Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.23) [Hong Kong]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 7, 2019
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti Full Slip - Single Lenti Full Slip - Full Slip - Pre-order November 30 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8 - Check your local time HERE
Price: $129.97 (One Click) - $39.99 (Double Lenti) - $38.99 (Single Lenti or Full Slip)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti Full Slip - Single Lenti Full Slip - Full Slip
Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title.
One Click limited to 500 numbered copies (Metal Title Emblem, Scratch Resistance Coating, Silver Foil) - Double Lenti limited to 1000 numbered copies (2 x Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing) - Single Lenti limited to 1000 numbered copies (Super clear 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing) - Full Slip limited to 1000 numbered copies (Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing)

box_v2_b2594df9-8ed4-40ed-80e9-33ac314ffe15.jpgDLS_0d156890-4c4b-4d2d-93e1-0fc54362c04f.jpgLS_29824ad8-56d9-4186-b3c1-8fa959bdc096.jpgFS_49c7ef63-aafe-4b45-a3ad-a2974968dff9.jpg
1. [ME#23] Inglourious Basterds
Finally, we are approved with the Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab Exclusive Steelbook. We've been working on this release since last September (not 2018) and took us 1 year to finally get the rights, design and final approval for this movie. It is one of our favorite movies of all time from Tarantino so we hope we've done a good job with the package. We had a plan to start the pre-order for this movie in late October but due to our recent late production and delay with the previous releases, we have decided to put on a hold until we finish all shipping up to The Shape of Water. Thank you very much for your interest in advance and we will release the information soon. OOoooooohh, That's a BINGO!
IB_SB_397819f4-8769-4a67-8fa7-1e8e8d8a05fb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
but 4K is also 2D...just seems weird to state it, and the way its written makes out like its relating to the slip

but its NEVER(to my knowledge and certainly never with titles I've ordered) been specificed as 2D when its a single disc edition....so its set alarm bells ringing for me is all.

I hope you are both right but I'd like some confirmation from @Aniv or the retailer if possible, before I pull the trigger on the sale

Most steelbook listings on HMV and Zavvi for 4K says “includes 2D” etc

It’s separate discs and you always get the standard blu day discs with them

but 4K is also 2D...just seems weird to state it, and the way its written makes out like its relating to the slip

but its NEVER(to my knowledge and certainly never with titles I've ordered) been specificed as 2D when its a single disc edition....so its set alarm bells ringing for me is all.

I hope you are both right but I'd like some confirmation from @Aniv or the retailer if possible, before I pull the trigger on the sale
Have a look at the Ex_Machina beauty shots.

Rest assured @yeslek it is in fact a depth Lenti.

For some reason a few retailers are using the term 2D to describe standard 1080 high def. It would be far easier if they used 4K, 3D Blu Ray, and Blu Ray as their descriptors.

@yeslek

If you look at listings on ebay for any movie that has a 3D or 4K disc you will often find the listing reads as
Incredibles 2 steelbook (4K+2D) or (3D+2D). Or even if you look at the header of the Blufans listing for Venom (4K+3D+2D)

Most steelbook listings on HMV and Zavvi for 4K says “includes 2D” etc

It’s separate discs and you always get the standard blu day discs with them
But this isnt a double disc/format release, and as mentioned in my prior post, its odd to state '2D' when its just a single blu-ray disc steelbook.

Have a look at the Ex_Machina beauty shots.
why?

@yeslek

If you look at listings on ebay for any movie that has a 3D or 4K disc you will often find the listing reads as
Incredibles 2 steelbook (4K+2D) or (3D+2D). Or even if you look at the header of the Blufans listing for Venom (4K+3D+2D)
Yes, thats true, but am aware of that, but this isnt a multi-disc/multi-format release(unless am being super-blonde) so there is no reason to clarify its the 2D disc unless a) there is more than one blu-ray in the steelbook, or b) there was a 3D version released in cinemas.

Rest assured @yeslek it is in fact a depth Lenti.

For some reason a few retailers are using the term 2D to describe standard 1080 high def. It would be far easier if they used 4K, 3D Blu Ray, and Blu Ray as their descriptors.
I hope you are right and its the normal lenti... but why specify? UHD or HD are both 2D anyway.....numpties if you ask me.

But you can see why am thrown a bit with the sudden need to state its 2D in the GB description when the movie was never in 3D AND its just a single disc release though right guys?
I only expect this sort of specification when there is a need ie the tri-format Venom mentioned above.

Last edited:
But this isnt a double disc/format release, and as mentioned in my prior post, its odd to state '2D' when its just a single blu-ray disc steelbook.

why?

Yes, thats true, but am aware of that, but this isnt a multi-disc/multi-format release(unless am being super-blonde) so there is no reason to clarify its the 2D disc unless a) there is more than one blu-ray in the steelbook, or b) there was a 3D version released in cinemas.

I hope you are right and its the normal lenti... but why specify? UHD or HD are both 2D anyway.....numpties if you ask me.

But you can see why am thrown a bit with the sudden need to state its 2D in the GB description when the movie was never in 3D AND its just a single disc release though right guys?
I only expect this sort of specification when there is a need ie the tri-format Venom mentioned above.

I understand what you're saying and I agree. But that's just the way they state it. The mention of 2D is referring to the disc. Not the Lenticular image.

@yeslek

Hopefully this clears it up once and for all. This is what it currently says in the OP above beside Notes:

Double Lenti limited to 1000 numbered copies (2 x Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing) - Single Lenti limited to 1000 numbered copies (Super clear 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing)

:)

ok so can anyone explain what exactly a 2D Lenti slip is?
I thought the whole point of lenticular was the 3D effect, the depth?

isnt a 2D just a normal full slip?
whats a gal missing here guys?
Both Single and Double Lenticular Editions
Description listings has Super Clear 3D Lenticular

Why not? You asked a question, you've been given answers you aren't happy with so instead of giving you another answer you're going to dismiss I'm telling you where you can find the answer for yourself, that's why.
But do not go in search of those Ex_M beauty shots if you think it's a trap lol

Really great choice of title to release ! Will try to get it. Would have loved the double lenti art as a full slip though, but it's still nice.