JOHN CARPENTER'S VAMPIRES (Limited Edition Blu-ray)-Qty 5000-Twilight Time [USA]

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
image.jpg

Purchase HERE from SCREEN ARCHIVES
Or from TWILIGHT TIME directly.
Price: $29.95
Starring: James Woods, Daniel Baldwin, Sheryl Lee, Thomas Ian Griffith, Maximilian Schell, Tim Guinee
Directed By: John Carpenter
Written By: Don Jakoby
Score By: John Carpenter
Language: English
Video: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1 / Color
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA, English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English SDH
Theatrical Release: 1998
Runtime: 108 Minutes
Rating: R (Strong Vampire Violence and Gore, Language and Sexuality)
Region Code: Region Free (A/B/C)
Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Writer-Director John Carpenter / The Making of John Carpenter's Vampires / Original Theatrical Trailer

Limited Edition of 5,000 Units

“With a distinctively middle-aged zest, Carpenter retools even the hopeless cliché requiring action heroes to spout bad puns while dispatching bad guys; his eminently stylish movie proves that new blood can flow from an old vein.” – Lisa Alspector, Chicago Reader

“There’s an offhand sense of humor at work here, which Baldwin delivers with aplomb…Woods appears to be getting a kick out of his character’s take-no-prisoners posturing and, especially, his malicious taunting of priests.” – Bob Graham, San Francisco Chronicle

John Carpenter’s Vampires (1998) stars the irrepressible James Woods as a Vatican-sanctioned vampire slayer assisted by a wise-cracking sidekick (Daniel Baldwin) and a naïve young priest (Tim Guinee); they’re pitted against a centuries-old vamp (Thomas Ian Griffith) in an attempt to retrieve a religious relic that will allow the nocturnal types to stalk the world in the full light of day. Also starring Maximilian Schell and Sheryl Lee, and featuring a terrific score by the versatile Carpenter.

Last edited:
I agree Woods is excellent but for me it's a shame about the rest of the film. I just think after The Thing Carpenter was never the same again. The magic just seemed to leave his films for me anyway.

I somewhat agree with you that his movies went on the decline but more towards the mid 90's. But there were still some good ones after the Thing. Christine, Big Trouble in Little China, Prince of Darkness, They Live, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, In the Mouth of Madness...

C'mon... :D

Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95