Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: August 22, 2019
Purchase link: In store only
Price: $14.99
SKU: 203605
Note: On sale next week at 500 Gamestop locations! You'll want to look for this near the register in store.

ENTER OUR GROUP BUY LOTTERY HERE - STRICT 1 CHANCE PER MEMBER AND I WILL BE KEEPING A LIST OF NAMES OF THOSE THAT ALREADY SOURCED A COPY FROM A MEMBER ON THIS FORUM.

GameStop JW 1&2 Digital Movie SteelBook.png

Metal Card Game Stop.png

Last edited:
Undeniably cute and Lilliputian all 3 together ...
1566476887746.png

1566476314096.png
1566476518761.png

... and if this size - what could be described as 'funsize' - ever becomes the norm for steelbooks (not a totally ridiculous notion) the idea of giving us the customer less than we had before is certainly not a new one - in this case using less metal, less paint etc. ergo cheaper to produce . . . comparison with the confectionery market in so far as it would probably be the same price but for smaller products
1566477335095.png

Reactions: dfoles
I think we need to take this at face value and realize that it's a fun promotional item that one studio has been doing to help drive interest and sales. Not only from the collector's market but other folks that might be fans of the films.

Generally videogame steelbooks have been much larger runs and in some cases are more popular than films and you don't see that part of the market being flooded with minis, IMO

I think we need to take this at face value and realize that it's a fun promotional item that one studio has been doing to help drive interest and sales. Not only from the collector's market but other folks that might be fans of the films.

Generally videogame steelbooks have been much larger runs and in some cases are more popular than films and you don't see that part of the market being flooded with minis, IMO
I imagine people not in the know will see this at the register and equate it to the Mario themed metal tins of candy GameStop also sells by the register. A few people may pick it up, I’m guessing a few employees will realize what they have and eBay it. Meanwhile the rest of us ninjas are hounding the poor employees nearby who have no idea what’s going on.

Undeniably cute and Lilliputian all 3 together ...
View attachment 443724
View attachment 443716 View attachment 443718

... and if this size - what could be described as 'funsize' - ever becomes the norm for steelbooks (not a totally ridiculous notion) the idea of giving us the customer less than we had before is certainly not a new one - in this case using less metal, less paint etc. ergo cheaper to produce . . . comparison with the confectionery market in so far as it would probably be the same price but for smaller products
View attachment 443725

Did you find and grab this today?!

I’ve been calling my 3 local GameStops in Florida all week.. today one said in their system it shows shipped from warehouse on the 19th, but none of the stores in my area (central FL) received or have any. So basically this one is going to be hard to get and you gotta be lucky to have a GameStop in your area stocking it. Side note: I’ll bet the employees will jack all of them, once they realize how much in demand this is.. none will be available for the public lol

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Oops, so many JW versions out there lost the thread temporarily ...
... so, same artwork as 1 & 2 but against a red background instead of white:-
1566497781586.png

Saw this thread a couple days ago. Walked by a GameStop (Union Square, NYC) figuring it’d be a long shot since people didn’t seem to have any luck calling various stores here.

Had about 10 hanging on the wall behind the cashiers. Told me they just got them in today. Picked up 2.

Figure I’d register just to post the news.

Post pics when I get home.

Saw this thread a couple days ago. Walked by a GameStop (Union Square, NYC) figuring it’d be a long shot since people didn’t seem to have any luck calling various stores here.

Had about 10 hanging on the wall behind the cashiers. Told me they just got them in today. Picked up 2.

Figure I’d register just to post the news.

Post pics when I get home.
When you get a chance, can you double check your receipt for the SKU to make sure we're asking them for the right thing?

Did you find and grab this today?!
No, as in the UK it would be difficult for me but if released in the UK at a similar price I'd have no excuse to not pick them up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the size - if big enough to hold discs I see no reason why they wouldn't explore the possibility/potential and do these on a regular basis.