Apr 14, 2012
Earth
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Jeepers Creepers: Reborn

Tagline: Death Gives It Life.

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Timo Vuorensola

Cast: Gabriel Freilich

Plot: The Horror Hound festival holds its first-ever event in Louisiana, where it attracts hundreds of geeks, freaks, and die-hard horror fans from far and wide. Among them is fanboy Chase and his girlfriend Laine, who is forced to come along for the ride. But as the event approaches, Laine begins to experience unexplained premonitions and disturbing visions associated with the town’s past, and in particular, local legend/urban myth The Creeper. As the festival arrives and the blood-soaked entertainment builds to a frenzy, Laine believes that something unearthly has been summoned…and that she is at the center of it.

Reactions: komor
Timo Vuorensola is a Finnish film director, singer and actor.

I would not have high hopes for this.

... biting nails ...

Reactions: tono06
Some might wonder, why I'm rating most of the movies 3.5 to 4 stars - well I usually pick those I know I will like, and avoid the rest. Rarely do I watch something bad, and I knew this one wasn't too good, but wanted to see it just because it's a new, long awaited and delayed sequel, and it's October month, when I try to watch primarily horror movies.
Well lowered expectations did not help at all, this - don't even want to call it a movie - worse than a student work, worse than a YouTube enthusiast production, is awful. I've noticed something wrong with it, when the main characters stopped their car, and were obviously filmed, if there was any actual film used, better say 'recorded', against a green screen. Then the scene in a hotel looked strangely fake, and surely enough, the whole back wall, with the door, and a television hanging on the wall was either recorded separately, and then superimposed in the background, or CGI. Why? Don't know! Why waste time working on special effects, which look horrible by the way, on something so mundane, that could easily be filmed 'au naturel'?
Further in it got worse. The whole house they end up for half a movie is mostly CGI, even though they do have a couple of real corridors built, the whole cemetery is CGI, even a cave with a stone table on which the Creeper places his victim to extract organs is CGI. It felt like I was watching cut-scenes back in 1996 while playing Phantasmagoria, if anyone remembers those awesome horror games full of video recorded characters walking around CGI environments. With the same level of graphics quality and resolution, mind you, the cave walls were so low-res, it was laughable.
Creeper is also shown right away at the beginning, no mystery, just a guy in a rubber suit. Bad CGI wings added once, and even no mechanical claw-jaws around the head - one shot he's without it, another shot he's wearing it.
They also couldn't even get that Jeepers Creepers, where did ya get those peepers song...
Director's name looked familiar, it happens to be the same guy who did both Iron Sky movies, also full of CGI environments, but they were internet funded fan projects, and the setting actually required that, being about Nazis from the Moon and all, and the actors were all better, by the way.
What this crap was, I don't know.
Don't waste your time, don't, just don't.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database