iPhone 7 Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Are you upgrading?

iphone.jpg

Reactions: dan8885
My wife and I both decided to upgrade as we've had 16gb for years, which was just to low. But the wait is on since both blacks are backordered.

Ordered mine a week ago, got an email it will take another 2-3 weeks and then all of a sudden the doorbel rang last week monday.

My iPhone arrived, sooner than i thought and with alot of luck. People who ordered even before me are getting mails that they can probably expect it late November.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Ordered mine a week ago, got an email it will take another 2-3 weeks and then all of a sudden the doorbel rang last week monday.

My iPhone arrived, sooner than i thought and with alot of luck. People who ordered even before me are getting mails that they can probably expect it late November.
Congrats @AnubisNefer maybe there is hope for us then, haha!

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Try to find a good case is a pain in the ass. There are literally thousands of possible cases just on Amazon alone. There's a case out there for any kind of features you want and then some. I purchased the iPhone 7 Plus (Jet Black) and what I've been reading in a lot of reviews is that with the pitch black iPhone 7 and 7 Plus is that most crystal clear cases have a water drops effect or a smudge effect when placed on the phone. This only seems to be with the Jet Black versions and that's it.
smudge.JPG
Supposedly Spigen which have been around for quite some time making cell phone cases has a solution plus they do have a 2-year warranty to back it so long as you buy it from an authorized dealer or themselves. The one I'm looking at is the Neo Hybrid Crystal case preferably with the jet black accent. According to there Facebook page on that particular model;
Newly designed Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal ensures stylish protection that consists of two layers: a clear inner TPU and a metallic bumper. Transparent TPU’s are not only unique to the Spigen brand but are also what allows users to embrace the simplicity of the new iPhone 7 Plus design features. The inside of the of Neo Hybrid Crystal also contains a dot pattern that promotes anti-smudge technology!

Most of the Spigen clear cases are now unavailable on Amazon, I'm guessing because they are applying the "dot pattern that promotes anti-smudge technology!". Anyways here's what I'm going to buy for my iPhone 7 Plus.
615hqlMYfKL._SL1000_.jpg spigen1.JPG
If this case falls short then I'll go with either the Spigen [Hybrid Armor] AIR CUSHION [Gunmetal];
hybrid armor.jpg
Third choice is by Elementcase with the CFX IPHONE 7 PLUS CASE;
element.JPG element2.JPG
I know the last two completely cover the Jet Black but at that point I'd probably be kind of fed up with clear cases and just buy something fancy.

Got mine in yesterday evening, me likes a LOT! Before I even turned it on though I went ahead and installed the tempered glass and the case.
I finally went with the iPhone 7 Plus Case Hybrid Armor in Jet Black. It perfectly compliments the jet black of the phone. Here's a picture.
ip7_plus_hybrid_armor_jetblack_title02_grande.jpg

It has a TPU inner bumper case anti-shock tecknology on the four corners and then a hard polycarbonate outer shell. It also has a see-through window on the back to showcase the Apple logo. The only drawback is the shell is a massive fingerprint magnet. I also went with the iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, ESR [3D Touch Compatible] Anti Blu-Ray Full Screen Tempered Glass Protector with Free Applicator [Bubble-Free Installation] for Apple 5.5 inches iPhone 7 Plus_Black. Perfection when it came to installation, you can't go wrong with it because of the guide you place over top the phone and then it allows a perfect line up of the glass, you can't go wrong if you tried.
71uCch-GpuL._SL1000_.jpg

I'm very happy with everything. :D

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bigfub and C.C. 95
I'm sure some of you folks know that the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus can record video in 4K. What I didn't know until recently though was that anytime you record in 4K and use the native YouTube app to upload your video, the highest resolution that it will upload is 1080p. Bummer I know. :( There is a workaround though.

If you take your video and open it up in iMovie and go to share it, you can upload to YouTube in 4K resolution. The only drawback is that in the YT app you can add an music or audio overlay that they are provided by the YT app to your video but iMovie does not have that feature. There is a solution to that though.

Once you upload your video in iMovie and then go to YT Video Manager you then have all your editing controls there and can add an audio overlay or annotations to your video then.

I just thought that I'd share this little bit of info with you folks that didn't know this. :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bigfub