JB Hi-fi / EzyDVD - SteelBook Retailers thread [Austalia]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to JB Hifi or EzyDVD.

JB-AU-Mobile-App-Logo-Transparent-300x300.png and
ezy_black.gif

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Packaging exemple: (tx to rosart & cityguyste)
CIMG1389.JPG IMG_2284.jpg IMG_2287.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to buy in the future some steelbooks. How good is the packaging guys? :)

Last few others I've placed from JB Hi-Fi they have shipped them in a box with peanuts. No bubblewrap but box is of good quality. Also haven't been hit with customs EEK!

I think theres an option to mark them as a gift when you're in the ordering process.

Reactions: Pieter V
Want to buy in the future some steelbooks. How good is the packaging guys? :)

i recently received Iron Man from JBhifi and the item came in a sold box with those Styrofoam balls. it was pretty good i'd say. if i can find the box ill take a photo.

so far id recommend them

Reactions: Pieter V
Thanks guys, I already heard some good stories about them. Now have a one place to share the feedback.

@Cityguyste: If you can find that box, photos are welcome. Handy for all of us. :)

ive bought 3 times from jb hifi packaging has been in a box with no protection and had to pay customs 2 times out the 3 , 1 time jb hifi refunded me my postage. that was about 18months ago , so they may have sorted this now

Packaging is good. Sturdy box and styrofoam pieces. One thing I would like to see, is some kind of divider (slip of cardboard would work) when shipping 2 steelbooks, metal or tin slips. ;)

CIMG1389.JPG

I have to say overall, I am very impressed with their customer service. When the whole "tin" slip wave first came to light, I got caught up in the hype and anger. I sent emails about them not cancelling and deceiving us. I realize now, this is not their doing. They have been very helpful with returning the items and said they would pay for the return shipping.

I also have not problems getting refunds for the Australian GST after I receive the orders. I just shoot them an email that the orders arrived safe, and in a day or 2 my CC is refunded.

So far, I am very impressed with JB Hi-Fi! :scat:

Last edited by a moderator:
What are delivery prices like to the UK? Thanks in advance
$9.28 AUS to the Netherlands for 2 steelbooks. Should be the same to the UK.

I left a note to packaging my steelbooks with lots of bubble wrap and requested to mark my package as a gift. Let's hope they will do that.

Just ordered from JBHiFi for the first time... picked up the Jurassic Park and Tron: Legacy steelbooks... hopefully the packing is good enough for the trip here to USA.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Hey roseart, how long did it take for you to get your package after you placed your order?

Hey roseart, how long did it take for you to get your package after you placed your order?

Once it ships, it is usually around 7-10 days. If something is actually in-stock. I ordered Tron back during the last sale, and it took a couple of weeks before it even shipped. I think they get some products from their many stores shipped to their warehouse, and then ship them out. Other things (like the new wave) ship out early or right away.

Reactions: jammyone
I received my Back to the Future & Apollo 13 shipped separately using the double bubble bag method. Both arrived mint so no complaints from me.

But it's cool to know that you can request certain style packaging.

Last edited:
One padded envelope inside of the other based on the order. That was how I have received my orders today.

package.jpg

Either they are just out of the boxes for the moment, or this is the new norm for single shipments. :( I got my Avengers steelbook in the bubble mailer inside a bubble mailer. Actually, the last 3 I have received from them have been this way. All have shown up mint, but the risk is too high shipping this way. I wasn't as worried about the Universal wave shipping like this as I can get them replaced. Avengers I would not be able to.

I hope it's temporary. :ohno:

I actually just received an order from them for two of the universal waves and it came in a box but one was dented. Sigh...These retailers really need to use foam or bubble wrap.