[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

5 of 10

Surely everyone and their mother has heard of this show. So many iconic episodes it's really hard to pick just one. Some of you guys talk about not getting into anything from the 80s or earlier, and that's just crazy talk to me. You will miss out on easily one of the greatest entertainment catalogs in the history of all time. The Twilight Zone just makes me smile thinking about it, all the crazy, uneven, surreal, unimaginable things that happen to people on that show. Like not having enough time to read, seeing a creature on the wing of your airborne plane, or tossing a lucky coin. There really isn't a show that has ever been on that gets a higher recommendation than this one. It's worth a blu ray blind buy of all episodes, I'm so sure you will love it. Rod Serling is the Master.
View attachment 542503
Yep, great fan of the Twilight Zone and would watch them if broadcast again. I hope your going to include Creepshow within your top ten, just saying?

Reactions: jaws finatic
Of course, every post counts. I'm eagerly awaiting @jaws finatic to finish his top 10 shows and move into the next top 10 on top of the previous top 10 :naughty:
Yeah man, I've slacked a bit on that. Sadly the turd blossom of life has bloomed for me lately, but I'll get it knocked out (the first 10) hopefully today. Tomorrow by the latest.

I've already started thinking of the next thing we should do, which is (given is October) our top 10 favorite Halloween Movie...wait for it.....OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!! Or....perhaps just the movies you typically watch during Halloween month. I know that I do have my standards that are a must watch, much like JAWS every 4th of July.

But I'll get the TV 10 done first

Reactions: GeoRattray
And now we come to the ultimate Sci Fi knock off......

6 of 10
The Outer Limits, which debuted in 1963 lasting for 2 seasons, was an obvious attempt to capitalize on the genius that was Rod Serling and his Twilight Zone. For a knock off, it definitely had some seriously sickening images and stories. One of which gave me nightmares for a while (see photo below). There's a reason it's called the golden age of television, because even the cheap attempts to hijack viewers were awesome.
OuterLimits.jpg

7 of 10 (or as it is historically referred to "The Birth of Captain Funyuns"

The show is proof positive you can actually adore a show with vampires, witches, werewolfs, zombies, etc. Following the exploits of the Collins family in Collinwood, Maine, 'Dark Shadows' introduced us to vampire with a heart in Barnabus Collins, played by Canadian actor Jonathan Frid. Afflicted with the desease of vampirism by the wicked, yet love starved, Angelique (Lara Parker), who cast the spell due to Barnabus spurning her for Josette. Thru the seasons Barnabus could always count on his friend Dr. Julia Hoffman, who knew his secret, but kept it to herself. Typically Barnabus would only go after scumbags who hurt his friends, but there was the occasional blood lust moment where he couldn't help himself. Vaults, secret rooms, rooms to past....just so much goodness. Indeed, I would hold my lunch money until after school, run to the Little General, but a bottle of Sprite and a big bag of Funyuns, and enjoy the carnage as it unfolded on my TV. Oh man, I'm getting goose pimples!!! I better stop before it can't be contained.

darkshadows.jpg

8 of 10

Another show from 60's Sci Fi television, Land of the Giants holds a special spot in my heart, and not necessarily from the show itself. Sure, I loved the show and my brother Mark and I never missed it, but one day back in 1969, an 8 year old Jaws Finatic was with his mom at Curry's Pharmacy, when I looked up at the magazine rack and saw the most beautiful thing my eyes had ever beheld in their young life. It was Famous Monsters of Filmland #55, and the hook was set. My course was clear. I currently have almost a full collection of the magazine, which dates to the late 50s. That moment sealed forever, seemingly hand in hand, Land of the Giants and FM, because I cannot think of one without the other. So here's a shot from the show, and an image of the magazine that hooked the heart of a little 8 year old boy.

land-of-the-giants.jpg

__57.jpg

9 of 10

Taking a bit of a departure, but staying in the realm of science fiction, I bring you My Favorite Martian.

Starring Bill Bixby and Ray Walston as the martian, the show was about Bixby hiding the martian in plain sight, referring to him as Uncle Martin. Thing about Uncle Martin is he has retractable antennas and a finger loaded with the force. The crazy stuff these two would get into is charming family fare. Bill Bixby would go on to be a TV staple with The Courtship of Eddie's Father, and The Incredible Hulk (Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry). Walston was sadly typecast and could only land bit roles here and there. The Martian follwed him everywhere he went....UNTIL, that is, he appeared in Fast Times at Ridgemont High as Mr.Hand. Walston recounted the happy day when, instead of someone doing the antenna gag to him, they started saying instead "Hey...it's Mr. Hand", and he knew the martian was done. Sorry Ray, as long as I'm alive, My Favorite Martian will be too.
MV5BMTY1MTU4MTUwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjM3MjU2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg