Jae's What Sequel Would You Do? Thansk for entries- winner is hal9000b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
West Sussex, UK
Firstly, I must apologise for the 'Grand' in the title tag. A little hyperbolic, I feel.
Edit: *shazam* thank you, mysterious moderator, for the turbulence-free in-flight correction.

Anyway, I'm a writer with twenty-one books published. My twentieth was a 60-page premium format colour illustrated edition called Walking Home. You can find details here: http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html

I have one of the 50 numbered and signed (by myself and the artist) A4-format first edition copies to give away to the person who impresses me most with their answer to the following question:

If you had the power to decide, which film - that you loved - that didn't get a sequel, should have one? And what would it be about?

Entries on this thread by 9pm EST on 26th. Keep 'em focussed (a half dozen sentences or so) and I'll pick a winner on the 27th February. I'll also post my decision and thoughts on the runners up on here.
EDIT2: Ninja Week closes on the evening of the 26th, and this thread will be locked. Therefore, the winner will be notified by PM from me, and one of the mods will amend this post to reflect the winner. Sorry about that.

Cheers!
walking_home A4 cvr3 ptyp3 H400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool prize. Thanks a lot.
I would really like to see a Sequel to "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"´. Maybe not the best film of all time but i have great childhood memories for this flick.
The Story should include a child from Buck and Ardala. This would be a shocking revelation. Of course Kane should try to get his revenge. There should also be a new Draconian Invasion with Bucks child in charge. So the stage would be open for an diffcult father - son/daughter relationship, revenge, space dog-fights. The title theme should be the same. Loved the song.

Reactions: Jae
With the success of T2 (no not that one, Trainspotting 2) revisiting the lives of Renton and crew 20 years on, and with the upcoming Twin Peaks continuation some 25 years on, I would love to revisit some of the characters I grew up with to see what they're doing now. I'm torn between seeing what Ferris Bueller has been up to after his eponymous day off; whether he got through school, if Cameron survived trashing the Ferrari, and if Abe Froman ever got his lunch; and where the Breakfast Club are now. Did that Saturday morning detention change their lives forever or did they revert back to their stereotypical ways on the Monday morning. I like to think they grew as a result of their experiences and were changed for the better.

@Jae A very personal and unique prize... I love it! Thanks for donating your book towards #NinjaWeek. :)

Amazing prize Jae. And nice to hear of your writing career.

It certainly never turned heads, but the Rocketeer has remained one of my favorite movies of all time. It would have been so exciting to have witnessed a sequel to the movie. Felt so right to taqke off again and it ended with so much promise. Even the making of saw Billy Campbell say, "Wait for the sequel".

Alas, it was never made. :grumpy:

And now i hear of a horrid remake in the works! (n)

Good luck to all.

Some films leave no room for a sequel but...

Leon.

He gets a reprieve in the afterlife and brought back to right wrongs. The rules don't allow him to interact or reveal himself. He is still human and if he completes his missions can gain his life back. Each kill though takes him a step further from Matilda until...

The film I choose isn't so much a sequel but more a spin off, and it would be to the original Rocky and it the movie would be called "Apollo".

The film would be about Apollo Creed coming up in LA with Tony training him leading into his World championship reign starring Carl Weathers. I always thought this would've been an awesome movie especially with the charisma of Weathers. Creed was a great alternative but I would've rather have seen this!

Thanks for the give away

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
The Black Hole was one of my favourite films as a (very) young boy and I'd loved there to have been some continuation of the story - what happens one they are through to the other side (The Black Hole: Beyond?)

I liked the idea that maybe there was some kind of alternative or even mirror type universe - and they maybe, somehow, Reinhardt and Maxillian had survived the trip through as well, with what was left of the Cygnus android crew and we're chasing them

Thanks for the giveaway - a brilliant and uniquely personal prize :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.