Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: August 22, 2019
Purchase link: In store only
Price: $14.99
SKU: 203605
Note: On sale next week at 500 Gamestop locations! You'll want to look for this near the register in store.

ENTER OUR GROUP BUY LOTTERY HERE - STRICT 1 CHANCE PER MEMBER AND I WILL BE KEEPING A LIST OF NAMES OF THOSE THAT ALREADY SOURCED A COPY FROM A MEMBER ON THIS FORUM.

GameStop JW 1&2 Digital Movie SteelBook.png

Metal Card Game Stop.png

Last edited:
Now I don't have any insider knowledge of this but this is my thought.

I don't believe Gamestop will release more of this/order another print run. Being as this is a test run, I fully believe it is a test run to sell digital codes as a physical product to get people in stores. We all know digital everything is the future, with physical media going down. This is them testing the market to see how viable it is to sell a physical digital product.

If this sells well, we can probably see more movies released in this format.

Having worked in Gamestop before, most managers know nothing beyond what each district manager tells them and what they get told.

• Informative
Reactions: Funashi and dfoles
Trying to get it sold. Would like to know from this community how much you all think it is worth?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190907-162128_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190907-162128_OfferUp.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 246
Trying to get it sold. Would like to know from this community how much you all think it is worth?

Seeing this metal card is very likely the same as the one offered in the Amazon UK exclusive, I would put its value no more than the cost of this mini-SteelBook. Keep in mind the Amazon UK exclusive will also include the metal gold coin, SteelBook, slipcover and 4K UHD region free Blu-ray disc.

Seeing this metal card is very likely the same as the one offered in the Amazon UK exclusive, I would put its value no more than the cost of this mini-SteelBook. Keep in mind the Amazon UK exclusive will also include the metal gold coin, SteelBook, slipcover and 4K UHD region free Blu-ray disc.
Am I correct in saying that there were only 10 of these exact ones made and the Amazon UK exclusive is abundant?

Am I correct in saying that there were only 10 of these exact ones made and the Amazon UK exclusive is abundant?
That’s what I’m wondering, is if the Amazon one will be different than this one.

I am speculating here that they had a single batch made and made them available worldwide. The 10 GameStop metal cards would be unique and worth more if there is any indication on the card that it is exclusive to the GameStop edition.

I am speculating here that they had a single batch made and made them available worldwide. The 10 GameStop metal cards would be unique and worth more if there is any indication on the card that it is exclusive to the GameStop edition.
Maybe. I think it’s the same metal card as the Best Buy one though. So then there are 20 if that’s the case.

Reactions: ash333
The steelbook is opened so now it's worthless to somebody else. That means there are now at most only 8 sealed mini steelbooks with the gold card.

Value of the sealed mini steelbooks with the gold card are going up! Those with the sealed mini steelbooks containing gold cards should thank those that are confirming they have opened theirs. :LOL:

The steelbook is opened so now it's worthless to somebody else. That means there are now at most only 8 sealed mini steelbooks with the gold card.

Value of the sealed mini steelbooks with the gold card are going up! Those with the sealed mini steelbooks containing gold cards should thank those that are confirming they have opened theirs. :LOL:
I would open the **** out of one if I found it. That video from Reddit showing off all the intricacies. It’s beautiful. I hope the Amazon UK metal card is the same thing.

Reactions: MXLV and Stygian

I prefer an opened steelbook since I can confirm it is actually the metal card inside. I know the weight can tell The difference but what if it’s not?

Maybe it diminishes the value since it is not sealed anymore but it is the only sure way to tell it has the metal card inside.

That opinion of yours is funny, right? I prefer an opened steelbook since I can confirm it is actually the metal card inside. I know the weight can tell The difference but what if it’s not?

Maybe it diminishes the value since it is not sealed anymore but it is the only sure way to tell it has the metal card inside.

Did you see the :LOL: in my post?

Reactions: kryptonite
Are the digital codes somehow region locked or can anybody redeem them?
Got an answer from Lionsgate:

"The offers are valid in the U.S.

If you're located outside the U.S., then you will not be able to play them back."

So I'll give mine away to an american ninja. ;)