Invincible [Image/Skybound]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
36postercolor.jpg

Just recently read the first ultimate edition of Invincible (c/o the library) and can't get enough of this old series...so I was hunting for the books to buy...
Ociel tried for me to gte the 7 volumes in ebay but lost! so I managed to get volumes 1 to 3 for $44.00. now looking to get the rest of the volumes...please send me tips if you find them cheap...although Amazon has them for about $23.00 each only...

Attachments

• InvincibleAvatarVX01.jpg
    InvincibleAvatarVX01.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon
Just recently read the first ultimate edition of Invincible (c/o the library) and can't get enough of this old series...so I was hunting for the books to buy...
Ociel tried for me to gte the 7 volumes in ebay but lost! so I managed to get volumes 1 to 3 for $44.00. now looking to get the rest of the volumes...please send me tips if you find them cheap...although Amazon has them for about $23.00 each only...

Invincible's my favourite comic on stands today and I've been collecting it since issue #1, so welcome to the Guardians of the Globe! :D

Check out DCBService for the trades that you need. I find that they have the best prices for trades (as well as their sister site, InStock Trades). Good luck!

Reactions: jbsolo
Invincible's my favourite comic on stands today and I've been collecting it since issue #1, so welcome to the Guardians of the Globe! :D

Check out DCBService for the trades that you need. I find that they have the best prices for trades (as well as their sister site, InStock Trades). Good luck!

Thanks! I have a lot of catching up to do! This would make a great movie!
maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt can be the hero since he's in a lot of good movies lately! with Christian Bale as Omni-Man!

Thanks! I have a lot of catching up to do! This would make a great movie!
maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt can be the hero since he's in a lot of good movies lately! with Christian Bale as Omni-Man!

Haha... JGL would actually be a pretty good choice for Invincible. I doubt this'll ever be a movie, though. It's huge in scale but a little to unknown for a studio to spend a lot of money on it. Honestly, I'd love an animated series if I could take anything. Who knows? With Kirkman's success with The Walking Dead, maybe studios/producers will start looking at his other work (his Thief of Thieves is becoming a TV show next).

Reactions: jbsolo
Haha... JGL would actually be a pretty good choice for Invincible. I doubt this'll ever be a movie, though. It's huge in scale but a little to unknown for a studio to spend a lot of money on it. Honestly, I'd love an animated series if I could take anything. Who knows? With Kirkman's success with The Walking Dead, maybe studios/producers will start looking at his other work (his Thief of Thieves is becoming a TV show next).

just settle for the animated comics for now...but I haven't seen it yet...

Anyone keeping up to date with Invincible? Issue #100 was excellent... and issue #101? Wow! I'm shocked that this book hasn't received more of a following due to the popularity of The Walking Dead.

Collect both the walking dead and invincible (in HC) and must say I by far prefer invincible, can't really believe that they are both written by the same person, invincible is full of fun and great ideas whereas the walking dead is frankly a bit boring

Reactions: tridon
Collect both the walking dead and invincible (in HC) and must say I by far prefer invincible, can't really believe that they are both written by the same person, invincible is full of fun and great ideas whereas the walking dead is frankly a bit boring

I couldn't agree more. :thumbs:

Holy crap! Issue #111 was intense!!! EEK!
I can't believe Cecil is dead! And he died brutally, too. After all the he's survived over the years, it was bound to happen eventually. I'm glad that I didn't have a huge emotional attachment to the character or else seeing his head get squashed probably would've upset me.

Eve, on the other hand... seeing her leg get torn off was pretty gut-wrenching to me. I know that she can "rebuild" herself, but her powers are a no-go at the moment with the pregnancy. Still, she had to use them twice... and she took that big fall... so I hope the baby is alright. :(

Wow! Kirkman is setting Robot up to become the biggest villain the book has ever seen... and that's saying a lot with bad dudes out there like Thragg, Conquest and Dinosaurus!

An old man and a pregnant woman aren't really huge adversaries, though. Let's see if he can old his own against Nolan and the Viltrumites. Oh, and then there's Monster Girl, too. :naughty:

Robert Kirkman announces the end of Invincible.

I am so heart-broken right now. This has been my favourite comic for nearly half my life. It is the most perfect superhero story ever told with some of the most realistic, relatable characters in fiction ever. It's a shame that it's always been an after-thought to The Walking Dead. This comic deserved as much attention as that one. Going into comic stores will never be the same for me again.

Reactions: dan8885
I heard so much positive reviews. It's on my wish list. Wanted to start collecting the Hardcover with my next purchase.