Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on April 23 at 9 AM UK time for Red Carpet subcribers and 12 PM general sale)
Price: £36.99
Note: Collector's edition includes a SteelBook + lenticular slipbox + 44-page booklet + 4 art cards

To have your faulty booklet replaced, follow the below instructions:

Thank you for placing order 123 with us for Jaws - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Collector's Edition Steelbook.

We Just wanted to let you know we have discovered the booklet within the recent Jaws exclusive edition has an error and some of the pages have been printed in the wrong order. From Universal Pictures UK - we apologise for the printing error on the booklet for the Jaws 4K Zavvi exclusive Steelbook. We are currently re-printing the booklet and if you would like a replacement copy please send an email to [email protected] with the subject ‘Jaws Replacement Booklet’.

Please include your full postal address and proof of purchase by the 31st August 2020 and we will send you a new booklet in the post.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

If you require any further support or have any additional questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help.

Regards,

zavvi customer service

12540848-8424761426688437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do bear in mind that the booklet inside any sealed set will be faulty/misprinted, does it come with a new booklet as an extra ? (see OP at top for info)

It does not have corrected booklet, but that does not bother me.

Plus I have the previous Zavvi/UK Jaws steelbook factory wrapped that I can sell now ...

Zavvi only just refunded me for this as sent back when arrived damaged.
Zavvi told me that its been on special order, but its been months, they have had my money for months.
Shocking customer service, got fed up of waiting and now they have refund me in full + £5 credit.
But I have no Jaws Steelbook and now I know it's going to cost me a lot to get one.

Last edited:
Just for the heck of it :

Why hasn’t the Jaws franchise been brought back to life in well over 30 years, you ask? That’d be because Steven Spielberg is incredibly protective of the original classic’s legacy, at many points over the years promising to never digitally touch it up and also to never allow for it to be remade. And it seems he still feels just as strongly about that decision today as he ever did.
Deadline notes this week in a report about Spielberg’s dealings with Netflix, “One area [Spielberg] will not revisit is Jaws. Deadline heard recently that Universal broached the subject to reboot Spielberg’s breakout classic, with Spielberg producing, and the answer was a firm no. Some at Universal and Amblin said this was already known and not a recent conversation.”
Spielberg’s Jaws was of course followed by three sequels in 1978, 1983 and 1987, but it seems to be Spielberg and Spielberg alone who has made sure the franchise hasn’t been revived in the 30+ years since Jaws: The Revenge. Other than the original Jaws getting Blu-ray and 4K releases, as well as being re-released into theaters and of course continually spawning new toys, games, and merchandise, the franchise hasn’t even so much as threatened to unleash a new movie all these years. And it sounds like that won’t be changing anytime soon.
So if you’re worried about a Jaws remake bringing new versions of Brody, Hooper and Quint to the big screen, you can cast those worries out to sea. For now, it’s just not happening.

Just for the heck of it :

Why hasn’t the Jaws franchise been brought back to life in well over 30 years, you ask? That’d be because Steven Spielberg is incredibly protective of the original classic’s legacy, at many points over the years promising to never digitally touch it up and also to never allow for it to be remade. And it seems he still feels just as strongly about that decision today as he ever did.
Deadline notes this week in a report about Spielberg’s dealings with Netflix, “One area [Spielberg] will not revisit is Jaws. Deadline heard recently that Universal broached the subject to reboot Spielberg’s breakout classic, with Spielberg producing, and the answer was a firm no. Some at Universal and Amblin said this was already known and not a recent conversation.”
Spielberg’s Jaws was of course followed by three sequels in 1978, 1983 and 1987, but it seems to be Spielberg and Spielberg alone who has made sure the franchise hasn’t been revived in the 30+ years since Jaws: The Revenge. Other than the original Jaws getting Blu-ray and 4K releases, as well as being re-released into theaters and of course continually spawning new toys, games, and merchandise, the franchise hasn’t even so much as threatened to unleash a new movie all these years. And it sounds like that won’t be changing anytime soon.
So if you’re worried about a Jaws remake bringing new versions of Brody, Hooper and Quint to the big screen, you can cast those worries out to sea. For now, it’s just not happening.
Yeah, read that too - with real relief.