Iron Man 2 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 26, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Tuesday May 28 @ around 12 midday UK time)
Price: £27.99

12156536-1374675859922636.jpg
12156536-1504675859829018.jpg12156536-7854675859728386.jpg

Another good looker arrived in great condition today despite the corners of the box being a bit squished . . . perfect treatment of the O-ring for the sealed collector in cutaway style displaying more of the front artwork yet still keeping uniformity on the shelf with the others in the collection.

Can anyone please give me a hint of what to expect if I have this on pre-order,
Zavvi took the money on 22 August, but the item has not been shipped out,
and the status is in "Awaiting Dispatch" for at least 3 days now.

The Zavvi Team is as usually less than helpful, saying "Looking at your order I can see that your Iron Man 2 - 4K Ultra HD Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook is currently in the warehouse waiting to get dispatched and as soon as this is dispatched you will receive an email to confirm the dispatch. I hope this has helped to resolve your query." - NO, Zavvi! It DOES NOT resolve it, as long as I could see this myself and wanted some more info on this!

Should I be worried? I know that normally Zavvi takes money on dispatch, and for the pre-orders 2-3 days in advance, but this one is almost a week now since they got the money.

I had the same thing for the first one.
It took them 2 weeks to send it and I have yet to receive it.
Same for this one as they took the money last week but still no despatch email...

Reactions: Felix_ro
I had the same thing for the first one.
It took them 2 weeks to send it and I have yet to receive it.
Same for this one as they took the money last week but still no despatch email...
If I may, where are you “in the world“?
I am in Romania and usually what they (Zavvi) shipp arrive in little less than two (2) weeks (including weekends), and never faster than one full week; but this I would say is mostly because of the Romanian Postal service which (by definition) are pretty slow and mostly manual work.
If Zavvi would shipp as I place the orders, with tracking, the packages would had arrived in 3-4 days; but Zavvi continuously and emphatically ignore the said tracked shipping requests on the order, but take the money as if they would shipping tracked. Crazy right?

Well I missed my postman today due to a family emergency so it's being be redelivered on friday so looks like I've got a lot to post on social media friday/Saturday with this and endgame all on route

If I may, where are you “in the world“?
I am in Romania and usually what they (Zavvi) shipp arrive in little less than two (2) weeks (including weekends), and never faster than one full week; but this I would say is mostly because of the Romanian Postal service which (by definition) are pretty slow and mostly manual work.
If Zavvi would shipp as I place the orders, with tracking, the packages would had arrived in 3-4 days; but Zavvi continuously and emphatically ignore the said tracked shipping requests on the order, but take the money as if they would shipping tracked. Crazy right?

I'm in France and usually they arrive in 10 days.
But the last one never arrived (antman 2) and they had to send a replacement.
Same as you there is no tracking here and a lot of packages go missing.

I'm in France and usually they arrive in 10 days.
But the last one never arrived (antman 2) and they had to send a replacement.
Same as you there is no tracking here and a lot of packages go missing.
Thanks for the details.

Honestly, I thought I was WAY TOO MUCH unlucky, but I've started to find out that Zavvi is actually the same with everyone, and especially with non-UK'ers (if I may say so).

Is so SAD to see they don't even realise that with small adjustments in their logistics, they would have:
1. MUCH happier customers
2. LESS employees for Customer Support (and hopefully can afford smarter ones too)
3. WAY LESS costs for shipping, replacements, complaints, customer support, etc.

For me it is truly a wonder that such "management" and "logistics" can actually work and produce income!
But one recent change, clearly shows that they are not: Red Carpet (aka "let's charge the suckers even more cause they will still purchase anyway"; and don't get me wrong, I do see the benefits of this program for UK-ers that are real collectors/fans/movie-enthusiasts).

And returning to the matter in this thread, one more day passed for me and still not dispatched!
This is crazy and never happened before (for me)!
Maybe @paulboland could chime in with some insight cause I've noticed he pretty knows about everything Zavvi related (thanks for all the shared information, even not expressed, the gratitude for your input is there for sure, from many of us! :thanks:)

Thanks for the details.

