[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

2 of 10 - More 70s Movie Posters - Logan's Run
View attachment 541986
Make sure you know what you're eating, just saying :rofl:
Boy, the feels really come out with this one. My best friend at the time, Scott and I could not wait for this movie to land. My dad, who was awesome beyond the word and any context of it, happily took us to the theater to see it day one. I remember he asked Scott if he had any money for popcorn and Scott said no so my dad gave him some money so he could get some. This was going to be one of the next ones I posted. I was just looking at the dvd I have last night thinking I need to watch it again. At the time, it was the most profitable sci fi film in the history of cinema. Then came Star Wars. But it was Logan's Run that made Hollywood take notice and began the onslaught of awesome Sci Fi entertainment.

Reactions: GeoRattray
6 of 10 - More 70s Movie Posters - Superman
Now this I saw in the cinema with parents - good times...
View attachment 541990
Another one that brings out the feels. Every so often the entire gang would get together and take in a movie, and this was solidly on the agenda. We all hung out at a bookstore called My Book Nook, and I remember us hoping the film makers would pull this off, and we wouldn't be disappointed like we were with King Kong, which at the time was the ultimate letdown of life. Let's just say that we were all pretty elated and happy as heck that it was so amazing. I have a couple movie programs from this, too, as well as numerous publications. When you're a young sci fi fan in the 70's, you deep dive on all kinds of useless stuff....that you end up loving when you discover it in a box later in life.

Hey, here's an idea that sits soundly in the land of pop culture (one of the allowances of the contest). How about if we list our 10 favorite sci-fi/fantasy/horror TV Series....wait for it.....OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naturally this will vary greatly depending on the age of the lister, but since there seems to be two of us stallwarts still cranking these gears, let's do one show per post, but elaborate on it with things such as a favorite episode, character, etc. Like 'Black Books' which I'm inclined to check out now because it fits in my bombastic stupid comedy acumen, perhaps it will encourage me or passers by to check out a few of them.

And hey....let's make it interesting and post a picture grab from the show for each listing.

Hey, here's an idea that sits soundly in the land of pop culture (one of the allowances of the contest). How about if we list our 10 favorite sci-fi/fantasy/horror TV Series....wait for it.....OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naturally this will vary greatly depending on the age of the lister, but since there seems to be two of us stallwarts still cranking these gears, let's do one show per post, but elaborate on it with things such as a favorite episode, character, etc. Like 'Black Books' which I'm inclined to check out now because it fits in my bombastic stupid comedy acumen, perhaps it will encourage me or passers by to check out a few of them.

And hey....let's make it interesting and post a picture grab from the show for each listing.
Gotta start with Firefly. Man what a fantastic brilliant practically perfect show.

Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

1 of 10

Lost in Space
aa.jpg

The Robinson family, along with their robot named "Robot", and the mischievous Doctor Smith in the background. Standing next to Robot who routinely thwarted his scandal. Did I say Robot? As Doctor Smith would call him "You bubbleheaded booby". They all took off from earth aboard the Jupiter II, with Dr.Smith an accidental stowaway who got stuck on board while trying to destroy the mission. Guy Williams, who was also Zorro, played John Robinson and legendary actress June Lockhart played his wife, Maureen. Their son Will, who was tied to the hip with Dr.Smith as the series evolved, was played by Billy Mumy, who it was learned had some action with fellow star, and show sister, Penny, played by Angela Cartwright. Mark Goddard played right hand man to Dr.Robinson, Major Don West ; Marta Kristen played daughter Judy, not to be confused with The Jetsons.

There are so many iconic episodes of this show its hard to differentiate, but if I had to nail it down I think my favorite episode was when Will accidently fell into some alien machine that merged him with Dr.Smith, but the real Dr.Smith somehow survived and was terrified by his little mini me. This show also had two distinct TV themes, so iconic in my brain are both, that they both sound right. LOL.

When Hulu first came on the scene online, I joined with the sole purpose of watching this show!!! Love it, man, in all its infantile era glory.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMA and GeoRattray

Great idea, going to get an internal list together and start sharing with the munch bunch later :thumbs:

Reactions: jaws finatic
1 of 10 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Babylon 5 (1994+)

Chronicling the years over 2257 to 2262. The war between the Vorlons and the Shadows and all alien races within the struggle around one central place in the galaxy - Babylon 5. Was being broadcast on Sundays and with the cliffhanger by season 3, how could you not come back and see the rest. Loved it.
1664143254595.png

Over the years, collected all the trading cards including the autographs. Half the actors have passed away sadly that were part of this, so I do get the cards out and they remind me of what wonderful talent was involved in this show.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaws finatic