Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on April 23 at 9 AM UK time for Red Carpet subcribers and 12 PM general sale)
Price: £36.99
Note: Collector's edition includes a SteelBook + lenticular slipbox + 44-page booklet + 4 art cards

12540848-8424761426688437.jpg

To have your faulty booklet replaced, follow the below instructions:

Thank you for placing order 123 with us for Jaws - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Collector's Edition Steelbook.

We Just wanted to let you know we have discovered the booklet within the recent Jaws exclusive edition has an error and some of the pages have been printed in the wrong order. From Universal Pictures UK - we apologise for the printing error on the booklet for the Jaws 4K Zavvi exclusive Steelbook. We are currently re-printing the booklet and if you would like a replacement copy please send an email to [email protected] with the subject ‘Jaws Replacement Booklet’.

Please include your full postal address and proof of purchase by the 31st August 2020 and we will send you a new booklet in the post.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

If you require any further support or have any additional questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help.

Regards,

zavvi customer service

Last edited by a moderator:
This release is not like the Disney Collector's editions releases waiting on CE parts be made

Jaws release is Universal release manfactured locally

Zavvi will start to charge debit cards likely between Tue 26/Wed 27th/Thur 28th with dispatch shortly after

HMV have the same Lenticular Slipcase release just has a amaray instead of a steelbook they will ship on Friday 29th
Thanks Paul. Can you ask your friends if the finish will be glossy or matte and eventually some emboss or deboss?

Reactions: paulboland
Thanks Paul. Can you ask your friends if the finish will be glossy or matte and eventually some emboss or deboss?
I don't know what the steelbook finish will be or if will have any embossing etc
When someone gets delivery that's when it will be known

Amazon have same steelbook on it's own without the lenticular slip someone in UK might get Friday 29th /Saturday 30th delivery and hopefully do an unboxing video

Reactions: BluCrazy2
if anyone has a spare or sees it come back in stock please tag me. i just checked my zavvi account and its not there so either i was high and didnt order it or zavvi dont want me to have the precious

I don't know what the steelbook finish will be or if will have any embossing etc
When someone gets delivery that's when it will be known

Amazon have same steelbook on it's own without the lenticular slip someone in UK might get Friday 29th /Saturday 30th delivery and hopefully do an unboxing video
I have it on order from Amazon, but have just received an email advising that delivery might be delayed, so I don't see myself receiving this before its release date of 1 June:

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding your order for Jaws 4K Steelbook [Blu-ray] [2020] [Region Free]

We will not be able to deliver this item(s) to you on the date initially indicated in the summary of your order. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online and, to serve our customers while also helping to ensure the safety of our associates, we are prioritising stocking and delivering items that are a higher priority for our customers. This has resulted in some of our delivery promises being longer than usual.

We can confirm that your pre-order is secure; however, we don’t yet have an estimated delivery date.

We are making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible and will email you as soon as we have a delivery date.

I have it on order from Amazon, but have just received an email advising that delivery might be delayed, so I don't see myself receiving this before its release date of 1 June:

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding your order for Jaws 4K Steelbook [Blu-ray] [2020] [Region Free]

We will not be able to deliver this item(s) to you on the date initially indicated in the summary of your order. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online and, to serve our customers while also helping to ensure the safety of our associates, we are prioritising stocking and delivering items that are a higher priority for our customers. This has resulted in some of our delivery promises being longer than usual.

We can confirm that your pre-order is secure; however, we don’t yet have an estimated delivery date.

We are making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible and will email you as soon as we have a delivery date.

I got the same email (well...3 of them), this morning for the Jaws 4K amaray, the Watchmen Limited Series & the Parasite steelbook.
I then 10 minutes later got an update for Jaws that it'll arrive on June 8th.

Is this Zavvi's first lenticular slipbox?
Slipbox not exclusive to Zavvi in UK
The lenticular slipbox is been used on limited editions Amaray releases in USA and UK

HMV exclusive release in UK is same lenticular slipbox with book
HMV release had Amaray case instead of steelbook

Slipbox not exclusive to Zavvi in UK
The lenticular slipbox is been used on limited editions Amaray releases in USA and UK

HMV exclusive release in UK is same lenticular slipbox with book
HMV release had Amaray case instead of steelbook

Cheers. But as far as Zavvi releases of lenticular slip boxes with steelbooks inside.... would this be their first?

Hello,

It's normal to get these emails from Amazon at the moment due to covid-19
Amazon are still prioritize essential goods over non essential
I get these emails regularly for my Amazon UK pre orders
Your estimated delivery date can change a few times and also change to estimated date unknown a few times before actually been dispatched

Dont go by release date as at short notice your order estimated delivery date can change

Some UK customers will have delivery by release date or before but not all
Will depend on the warehouse used to dispatch your order and can change at very short notice

I'll be honest, I'm finding it hard to see a Zero finish anywhere on that, It looks basic matte to me.

Just look at the shark on the front, you can see streaks in the black of it's mouth.....

Truly cheap design to avail of maximum profit in sales. I was going to sell my original, but now I don't thinks so. This looks so dull and washed out. It desperately misses the red in the title IMO.

Crap effort for such an iconic film. Especially when you see lesser known films such as Mandy and Tigers Are Not Scared getting full gloss finishes.... :(