iPod to puter

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
anyone know of a program to bring music back from your iPod on to a computer? I've recently noticed since i got a new computer that apparently some of my tunes purchased on iTunes were saved on my old computer's drive and NOT on my external which is where I thought everything was going. it must have reset my path when I updated iTunes once and I never noticed. Anyway, I have since formatted that old drive and can not get them back but I know of ALOT of stuff I've purchased that IS on my pod but not on my puter. Any help in this matter would be great. Thanks.

GB.

i dont know how the new generation ipods work, since i dont have one, but i use to be able to recover all my songs from ipods. they are stored randomly in like 49 'f' folders or something.

if you have a pc, connect ur ipod then right click my computer and go to manager. go to storage then click disk management. your ipod should show up as like F: IPOD or something. right click that then click explore. like i said, that is how i use to do it, they may have changed it with new FW or the new ipods.

if you have a mac, then screw you cause you wasted my time!

let me first start by saying that NO i do not have a mac, haha. I have an old-school ipod, maybe second generation. it's an 80GB and I love it but i really want to get the tunes off it. I know all the songs are on there in folders but they are coded and are not named by song or anything. I don't know how to figure out what is what.

let me first start by saying that NO i do not have a mac, haha. I have an old-school ipod, maybe second generation. it's an 80GB and I love it but i really want to get the tunes off it. I know all the songs are on there in folders but they are coded and are not named by song or anything. I don't know how to figure out what is what.

well, in itunes you can right click on any specific song and select "show in folder" or along those lines and it will select the specific song even if its in the coded form.

would be an incredible hassle to have to rename all ur songs, but thats all i got.

Or you can redownload all your purchased tunes from itunes. There is a section to do so. My wife just did this like 2 days ago since she got a new cpu.

Or you can redownload all your purchased tunes from itunes. There is a section to do so. My wife just did this like 2 days ago since she got a new cpu.

WHERE AND HOW? I've tried to redownload and they just want to charge me for it again. I have been to the list of my purchases and I know what albums I am missing but it doesn't seem to wanna let me d/l it for free.

i use share pod..if you want bob give your email and i will email you the programme

i use it to get all my songs off my ipod when my computer crashed and lost everything