Jackie Brown (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The On Masterpiece Collection #8) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #77) [Korea]

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: December 30, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenticular - One Click (Pre-order November 12 at 3 PM Korea time, check your local time HERE)
Price: $37.99 (Individual Editions) - $123 (One Click)
Note: One Click Box Set with Same Numbering Cards (250 copies) Subject to change.
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
USA hub One Click - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti
UK hub One Click - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti

73423410_2683485221878678_6636092615441776640_o.jpg73324455_2683485301878670_2507600253289496576_o.jpg74614811_2683485381878662_1089058746824392704_o.jpg73035530_2676307082596492_9077708135111589888_n.jpg33D99B29-2B3C-488A-8186-2EF8D23303A3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
it was @Masta Norris who picked this up first and then i told them via Facebook, yes there's something wrong with spacing of the movie title... great that they cared and fixed it...
I mentioned this too them a couple of days ago on Facebook. I wasnt sure if anyone else had, as they didn't seem to see the problem when I told them, but I'm glad they listened to the feedback we gave.

I'm still split between the yellow/orange and the lenticular. The yellow slip is a cool funky design but I wonder if it might be too much with the steelbook looking the way that it does. Might be nice to have the movie poster lenticular to offset the vibrant steelbook. But as others have said, I'm not sure how the colour change will work on this...
EDIT: Never noticed that the banners are all a blue-ish tinted version of the black poster so I suppose it will alternate between the two.

We note that the Jackie Brown Steelbook (Kimchidvd Exclusive No.77) (The On Serise No.8) will be released at 30th of December 2019.

The Pre order : 2019-11-12(15:00) Korea Time

Fullslip (A1 Type) : USD37.99
Fullslip (A2 Type) : USD37.99
Lenticular Fullslip (B Type) : USD37.99

One Click Box : USD123.00

One Click Box: with Same Numbering Cards (250 copies) Subject to change

We note that the Jackie Brown Steelbook (Kimchidvd Exclusive No.77) (The On Serise No.8) will be released at 30th of December 2019.

The Pre order : 2019-11-12(15:00) Korea Time

Fullslip (A1 Type) : USD37.99
Fullslip (A2 Type) : USD37.99
Lenticular Fullslip (B Type) : USD37.99

One Click Box : USD123.00

One Click Box: with Same Numbering Cards (250 copies) Subject to change
Why give out how many One-Clicks were made but leave out all the singles? Makes it difficult for me to decide what to do: GB, direct, wait grab later if it's a spendy month, or if on the fence take my chances and wait for in hand pics and comments.
It could just be me getting grouchy in my old age but it seems like manufactures are telling us less often what the print run is on steelbooks.
I remember when even Zavvi used to say all the time, now it's just these Marvel Collector Boxsets and that's it.

Reactions: DMD4k
Something tells me this won’t sell out on kimchi.

should of been designed so much better. Steel should be the lenti art and then some classy minimal art on slips. Instead they went full steam on tacky. Lenti is probably the best package but the steelbook lets it down by a landslide

Reactions: milky and Noodles
Something tells me this won’t sell out on kimchi.

should of been designed so much better. Steel should be the lenti art and then some classy minimal art on slips. Instead they went full steam on tacky. Lenti is probably the best package but the steelbook lets it down by a landslide
I actually like the steelbook design, and I think the a1 full slip will be just as amazing as the lenti should be ... so definitely different strokes for different folks. ha.

selling out will likely highly depend on print run. If its the same amount as From Dusk Till Dawn then I think it'll be similar in that aspect. Overall tho Tarantino is the one exception to the rule when it comes to marvel/dc ... so it's not like it'll be in stock forever. I think this edition might surprise some folks tho as their arent other premium jackie brown steels and even a lackluster amount of jackie brown steels period. That can help boost some sales.

