Inglourious Basterds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

• Hello and happy early holidays from HiDefNinja! It's been a challenging couple of years for everyone and this site included. Please remember during November and December to click links on this site before purchasing from Amazon or other retailers like Zavvi. Every little bit helps and thank you so much for the dedicated support you show us by visiting!
Added to Calendar: 10-12-21

May 8, 2020
Release date: October 12, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $25.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

BB_IB_4K_SB-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
The Moon
@apsmith21 @Felix_ro

Not exactly.

The swastika is missing from the first "O" in the title "Inglourious" on the front of the SteelBook in the European release mock-ups.

I noticed that and for some reason thought it was only removed for German releases. Swear I read that somewhere but maybe it was the whole of Europe. It’s the only thing bugging me because I want the full image. Bit annoying the US might have it but as mentioned we haven’t seen the final products yet.

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
The Moon
Yeah I thought so, I have the U.K. original collectors edition and it has the swastika. Maybe the U.K. version is edited because it’s a shared print run with Germany etc. Also this slip has a metallic effect and in my head I think this Is how the zavvi collectors slips metallic effect might turn out

7959BC52-97B1-4AEE-95D3-8F569E9A7CFF.jpeg

Nov 23, 2019
Brooklyn
Is it me or does this one look less streaky and more satin? Plus it has the unedited title image. I hate that it’s edited over here
I had a copy in-hand in a BB store yesterday and it looked pretty streaky, albeit under the factory seal so that's my excuse if I'm wrong. Pretty much every Universal steelbook I can think of lately here in the US has had a streaky matte finish. It's a real bummer. But, yes, the uncensored title is a plus.

Reactions: Flloydo