen
Williams is my favourite composer. Love his themes and yes he does have a few nice ones in Force Awakens. He just finished doing the BFG and from what i've heard, it sounds great! Indy 5 is only 3 years away. It might be possible for him to do it. I'm right there with you regarding Philip Kaufman. :thumbs:

I hope this movie is either Indy handed the reins to someone else (his son? who will now be played by Chris Pratt?) or it's like the Indiana Jones Chronicles; a older Indy re-telling a story from his younger days. It's just Harrison Ford is getting sooo old, he will probably have another major injury when filming this :rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:(

This springs to mind .......

image.jpeg

Like in the South Park episode I also felt like a friend was raped!!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
If they work on the idea of his character being old, it could work. It worked brilliantly for Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan. As someone once said "Old age should not be feared but discovered"