Honestly, I thought I was WAY TOO MUCH unlucky, but I've started to find out that Zavvi is actually the same with everyone, and especially with non-UK'ers (if I may say so).

Is so SAD to see they don't even realise that with small adjustments in their logistics, they would have:
1. MUCH happier customers
2. LESS employees for Customer Support (and hopefully can afford smarter ones too)
3. WAY LESS costs for shipping, replacements, complaints, customer support, etc.

For me it is truly a wonder that such "management" and "logistics" can actually work and produce income!
But one recent change, clearly shows that they are not: Red Carpet (aka "let's charge the suckers even more cause they will still purchase anyway"; and don't get me wrong, I do see the benefits of this program for UK-ers that are real collectors/fans/movie-enthusiasts).

And returning to the matter in this thread, one more day passed for me and still not dispatched!
This is crazy and never happened before (for me)!
Maybe @paulboland could chime in with some insight cause I've noticed he pretty knows about everything Zavvi related (thanks for all the shared information, even not expressed, the gratitude for your input is there for sure, from many of us! :thanks:)
The fact that Zavvi has been in the steelbook exclusives business since March 2013 should be enough to convince you that they are doing something right especially when Play.com and Entertainment Store (to name but two) - with their exclusive steels - have fallen by the wayside . . . granted, the number of exclusives are way down on what they were a few years ago but they are still in the game . . . As for the others: Amazon can hardly be bothered with UK exclusives and HMV - with a history of almost 100 years - has sadly had a difficult time of it since January, 2011 but hopefully their online shop will be back so that I can continue to source older Amarays.

• Informative
The fact that Zavvi has been in the steelbook exclusives business since March 2013 should be enough to convince you that they are doing something right especially when Play.com and Entertainment Store (to name but two) - with their exclusive steels - have fallen by the wayside . . . granted, the number of exclusives are way down on what they were a few years ago but they are still in the game . . . As for the others: Amazon can hardly be bothered with UK exclusives and HMV - with a history of almost 100 years - has sadly had a difficult time of it since January, 2011 but hopefully their online shop will be back so that I can continue to source older Amarays.

I've never questioned or doubted the fact that Zavvi is an important "player" in the SteelBook market (which is a GREAT thing, and I'm thankful for it), just the way they handle their own logistics, which I can assure you, it CAN be GREATLY improved and with benefit for both, customers and Zavvi.

And about that "exclusive" part, what's up with that? It means that only they have the distribution/sale rights? But this is valid ONLY for UK, right? Then, I for one, if I would brag myself with "Worldwide Delivery" (therefore consider the whole world as the market), I would at least state "UK exclusive" (seller, I might add). This is similar with the "free delivery for SteelBooks" which after many-many-many complaints, end up in "free UK delivery for SteelBooks" only to be soon replaced by the "Red Carpet" thing (and BTW, if I purchase something now, with delivery outside UK, I still see the "free UK delivery for SteelBooks" of -£0.99 :LOL:).

I dare to humbly think (and say) that by now (in the 21 century) we ALL (we as individuals and companies like Zavvi, Amazon, HMV, Zoom, etc.) should think more globally than locally, and therefore act accordingly!

And back to the toping: does anyone knows what's the longest/maximum time between Zavvi takes money, advert "Awaiting Dispatch" and the actual dispatch taking place?

Reactions: Punker76
1) About that "exclusive" part, what's up with that? It means that only they have the distribution/sale rights? But this is valid ONLY for UK, right?
2) Back to the toping: does anyone knows what's the longest/maximum time between Zavvi takes money, advert "Awaiting Dispatch" and the actual dispatch taking place?
1) Yes . . . same steelbooks that Zavvi gets available in other territories from other retailers, often cheaper too, but with domestic language J-card/O-ring.
2) In my experience no more than a couple of days but I'm local so may vary depending on your location.

• Thanks