Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on April 23 at 9 AM UK time for Red Carpet subcribers and 12 PM general sale)
Price: £36.99
Note: Collector's edition includes a SteelBook + lenticular slipbox + 44-page booklet + 4 art cards

To have your faulty booklet replaced, follow the below instructions:

Thank you for placing order 123 with us for Jaws - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Collector's Edition Steelbook.

We Just wanted to let you know we have discovered the booklet within the recent Jaws exclusive edition has an error and some of the pages have been printed in the wrong order. From Universal Pictures UK - we apologise for the printing error on the booklet for the Jaws 4K Zavvi exclusive Steelbook. We are currently re-printing the booklet and if you would like a replacement copy please send an email to [email protected] with the subject ‘Jaws Replacement Booklet’.

Please include your full postal address and proof of purchase by the 31st August 2020 and we will send you a new booklet in the post.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

If you require any further support or have any additional questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help.

Regards,

zavvi customer service

12540848-8424761426688437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the examples, So the first pic shows if you cut out the middle of the book and just have the one sheet, there is the connected article.

Second and third pics are essentially the story on a reverse of a page like that, connected but split and on the other side means the beginning of the story comes after the end.

Edit. Couldn't upload third pic, but its under the pile in my hand to the left. You're seeing the beginning of the article, the end comes many pages before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200601-231152.png
    Screenshot_20200601-231152.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_20200601-231157.png
    Screenshot_20200601-231157.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • Wow
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Here are the examples, So the first pic shows if you cut out the middle of the book and just have the one sheet, there is the connected article.

Second and third pics are essentially the story on a reverse of a page like that, connected but split and on the other side means the beginning of the story comes after the end.

Edit. Couldn't upload third pic, but its under the pile in my hand to the left. You're seeing the beginning of the article, the end comes many pages before.
Just LOL.

Still not received mine. Looks like it will be tomorrow at the earliest now...
Spoke too soon - postie arrived a couple of mins after I posted this! A late delivery today (and not the usual guy, so probably a stand-in, hence the later delivery)!

Mine does seem to have survived the trip in the bubble mailer, though!

Reactions: GrimmReapah
Spoke too soon - postie arrived a couple of mins after I posted this! A late delivery today (and not the usual guy, so probably a stand-in, hence the later delivery)!

Nice man! I hope mine will be good to, still waiting for it... :ohno:

Can't figure out how they messed up the printing of the booklet. I work in the printing trade and there as specific checks and balances. It should have been spotted at the proof reading stage.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk

Happy it isn't damaged. Hope that for mine too! It is on the way

I bought the Best Buy version with amaray, but wasn't impressed with the lenticular slip. Will return and wait for HDzeta and Filmarena editions. Not sure if the US edition also has printing errors on the book.

• Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey
I bought the Best Buy version with amaray, but wasn't impressed with the lenticular slip. Will return and wait for HDzeta and Filmarena editions. Not sure if the US edition also has printing errors on the book.
Us version hasn't errors

Reactions: MM3
As someone who works in the printing trade I'm at a lose to figure out how it happened. It should have caught on at the proof stage.
I think I've figured out what's gone wrong with the booklet. It appears that it's a page for page re-print of the digibook version, but the digibook version had a glued spine (where the double pages are folded, then placed next to each other and then binded/glued), this release hasn't , each double page has just been folded out, placed on top of each other and then stapled and folded once. It's impossible to correct by unstapling and re-arranging (unless you re-bind the thing)

I've fired off an email asking what's going to be done about this, either return for refund or a proper re-print sent out to customers.