Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Purchase:
Zavvi
Amazon
Release: 16th March, 2015
Notes: 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl, Gatefold Sleeve, 4 Page Booklet, PVC Protection Sleeve

interstellar.jpg

Last edited:
The Zavvi listing says it's "coloured vinyl", but it doesn't actually say/show what colour (apart from black in the image, which is obviously standard). :confused:

Interesting I can't really say I paid that much attention to the music in this to be honest :emb:. Maybe I just wasn't immersed enough. I might try and have a listen before I decide wether or not to take the plunge.

@tokaman Definitelly check out this soundtrack. I think its one of Zimmer's best and most personal scores up to date. The way he did this one together with Nolan was just fantastic. Very personal to both of them. I'm still a bit sad he didnt turn any of his nominations.

Thanks for the heads up @Noodles Its also available from Amazon but the price is much better at Zavvi.

Oh damnit @Collector03601 now I am in here! I already have Star Projection soundtrack and Itunes sndyrk for docking music. How does Zavvi ship Vinyl(not ordered any from they yet)? Going to US, thanks.

Oh damnit @Collector03601 now I am in here! I already have Star Projection soundtrack and Itunes sndyrk for docking music. How does Zavvi ship Vinyl(not ordered any from they yet)? Going to US, thanks.

This is the first time I will be ordering a vinyl from Zavvi so not really sure how they are sending these.

Same as you-Star Projection, US digipack edition + lots of digital editions and now this vinyl. What can we say, Hans is the man! :)

Reactions: digitalbabe

They ship them in Vinyl mailers made of thick card, I don't have any pictures of what they use but if you look up on google Vinyl Record Mailer it should give you an idea of what to expect

@Collector03601 @digitalbabe I've been listening to this soundtrack all week, a friend saw this in the theater right before me and told me to pay attention so I did when I saw it and it is really good

Right you are, I mean Zimmer really outdone himself on this one. And if I imagine how personal was this score to both Zimmer and Nolan I like it even more.

Which version have you been listening to? The regular soundtrack, the deluxe edition or the complete score? Right now, I'm enjoying the complete score which has some nice unreleased cues - not even sure if this was released officially, heard it was bootlegged from Paramount - it doesnt have a nice clear sound but it definitely has some nice unreleased music.

At first viewing I was trying to pay attention to the music but I missed a lot because focusing on the visuals, characters etc. But on my next three viewings I really started to feel the music - of course the docking scene was a highlight - the organ was such a strong force I thought the whole cinema was going down LOL

@Collector03601 listening to the illuminated version right now. personal favorites is the mann betrayal/murph in the car scene, i think the track is coward. Though I also like Mountains, Tick-Tock, No Time for Caution, and Day One but really the entire soundtrack flows

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
@mllNY Yep Coward leading up to Imperfect Lock and ending with No Time For Caution is awesome as a one piece. Great soundtrack, definitely one of my favorites from Hans.

Did any of you received your copy yet?

I have seen a listing on ebay with live pics but my copy from Zavvi havent shipped yet. Amazon seems to be sold out already. Messaged Zavvi but no answer yet, order status still says "awaiting stock pick".

Reply from Zavvi:

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. Interstellar: Original Soundtrack OST (2LP) - Limited Vinyl is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

They ship them in Vinyl mailers made of thick card, I don't have any pictures of what they use but if you look up on google Vinyl Record Mailer it should give you an idea of what to expect
Just saw this, but to add my experience... I have ordered vinyl from Zavvi twice before, once two at once, that were shipped together. Both times the packages arrived banged up. The vinyl was fine, but the sleeves were useless on both occasions. Unfortunately for me, I cared about the sleeves more than vinyl in both cases. Zavvi agreed to cover 15% of the shipping cost back; for me this meant paying 85% of the shipping cost out of the pocket, which equaled to about 50% of the cost of the merchandise. I ended up taking a 40% refund they offered me instead. So I bought some damaged stuff I do not want for 60% of the cost :) I do not buy vinyl from them since then. The packaging they use for vinyl is weak, IMO. It might be good enough to get around Europe, but going to North America is a bit of a stretch. The cardboard may be thick, but it is pretty soft compared to what I have see from other retailers.