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah, think I'll be passing on this... I'd only really be buying it because it's currently the only premium edition for Jackie Brown on the market, and not because I actually like it - honestly one of the worst premium steels I've seen in a while.

Hopefully being patient works out and someone like Manta will do a premium release at some point... same goes for the rest of Tarantino's films. If not, then I'll come out of slip-making retirement and just make my own, then stick the old Zavvi steel in there.

Anyone know if the steelbook is available solo?
You mean in the form of a 1/4 Slip? No, I don't think so. The On haven't done 1/4 Slips for any of their steelbook releases and I doubt this will change with the upcoming release.

I'm don't quite get the hate for the editions. A1 looks nice. A2 could turn out great, too - we all know The On don't mess around when it comes to beautiful finishes. The lenti's a bit lacking, in my opinion. Especially the backside of the slip. And for the steel: certainly not a contender for Steelbook of the Year, but I think it looks solid. And as I don't have a steelbook release of this movie yet, I'm pretty happy with what they're offering. I'll go for A1!

I actually like the steelbook design, and I think the a1 full slip will be just as amazing as the lenti should be ... so definitely different strokes for different folks. ha.

selling out will likely highly depend on print run. If its the same amount as From Dusk Till Dawn then I think it'll be similar in that aspect. Overall tho Tarantino is the one exception to the rule when it comes to marvel/dc ... so it's not like it'll be in stock forever. I think this edition might surprise some folks tho as their arent other premium jackie brown steels and even a lackluster amount of jackie brown steels period. That can help boost some sales.

I want to like it (the steel) but maybe it will look better in hand. It’s a shame because the zavvi steelbook art would really suit this package. That glossed and embossed or debossed would be great. Infact it’s one of those times I wouldn’t mind a premium re using art but making it better. I also think A1 is much better than A2, the bank note slip just looks so tacky but know it will have a great finish like all rubbish steels and slips haha. I do like A1 but it reminds me too much of nice guys and their other designs for fdtd etc. It seems like they want to do that kind of design on one edition of each film they do. Like their matching spines which I suppose its fine for their own stamp and style but it don’t always suit the film. The spines look ok lined up but also weird that they don’t suit the film.

It will no doubt eventually sell out, maybe one edition quicker than others but I think this will be slower compared to some releases. Even if it is Tarantino (I think we spoke about this before that although we like it it’s not our favourite tarantino film) and I feel that’s the same for a lot of Tarantino fans. The collector and Tarantino fan in me still wants it but I have more doubt over this release than any other premium Tarantino release before it. It’s unfortunately not a must have for me due to the art they have chosen. And I wish the lenti art was on a slip instead

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Yeah, think I'll be passing on this... I'd only really be buying it because it's currently the only premium edition for Jackie Brown on the market, and not because I actually like it - honestly one of the worst premium steels I've seen in a while.

Hopefully being patient works out and someone like Manta will do a premium release at some point... same goes for the rest of Tarantino's films. If not, then I'll come out of slip-making retirement and just make my own, then stick the old Zavvi steel in there.
I'll skip this release ...a damn shame ...now I'll have a gab im my Tarantino premium collection.
I bet both of you will cave once first in hand pics appear.

You mean in the form of a 1/4 Slip? No, I don't think so. The On haven't done 1/4 Slips for any of their steelbook releases and I doubt this will change with the upcoming release.

I'm don't quite get the hate for the editions. A1 looks nice. A2 could turn out great, too - we all know The On don't mess around when it comes to beautiful finishes. The lenti's a bit lacking, in my opinion. Especially the backside of the slip. And for the steel: certainly not a contender for Steelbook of the Year, but I think it looks solid. And as I don't have a steelbook release of this movie yet, I'm pretty happy with what they're offering. I'll go for A1!
A1 matches the steel well. I think it’s the best one

I’m going for it, I think t will look better in hand (they usually do) and the lenti is spot on artwork-wise for me.
Just a premium Django & Hollywood to go.

Reactions: jasong