Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (2019)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Kevin Smith

Cast: Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith, Stan Lee, Brian O'Halloran, Jason Lee

Release: 2019-12-31

Plot: The Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old "Bluntman & Chronic Movie" they hated so much. It's a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business's recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces!

Can’t believe I missed that there wasn’t already a thread for this

LOVE some classic Kevin Smith (Red State was the last good movie he did IMO)

Haha redman and method man. This could be the small part of how high 2 we all deserve

Is Justin long playing his character from Zach and Miri?

OK I didn't find much funny about that trailer but I'm happy about all of the cameos.
Hopefully they saved all the funny stuff for the movie.

Sorry, but I must've forgotten to laugh. Looks like they're relying too heavily on cameos if you ask me.

I took a break from horror last week for a very special reason: to return to the View Askewniverse of Jay and Silent Bob. Yes, after 13 very long years, my favourite duo have finally returned and I couldn’t be happier. I’ll never fault an artist for trying something different — I never liked St. Anger, but I’ll never blame Metallica for attempting something new — but the Kevin Smith films that I grew up loving have definitely been missing for the last decade. He tried something different with Red State, Tusk, and Yoga Hosers, and I applaud him, but this is the Smith that I know and love. Jay & Silent Bob Reboot contains so much heart and it was beautiful to experience. During the introduction before the film by Smith and Jason Mewes, Smith mentioned that Mewes has grown immensely as an actor since his debut in Clerks and I kinda laughed — not because he hasn’t, but because I never really think of Mewes as an actor — but after watching Reboot, I couldn’t agree more. Mewes won’t win an Oscar or anything, but his performance here blew my mind. The cameos in this by all of the usual View Askew players made me grin from ear-to-ear, too — especially Ben Affleck’s. Knowing that he and Smith had a falling out years ago, his appearance in the film is just a really special moment that also contains some HILARIOUS yet heartwarming dialogue. Seeing Jason Lee as Brodie again really made me happy, too. As a comic geek, Mallrats was my go-to film for nearly a decade before comicbook movies got really great. I feel that if you grew up with these characters and this world like I did, you’ll be so happy and so emotional watching this film. Also, Smith gives easily the best, most heartfelt dedication to Stan Lee that I’ve seen yet, so I thank him for that. If Clerks III happens, I’ll be ecstatic, but even if it doesn’t, Jay & Silent Bob Reboot will easily be the best sendoff these characters could ever ask for. Watch Reboot and you’ll become Kevin Smith for 90 minutes and cry for reasons unknown. No complaints from this guy.

Rating (out of 5):
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

(unapologetically)

Reactions: kaw
I took a break from horror last week for a very special reason: to return to the View Askewniverse of Jay and Silent Bob. Yes, after 13 very long years, my favourite duo have finally returned and I couldn’t be happier. I’ll never fault an artist for trying something different — I never liked St. Anger, but I’ll never blame Metallica for attempting something new — but the Kevin Smith films that I grew up loving have definitely been missing for the last decade. He tried something different with Red State, Tusk, and Yoga Hosers, and I applaud him, but this is the Smith that I know and love. Jay & Silent Bob Reboot contains so much heart and it was beautiful to experience. During the introduction before the film by Smith and Jason Mewes, Smith mentioned that Mewes has grown immensely as an actor since his debut in Clerks and I kinda laughed — not because he hasn’t, but because I never really think of Mewes as an actor — but after watching Reboot, I couldn’t agree more. Mewes won’t win an Oscar or anything, but his performance here blew my mind. The cameos in this by all of the usual View Askew players made me grin from ear-to-ear, too — especially Ben Affleck’s. Knowing that he and Smith had a falling out years ago, his appearance in the film is just a really special moment that also contains some HILARIOUS yet heartwarming dialogue. Seeing Jason Lee as Brodie again really made me happy, too. As a comic geek, Mallrats was my go-to film for nearly a decade before comicbook movies got really great. I feel that if you grew up with these characters and this world like I did, you’ll be so happy and so emotional watching this film. Also, Smith gives easily the best, most heartfelt dedication to Stan Lee that I’ve seen yet, so I thank him for that. If Clerks III happens, I’ll be ecstatic, but even if it doesn’t, Jay & Silent Bob Reboot will easily be the best sendoff these characters could ever ask for. Watch Reboot and you’ll become Kevin Smith for 90 minutes and cry for reasons unknown. No complaints from this guy.

Rating (out of 5):
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

(unapologetically)
No need to apologise Tridon, just give me the name of your dealer.:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: tridon
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database