Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray Slipbox) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
image-jpg.110179

Announced today on The Blu Collection Facebook page.

Scheduled for release TBA 2014.

More info to come!

attachment.php

About INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS:
A week in the life of a young singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961.

From Facebook - Coming Soon

Attachments

• IMG_42108365468364.jpeg
    IMG_42108365468364.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 14140533662861744.jpg
    14140533662861744.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 9,149
Last edited:
If they use high quality matte paper on the slip, it would feel like an old LP from the 60's, but I'm going to get it no matter what, of course! One of my favourite films from the Coens; probably the most straight-played dark comedy I've seen; any time the film starts to show signs of sentimentality, it laughs in your face and shows you a darker more realistic outcome, so maybe it's not for everyone. ;)

I actually think the Amaray artwork looks better than the slipbox. They should have done it the other way round IMO.
^This

Exact same artwork as the Steelbook which is a shame since I was hoping for something different. But, they have used it in a way that actually suits the film more and the Steelbook isn't exactly fantastic. Really not liking the generic Arial-looking font for the quote on the back of the slipbox though (First Memento and now this. What the heck is going on??).

Still, it's up there in terms of nicest edition of this film. I think the Canadian version has the best cover and the German digibook is the nicest overall.

Reactions: Sigill
It's finally here! I ordered this together with the Dallas Buyers Club Steelbook and that kept on getting delayed. Another fantastic addition release in The Blu Collection.

A few thoughts:
  • This thing is massive! Just check out how thick the spine is! Look at it!
  • The booklet is crazy thick too, so I didn't take photos of the whole thing
  • The slipbox has a cardboard/crepe/rough texture. (I should actually know what it's called, but I honestly can't remember for the life of me)
  • I wish they did a vinyl-finish to the disc. It would be perfect if they did, but...
  • IT COMES WITH A GUITAR PICK! SO WHO AM I TO COMPLAIN??
LXCz4zk.jpg

cO9oH42.jpg

OaDzxRF.jpg

BrPoA3T.jpg

jnItiDv.jpg

i7Ki16C.jpg

rQd2BSj.jpg

8En02xU.jpg

1RsY77F.jpg

QZx2Dd7.jpg

7DhzJmO.jpg
SBjDX8w.jpg

N8pxgyH.jpg

gf5Vcxr.jpg

yJ84OvD.jpg

GU7BxV9.jpg

T2SaZ4l.jpg
g8LspKJ.jpg

nBGtWN3.jpg

POo0S2t.jpg

b8oDrHR.jpg

HVrvfub.jpg

MKLU43Z.jpg

DuDwQwT.jpg

NmOEkKO.jpg

AhpBHUK.jpg
6HgULwL.jpg

EHzKthM.jpg

U7ruiqq.jpg

WdAFydI.jpg

NQHWj4W.jpg

UFx3LtK.jpg

Xf3xbEd.jpg

ahaA3I2.jpg

mtoTlXQ.jpg

Dw0iqFx.jpg

Man, that looks really really good. I already have the canadian slipcover and was content with that but now I might have to get this as well.

Just ordered this! Haven't seen the film, but there isn't a Coen brother's I haven't liked :happy:

The only little niggle I have with this is the spelling mistake in the quote on the back of the slipbox. Still a damn good looking set though!!

are there any shops i'm not aware of, where i can still get this for the initial retail price?
kimchidvd, k-steelbook and k2dvd show sold out... but i want to avoid ebay where possible...

thanks for any hints!