Bottleneck Gallery Inspiration by Alexandra Crawley

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
We’re starting the week off on a high note with our new Guns N’ Roses artist series, and an inspiring release from one of the youngest artists we’ve ever worked with!

GNR have left an indelible mark on both our youth and rock ‘n roll history, and we’re unbelievably excited to be working with them on a series of prints dedicated to their greatness. We’ve chosen some of our favorite artists for this series, and first up is Anthony Petrie! Anthony’s image interprets the iconography of GNR into an epic and modern image. To complement the image, and the band’s vibe, the screen print will be flocked, adding a layer of fuzzy, velvety feel to the poster.

Our first release with eighteen-year-old Alexandra Crawley is a vibrant and hopeful piece dedicated to her relationship with her family, Phish, and the live, in-person concerts we’re all missing dearly. Alex’s art is inspired by her history and love of Phish and live music, instilled by her parents, and their story is truly uplifting. We’ll be including the full story, as told by Alex’s father, Mike, on our Instagram, but here’s a shortened version:

“Alex was 7 years old when my wife and I were lucky enough to score two 3-day passes to Phish’s Hampton comeback shows. By then, we had already spent countless hours listening to music in the background and watching concert videos on TV while playing with her and her sisters on the living room floor, watching them grow up as we grew up with them.

“When can we go to a Phish show Dad?” “Someday kiddo...I’m not sure,” started being a discussion that would come up each time they went to visit grandparents while we left on music adventures with our friends.
Summer 2019 was a great one! I got to take my ladies to their first Phish show in St Louis for the tour opener. We had such a great time. She threw her first glow stick. She heard some of her favorite songs and was washed in CK5’s lights. Memories and smiles all around.

We miss live music so much. We miss the anticipation of future adventures. We miss the energy of the crowd. We miss the starting notes of our favorite songs. We miss being washed over in colorful lights high above in the distance. All of this inspires us and inspired her to make me a painting over her Thanksgiving break from school as her school transitioned to virtual classes.
This is the story of her painting. She calls it Inspiration in Light. We hope it inspires everyone.”

Anthony’s print will be available for purchase Tuesday (1/12) @ 12PM ET on our homepage, Bottleneckgallery.com.

Alex’s print will be available as a timed-edition release from Tuesday (1/12) @ 12PM EST through Wednesday (1/13) @ 12 PM ET on our homepage, Bottleneckgallery.com!

1.jpg
Inspiration by Alexandra Crawley
Fine art giclee on Somerset Velvet stock
22 x 12 inches
Signed and hand-numbered timed edition
Edition size will be determined by the number of prints sold through Wednesday, January 13th @ 12 PM ET
$50