Jaws (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #006) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 4, 2023
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Vice Press Pre-order on May 29, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £69.99 (Vice Press Poster Edition) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 200

Jaws_FVR_4K.jpg

Jaws Film Vault.jpg

Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition

hl-26573170267.png hl-26573170260.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone actually going to be displaying a small block of boring ass glass?
I'll be displaying most of them, those that are for movies I got a bunch of various editions of, when they're all on the same shelf together, adding this plaque makes the whole set up look better, more special.

Dana Carvey Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Unfortunatley, this doesnt seem to be the case at all.

Look at the Apollo unboxing. Its damaged inside, just like the ones from wave 1.

View attachment 562531
I saw that review as well, funny how he pointed his camera at the left side, ignoring the right and said it looks reinforced and not broke, oblivious to the other side !. Amazing what people say when they get freebies to promote.

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
I saw that review as well, funny how he pointed his camera at the left side, ignoring the right and said it looks reinforced and not broke, oblivious to the other side !. Amazing what people say when they get freebies to promote.
Yeah I was amazed by that too .... in a negative way.

Maybe they actually did reincforce the paper thing directly around the glass stone (the one which was flipped down and let the stone slip away in the first wave). But the overall construction seems to be still the same. Otherwise this wouldnt be damaged so easily.

Last edited:
So what was even the point of that feedback thread? They literally changed nothing and listened to nobody. Even lying directly to customer's faces about addressing future packaging design problems. Shame on Vice Press.

JAWS (1975) - The Film Vault Edition 4K UHD + Blu-ray

I received my copy here in Germany last week.
Pretty nice edition and worthwhile the money in my opinion.

The edition is limited to 4000 copies worldwide and is sold out everywhere besides on Amazon Italy. So you better be quick!

You might wanna check out my unboxing.

Reactions: Beersandblurays
Mine arrived from Amazon without protection with a sticker on top with my address and that's it. Obviously the corners are damaged and broken. Furthermore, the interior is also damaged. It's the same garbage as the previous editions. They have completely ignored us. Of course, I returned it, I refuse to pay for something like that.

IMG_20230913_145345_060.jpg

Mine arrived from Amazon without protection with a sticker on top with my address and that's it. Obviously the corners are damaged and broken. Furthermore, the interior is also damaged. It's the same garbage as the previous editions. They have completely ignored us. Of course, I returned it, I refuse to pay for something like that.

View attachment 563177
If they sent the item to you without any packaging you should have just complained to them and they would have let you keep it and get full refund.

It's not the first time they've done something like this to me. I have complained bitterly many times and their only solution, if I kept it, was a free month of Prime or a €5 gift voucher. That was all. Their excuse is that the packaging is done by a machine and it detects that it already comes in a “box” and supposedly does not need additional protection; It's a totally surreal answer. They have sent me vinyls in the same way and when I saw them I threw my hands on my head because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
To be honest, I didn't care if I kept it because the state it was in, both inside and out, would have hidden it in the darkest corner of my room instead of putting it in a visible place. Amazon's treatment of customers in Spain is a shame.