Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 6 Votes
Title: Indiana Jones 5

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Steven Spielberg

Cast: Harrison Ford

Release: 2021-07-09

I think Ford has proved that he can pull it off. He already did it again with the Force Awakens. This is just 3 years away. He wil do it again.

And here's the latest

Fans have questioned whether or not George Lucas would be involved in the upcoming Indiana Jones 5, especially after the Lucas-free production of the new Star Wars films. But according to director Steven Spielberg, Lucas will definitely be involved in the film.

During a press roundtable event for The BFG, the film's director Spielberg revealed that Lucas will be an executive producer on Indiana Jones 5, returning to the character he and Spielberg last brought to the big screen in 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

When asked about Lucas's involvement with the project, Spielberg said:

"George is gonna to be an executive producer on it with me. ... I would never make an Indiana Jones film without George Lucas. That'd be insane."

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Spielberg will make the film with input from Lucas. After all, the pair have successfully worked together on every Indiana Jones flick, creating one of the film world's great adventure heroes. How much input he'll have as an executive producer remains to be seen, though given the pair's close friendship, we suspect Lucas will at least provide advice during the development stage. We knew Harrison Ford and Spielberg were returning, and with the help of Lucas we expect another exciting adventure from cinema's greatest archeologist.

And in case you missed it, John Williams has also confirmed that he will score Indy 5 & Star Wars Episode VIII & IX!

And here's the latest

Fans have questioned whether or not George Lucas would be involved in the upcoming Indiana Jones 5, especially after the Lucas-free production of the new Star Wars films. But according to director Steven Spielberg, Lucas will definitely be involved in the film.

During a press roundtable event for The BFG, the film's director Spielberg revealed that Lucas will be an executive producer on Indiana Jones 5, returning to the character he and Spielberg last brought to the big screen in 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

When asked about Lucas's involvement with the project, Spielberg said:

"George is gonna to be an executive producer on it with me. ... I would never make an Indiana Jones film without George Lucas. That'd be insane."

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Spielberg will make the film with input from Lucas. After all, the pair have successfully worked together on every Indiana Jones flick, creating one of the film world's great adventure heroes. How much input he'll have as an executive producer remains to be seen, though given the pair's close friendship, we suspect Lucas will at least provide advice during the development stage. We knew Harrison Ford and Spielberg were returning, and with the help of Lucas we expect another exciting adventure from cinema's greatest archeologist.

And in case you missed it, John Williams has also confirmed that he will score Indy 5 & Star Wars Episode VIII & IX!
Executive Producer = Collect a Check
His input will be zero. (And that is a very good thing.)

He will be a guide. No creative control. And yes. It is a good thing. But still to have Lucas there with Indy is a nice pillar stone.

From Star Wars.com
The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.

Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

I'll never watch another Indy again after that terrible 4th.
I'm not watching him get destroyed again

Although South Park could make another genius episode

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Harrison Ford weighs in on who should next play Indiana Jones: 'Nobody'

Only Harrison Ford can play protagonist Dr. Henry Walton “Indiana” Jones Jr., this according to the actor himself, who has brought the role to life four times on the big screen. During a visit to NBC’s Today, Ford was asked who he would choose as his replacement to play the legendary archeologist once he is unable to do so.

“Nobody is going to be Indiana Jones, don’t you get it? I’m Indiana Jones,” the 70-year-old said while laughing. “When I’m gone, he’s gone. It’s easy.”

In the past, speculation has pointed at Chris Pratt as someone who could lead the franchise in a potential reboot. But Ford doesn’t agree; he is adamant that the role he first brought to life in the 1981 film Raiders of the Lost Ark should die with him.

While joking about how Pratt will take the news he’s just announced about the fate of Indiana Jones, he mixed up his Chrises — as is easy to do when there are plenty to choose from in Hollywood today.

“This is a hell of a way to tell Chris Pine this,” he told Today‘s Craig Melvin. “I’m sorry, man.”

The Academy Award-nominated actor has always been very protective of the George Lucas-created character’s legacy. When Shia LaBeouf was introduced in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, he was rumored to be taking over the franchise and Ford also rejected that idea.

“What are you talking about? It’s mine,” Ford told Time in 2010 when asked if he was passing on his famous fedora to LaBeouf. “I would love to do another Indiana Jones movie. George Lucas is working on an idea now. Shia can get his own hat. I earned that hat.”

Indiana Jones 5 will re-team Ford with Steven Spielberg, who helmed all four action films for the big screen. It’s set to hit theaters on July 9, 2021.

via EW

• Haha
Reactions: Wreck
Wow big news:

"Steven Spielberg is stepping down as director of the INDIANA JONES franchise with James Mangold (Logan, Ford v Ferrari) in talks to replace him.
Spielberg will remain as producer and Harrison Ford remains on as Indy."

Wow big news:

"Steven Spielberg is stepping down as director of the INDIANA JONES franchise with James Mangold (Logan, Ford v Ferrari) in talks to replace him.
Spielberg will remain as producer and Harrison Ford remains on as Indy."
Good move.
Now would be a good opportunity to make this the proper transition for Indy… from Ford to….

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Lands Female Lead In Next Installment Opposite Harrison Ford​

thumbnail_GettyImages-1164567363C-e1617927703972.jpeg

Following the confirmation at the Disney Investors Presentation in December that the next film was a go, Lucasfilm and director James Mangold look to have their sights set on Harrison Ford’s first new co-star in the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise. Sources tell Deadline that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is set to co-star opposite Ford in the fifth installment, with Ford returning as everyone’s favorite fedora-wearing, whip-slinging archaeologist.

Mangold is taking over directing reins from Steven Spielberg, who is still serving as a producer and is very much involved in various elements of the film. Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel will join Spielberg as producers. John Williams, who has worked on every score in the franchise including its iconic theme, will also return as composer.

The hope is to start production this summer, with Mangold meeting with other talent for other roles in preparation for production. Plot details are still vague on what new adventure awaits Jones, as are details behind who Waller-Bridge will play. The film is set to bow on July 29, 2022.

Waller-Bridge has had quite run after her TV show Fleabag became a critical darling, eventually sweeping the 2019 Emmys including wins for Best Actress and Best Comedy Series. Since then she has been busy on the TV and film front, serving as an exec producer on the hit BBC show Killing Eve as well as serving as a writer on the next James Bond pic No Time to Die. She is also set to co-star with Donald Glover in the Amazon series Mr. & Mrs. Smith, where she will also serve as an exec producer and writer.

This would mark a sort of pseudo-reunion for Waller-Bridge and Lucasfilm, having voiced L3-37 in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

via Deadline

They're filming at a castle next to where my Dad lives. He's been up and seen loads of lighting rigs, Nazi flags and barbed wire. They've had letters through the door saying not to be alarmed if they hear loud bangs at 2am.