Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: August 22, 2019
Purchase link: In store only
Price: $14.99
SKU: 203605
Note: On sale next week at 500 Gamestop locations! You'll want to look for this near the register in store.

ENTER OUR GROUP BUY LOTTERY HERE - STRICT 1 CHANCE PER MEMBER AND I WILL BE KEEPING A LIST OF NAMES OF THOSE THAT ALREADY SOURCED A COPY FROM A MEMBER ON THIS FORUM.

GameStop JW 1&2 Digital Movie SteelBook.png

Metal Card Game Stop.png

Last edited:
No, as in the UK it would be difficult for me but if released in the UK at a similar price I'd have no excuse to not pick them up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the size - if big enough to hold discs I see no reason why they wouldn't explore the possibility/potential and do these on a regular basis.
It's not big enough to hold discs. Maybe a GameCube disc, but thats it

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Saw this thread a couple days ago. Walked by a GameStop (Union Square, NYC) figuring it’d be a long shot since people didn’t seem to have any luck calling various stores here.

Had about 10 hanging on the wall behind the cashiers. Told me they just got them in today. Picked up 2.

Figure I’d register just to post the news.

Post pics when I get home.

Thanks for posting! And welcome to HDN. Looking forward to those in person photos.

:thumbs:

Confirming what @Bang4dabuc posted earlier- each Gamestop location receiving these Steelbooks (if you’re lucky enough to be near a Gamestop receiving them) shall only be receiving 2 copies MAXIMUM.

Seems like he said there were 10 at his Gamestop.

Below are some pics. Already own the movies digitally on UHD so probably not gonna open the case yet.

I'm assuming the number on the receipt (203605) is the SKU. UPC is 031398307365.

Of the 2 copies I bought, one felt a little heavier, so I thought I might have scored a variant, but when I got home, I weighed them both on my postage scale and both were 2.8 oz.

Happy hunting!

IMG_0814.jpeg

IMG_0815.jpeg

IMG_0816.jpeg

IMG_0817.jpeg

Below are some pics. Already own the movies digitally on UHD so probably not gonna open the case yet.

I'm assuming the number on the receipt (203605) is the SKU. UPC is 031398307365.

Of the 2 copies I bought, one felt a little heavier, so I thought I might have scored a variant, but when I got home, I weighed them both on my postage scale and both were 2.8 oz.

Happy hunting!

View attachment 443766

View attachment 443767

View attachment 443768

View attachment 443769
Thanks for the info and pics! Great find, hopefully we don't need you to go back and buy the rest lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Bang4dabuc
Thanks for the info and pics! Great find, hopefully we don't need you to go back and buy the rest lol

NP.

As much as I'd love to grab them all and send to other members, I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and won't be back until after labor day. If I hadn't gotten it today, I probably wouldn't have gotten it at all. Best of luck to everyone.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Just called my local store and they don’t see one within 150 miles of me. Is it possible this was released only in the big cities?

I just called a local store and they said the only store that has them is 40 miles away from me but they have 8 in stock there. Tomorrow is not a good day to sneak out of work but just maybe. The store I am speaking of is in Lowell MA in case anyone is interested. Not even Boston got them, go figure.

I just have to say this again, a massive thanks to all of you who are trying to obtain as many copies as possible. I never thought a steel who be so popular and such high demand!