Jack Reacher Movie Series Dead. Author Deems Tom Cruise ‘Too Short’

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Too bad. I liked the 2 movies.

Author Deems Tom Cruise ‘Too Short’ For Jack Reacher Role, Will Recast For Future Adaptations.

Lee Childs, the author of the Jack Reacher novels admits he finds the actor "too short" for the role. The character in the books is 6' 5" tall and has hands like dinner plates. So he doesn't want any more movies with Tom Cruise in the role. Childs will now turn to television for a series with a new lead actor.

Even if the role is recast, which it will be if there is a TV series, it's unclear on whether Cruise will be involved in the series after he purchased the rights to 17 of the Jack Reacher stories back in 2011. :wow:

Here's an article. I'm sure this news will be all over the place.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/movies/author-deems-tom-cruise-‘too-short’-for-jack-reacher-role-will-recast-for-future-adaptations/ar-BBPIgz6?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Reactions: Drum18
Cruise gets a lot of unnecessary flack imo I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but there's no doubting he has that on screen charisma he's not made many bad movies if you look at his filmography and the Mission Impossible movies just keep getting better with the crazy stunts he does in fact if he was English I really think he would be the perfect James Bond.I liked the first Jack Reacher movie have not seen the second one.