inFAMOUS Megathread - price drop, soundtrack, & free DLC

Jan 29, 2009
inFamous is an upcoming sandbox-style video game for the Sony PlayStation 3 video game console.It is currently in development by Sucker Punch Productions, creators of Rocket: Robot on Wheels, and the Sly Cooper video game franchise. The game was announced at Sony's E3 2007 Press Conference on July 11, 2007. The debut trailer indicated that the game would be released sometime in 2008, although the July 2008 issue of Game Informer has stated that the release date has been moved to Spring 2009. It will be the company's first original IP since Sly Cooper.

The game is a third-person sandbox world that combines elements of the superhero MMO City of Heroes with a roaming open-world, allowing the player to make choices between being a hero or an anti-hero that will affect the game. The player will also have access to electrical powers. The player will obtain them right at the beginning of the game.

inFamous follows the story of Cole McGrath, a bike messenger and resident of the fictional Empire City. At the start of the game, a package that Cole was assigned to deliver causes a huge explosion that rips apart six city blocks, leaving behind a crater and Cole as the only survivor. The explosion has granted Cole several electricity-based powers, but he falls into unconsciousness, waking up two weeks later to find that Empire City has fallen into chaos; without police, gangs have taken over areas of the city, and a plague has infected many of the residents causing the city to be quarantined by the government. It is revealed by "The Voice of Survival", a surviving disk jockey that broadcasts across the city, that Cole was the cause for the explosion, and thus setting the population of Empire City against him. Cole must come to terms with his powers, and opt to help those in need or simply survive on his own, facing off against larger threats that have manifested in the city due to the explosion and its aftermath.[4]

3333869162_e2ee74fca3.jpg

According to Fox, the team wanted to have Cole as a "kind of an everyman", such that they could then "get into the headspace of what it would be like to be a real human being who has been granted these exceptional abilities".[4] While Cole is the main playable character, he is joined by two friends; Zeke, a fellow bike messenger, conspiracy theorist and survivalist who becomes jealous of Cole's powers, and Trish, Cole's ex-girlfriend and medical student who resents him due to her sister being killed in the blast but still helps in treating the injured, a "Lois Lane with syringes" as stated by Sucker Punch.

PlayStation: The Official Magazine describes Cole as "a regular city guy struggling to make ends meet as a courier. Then one day he gets super powers, and his entire world changes in a heartbeat. It's this event that really defines Cole as a person, as he struggles to learn how to control his powers and the responsibility they bring, not understanding the reason he has them or their full potential." The magazine also notes that "you really don't want to be in Empire City after the blast. With no effective law enforcement the streets are a dog eat dog world where at any moment someone might drop the niceties of civilized society and start taking what they want by force. It's a scary and bleak place. Yet, despite all the problems Empire City has endured, thousands of everyday people remain stuck in the city. The place is packed with a weary and scared population in desperate need of relief from the gangs that have imposed their own martial law on the various neighborhoods

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oselallo
Looking good. How about in the background a few of the enemies and the gf trish and his friend. Or you could go with a good karma/bad karma type of thing.

I could do that but I was going to try and finish up before the month is over(Sucker Punch is having a contest that I didn't know about, so I'm going to try and submit my art soon) and I don't have enough time to work on his friend and Trish.

I'm definitely going to draw two versions though! This is meant to be the InFamous Cole. :)

inFamous price drop, soundtrack, & free DLC

Sucker Punch sure made an impact with May's popular inFamous. Whether it’s due to the rivalry with Activision's Prototype or the other hordes of recent smash titles, it seems many gamers still don't own a copy of inFamous. Sucker Punch wants you to have an absolutely electrifying Christmas this year, so they've graciously reduced the price to just $39.99 USD.

3427322468_bf57dd34ef.jpg

Still not enough to entice you? Then, starting December 10th, you can download Cole's 'Gigawatt Blades' DLC completely free from the PlayStation Store. Now how could you turn down such a deal? Even if you're not exactly an avid fan of the game, inFamous's official soundtrack will be released with three additional bonus tracks on December 8th, making for a perfect gift: Game, free DLC, and OST all for the price of one.

Sumthing Else Music Works is the place to stop by during your Christmas shopping if inFamous's musical score tickled your fancy. The soundtrack is also available right now for digital download at Sumthing Digital.

In holiday spirit, and due to their recent generosity, we'd like to congratulate Sucker Punch on selling more than 1.2 million copies!