Inglourious Basterds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: October 18, 2021 (Edition 1) - November 15, 2021 (Edition 2 - Complete Edition)
Purchase links: Collectors Edition #1 - Collectors Edition #2 - Complete Basterds Edition
Price: £39.99 (Edition 1 - Edition 2) - £89.99 (Complete Edition)
Notes: Each edition is individually numbered & limited to only 1000

ib_1.jpg
ib_2.jpg
ib_3.jpg

Collectors Edition #1
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Steelbook
  • 36-Page Photo booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Character Cards

Collectors Edition #2
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Engraved Rifle (deboss) Steelbook
  • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Playing Cards

Complete Basterds Edition
  • Rigid Jacket Slipcase with Foil Stamped Title & Magnet Close
  • Full-Colour Inner Jacket Wrap & Hidden Drawer to house elements exclusive to Complete Basterds Edition:
    • Individually Numbered (embossed) Card XXXX / 1000
    • Acetate Collector’s Card
    • Cast Poster
  • Collector’s Edition #1 & #2, as above, including
    • 36-Page Photo booklet
    • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
    • 8 x Art Cards housed in x2 Envelope
    • 8 x Character Cards
    • 8 x Playing Cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Just asked for replacement version #2. Outer box got dents, Steelbook got scratches. Thin carton box as a package. Speaking with Zavvi CS is like speaking with Bot... They overcharged me twice for this order... It is worse and worse every time... Its like they selling damage goods or manufacturers trying to push faulty products to sell... Disgusting
I'm like 99% sure the initial interactions are actually a bot. I've had better luck DM'ing their CS on Twitter.

I doubt this makes it to me stateside unscathed.

Reactions: Arrival
Really enjoyed this in 4K. Felt like a new film at times and the colours are stunning. Always stand by this, but what an absolute f**king masterpiece of a film

Universal are doing another print run for Complete Collectors Edition

Pre order from Midnight tonight

Release date February 7th 2022
wow a reprint bet that makes people feel there money was well spent on an exclusive collectors edition, there again this isn't the first time zavvi have asked/done reprints :rolleyes:

Reactions: leelee17
No matter how many times I tried to get a copy I couldn't place an order....
Perhaps If I was Canadian..... who knows....

I didn't go back through the thread but perhaps for people in the UK, it was only available to red carpet members but available to the rest of the world. Kinda sounds familiar but I can't remember for sure.

I ordered through the US zavvi site as it was red carpet members only here in the UK.
I personally don't really mind if they do a re-stock as I just wanted this set for myself regardless of the limited amount but it's definitely a little shady to advertise this as being more limited than it really is.

I’m generally fine with re-prints. However, if you’re stating that your product is limited to 1000 or whatever it is and obviously use it as part of your marketing for the product then doing a re-print of exactly the same product short after the release is extremely sh***y.
If they didn’t state limited to 1000, then it’s fine doing as many re-prints as they want, in my opinion.

Is there anybody here that opened their Complete Edition who can tell us what inside is actually numbered?

Is it the individual slips? Or the OC Box? Or nothing at all in the complete Edition?

I'm asking because I see in the mock-ups for the individual slips where they mention limited to 1000 copies for each (one of them being shared with Italy) but I don't see anything mentioning that the Complete Basterds Editions is limited to 1000 units.

Know what I mean, Vern?

Is there anybody here that opened their Complete Edition who can tell us what inside is actually numbered?

Is it the individual slips? Or the OC Box? Or nothing at all in the complete Edition?

I'm asking because I see in the mock-ups for the individual slips where they mention limited to 1000 copies for each (one of them being shared with Italy) but I don't see anything mentioning that the Complete Basterds Editions is limited to 1000 units.

Know what I mean, Vern?
It’s on a plastic numbering card. Like you get with Weet for example (it is in the BS picture on the one click box, the white IB card). You get a tray that slides out with the numbering card in the centre, a fold out poster on top and the clear acetate character card on top of that. I was going to take some pictures of it all the other day but forgot so if i get a chance I will tomorrow or Saturday. Problem is it’s so dark here at the moment that you need to take pictures in such a small window in the day for some decent light.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
So the slips for Collector's Edition #1 and Collector's Edition #2 are individually numbered on the bottom from 1 to 1000 but the slips in the Complete Basterds Edition aren't numbered at all, instead you get the loose plastic card numbered from 1 to 1000.

So at this point then there are 2000 of each slip (only 1000 of each are numbered) with more unnumbered slips to come in the next printing of the Complete Basterds Edition.

I think it's strange that the slips in the CBE aren't numbered as well.

Reactions: Shark
If they are doing another print run, what's the point calling it a limited edition, when it clearly isn't, if I had known they were going to do this earlier, i would have spent £90 on a really nice bottle of malt whisky instead :LOL::LOL:

Meanwhile, at Zavvi's, staff is numbering limited editions... :D

1/1000
2/1000
3/1000
998/1000
999/1000
1000/1000

Mmmmmh it sold out... Still easy money to get from collectors... Let's continue the numbering....

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

It may be strange, but who cares...
1001/1000 and £89.99 more
1002/1000 and £89.99 more
1003/1000 and £89.99 more
1004/1000 and £89.99 more

The collectors who bought the first batch:

Little Girl Reaction GIF

well heads up people ordered this on the new print run with dispatch date of

Release Date: 28 February 2022

have just been charged today CC and email sent with it be here

Delivery is estimated between
Wed 01 Dec - Fri 03 Dec

lets hope there not sending me a banged up returned copy, we will see :rolleyes:

basil :thumbs: