[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

10 of 10

The mack daddy of TV Science Fiction, STAR TREK was created by Gene Roddenberry and it's five year mission, to explore new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilization; to boldly go where no man has gone before, lasted only 3 years, but back in those days 3 years equated to a boatload of episodes. So many, it's hard to single one out, but I'll go with the episode where they landed on earth, but it was an earth where anything you thought of, you received. A great episode where Kirk gets his butt kicked by his old school time tormentor. Also...Spock falls in love, and all that entails. William Shatner as Kirk, Leonard Nimoy as Dr. Spock, and a treasure trove of talent I'm fairly certain you are all already acquainted with. Thus, here's a family photo of the crew in all their youthful glory. Boy, those were the days.
376756_407657482614925_52697369_n.jpg

Out of interest, and trying to get the posts up to make 65 pages, is all the cost of living increases going to make you think twice before getting some steelbooks?
I am in the UK and already thinking I need to be a bit more picky with the ones I get but it will take some restraint.
I am lucky that I am in an ok position but only have a few years left of the fixed rate on my mortgage so feel I need to over pay as much as I can on that as I think when I come off the fixed rate, my monthly payments will increase too much if I don't act now.
It won't stop my steelbook purchases completely but I think I will have to cut back a little, just wondered what other people's thoughts were and if they had plans to cut back?
Between space and costs, I try my best to only buy physical media for content I love. It’s tough when there’s great SteelBooks for bad movies, like WW81. It’s even tougher when there’s great SteelBooks for good or very good movies.

I loved the original quantum leap and haven't heard much good about the new series but it is only a couple of episodes in. I want to watch it but I always worry they are going to mess up something I used to really enjoy and taint it so will wait until the new series is finished or close too and see how people are taking it in before I decide to watch it.
Although I am aware that when they do new series of old shows like this,some people will never be satisfied.
Would be interested to hear your thoughts on it after a few more episodes
Since it’s a continuation, instead of a reboot, it’s doing a good job of following much of the original formula and paying homage. I’m wondering how long they’ll stretch things out, before they reveal the main plot points. I’ll write more, when I get more of an impression.

Reactions: Watkinss1
I, too, hold Rogue One to the greatest of esteems, and it really nudges up pretty close to my love affair with Empire Strikes Back. We see Mandalorian the same way, too. Fun Saturday fare that's worth looking forward to. Looks like I'll have to check out Andor now.
A lot of background for the TV series come from the various Star Wars animated TV series. They’re like the new Dr. Strange, in that way. Sure, they’re viewable standalone, but there’s much more content and nuance for the Star Wars fans that have seen all of the canon material.

I never saw this Kurt Russel movie nor did I know of it's existence. DierSol Star Force would have been one I would have got as I do like the design :thumbs:
I remembered watching it as a kid and I saw there was a steelbook. It's my kind of action movie. Simple plot, exiled soldier learns the power of love kinda thing. Check it out.

Reactions: GeoRattray
How many of you have kept your DVDs? I still have mine. They're boxed up from moving, so they save shelf space.
I still have all my dvds, and many are in boxes. Have a box or 2 of blu ray as well to make room for the steelbook. Oddly, I find I go to the box to fish out movies I want to watch so I don't disturb the steelbook.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Between space and costs, I try my best to only buy physical media for content I love. It’s tough when there’s great SteelBooks for bad movies, like WW81. It’s even tougher when there’s great SteelBooks for good or very good movies.
Yeah man. I eluded to this earlier that I keep my ideals honed on premiums of things I really like. No longer the casual steelbook guy.

Reactions: RMA
As we get closer to page 65, is there some kind of celebratory thing we want to do when we hit it? Like maybe action photo's of each of us with a look of shock and awe!!!??? Heck man....once there, 100 pages is a mere 35 away. That's like playing in a sandbox!

@JinxyKatte Watched your video on Thor: Love and Thunder and loved it man. The passion is just exuding from the video. I would likewise be seriously p.o.'d with that packaging. I mean, the big box is nice, but let's make sure we get it there safe with a little padding. Not much. Just a little. Unbelievable, man. And one more thing: What the heck does it mean to call something an exclusive, if the exclusiveness is blatantly poor. Clearly it is the red headed wayward step brother of the best buy version. Just wow, man. Excellent video, though! Keep up the good work, dude.

For you Ninja's who haven't checked out his channel yet, please do so. The vid I refer to is below:

Last edited:
@JinxyKatte Watched your video on Thor: Love and Thunder and loved it man. The passion is just exuding from the video. I would likewise be seriously p.o.'d with that packaging. I mean, the big box is nice, but let's make sure we get it there safe with a little padding. Not much. Just a little. Unbelievable, man. And one more thing: What the heck does it mean to call something an exclusive, if the exclusiveness is blatantly poor. Clearly it is the red headed wayward step brother of the best buy version. Just wow, man. Excellent video, though! Keep up the good work, dude.
Hey thanks man that means a lot. I wasn't planning on doing that video today. I had already made one and wasn't expecting the Thor as it had tracking saying Monday. But after it came I came here to check the best buy one and was like, ****. But thank you for the compliments, I guess when I really have something specific to say my passion came through huh. As for what exclusive means, it's exclusive to the country I guess.

Make sure to like and subscribe :)