John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

tha_lunatic

C.R.E.A.M
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: March 18, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon JP 1 Disc Version - 2 Disc Version - 4K+BD+Bonus
Price: ¥ 6,380 (1 BD) - ¥ 8,470 (2 BDs) - ¥ 9,680 (4K+BD+Bonus)

81MtrpLpqzL._SX679_.jpg 81-IrzCWwYL._SX679_.jpg 81L4g1Ig8wL._SX679_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to graphics art school and its just something we weren't taught. I'm just curious since I need to be corrected. I don't mind the criticism. It doesn't bother me.
I actually praise Novamedia for not including a backwards name on their lenti.They knew better...

It is NOT a title but the name of the hotel, CONTINENTAL. It’s a titleless front art:rolleyes: So There’s no problem for it to be reversed since Mr. Wick is outside the front door looking inside:watch:;)
As pointed out. I'm just wasting my time here and will only respond once to this. There are millions of hotels around the world with the same scenario.(wording on a clear glass) Since people have better sense. NOBODY will use that as a cover. I have several art work that I've personally done. I would never hang a piece of art with a backwards name.
P.S.
Everyone knows its thru the door. This is the case everywhere but nobody does it because they have better sense.

I've been to graphics art school and its just something we weren't taught. I'm just curious since I need to be corrected. I don't mind the criticism. It doesn't bother me.
I actually praise Novamedia for not including a backwards name on their lenti.They knew better...
Well they definitely didn’t teach you everything at that school.
It’s art.....there isn’t a right or wrong ;) You either like it or not.....

As you can see there is NONE!
"Doctor Sleeps" is the MAIN "word"
Murder is secondary and is historical from the movie "The Shining"
Geez I thought someone would actually post a cover that did. Oh well, nice try though...
P.S.
Murder could not be left alone by itself in the cover because it would confuse some buyers not familiar with the history of the Shining.
It is the same. An artwork with a reversed word in the image. That's what you asked to see. The only difference is that one is a titleless steelbook and the other isnt.

So with that you clearly saying what's actually bothering you is not the reversed word (in both cases not the title) it is the lacking title.

Of course there are guidelines for making e.g. hotel advertisements like this so people can read the name properly. But this is not an ad, it is an artwork and you would change the whole meaning of it, turing the continental logo around. The rule was obviously broken on purpose. John Wick is outside the hotel in the rain, which obviously has a deeper meaning than only looking cool. It's a metaphor in the context of the movie. If we could read the logo properly, it would mean he is inside (since hotels print them so people one the outside can read them) and would break the metaphor.

Rules are good but it's more important to know when you need to break them. They should have told you that too ;)

Everybody knows "Redrum" from The Shining, but nobody knows the Backwards Title of the Hotel. That makes a difference I think. But another thing: Putting a close-up of John Wicks head on the front and the backcover is a No-Go and that thing with the Hotel name gives it the rest. I`ve seen the rain drop slip of Nova Media and it looks much more better than this one.

Reactions: urbeenjammin
Everybody knows "Redrum" from The Shining, but nobody knows the Backwards Title of the Hotel. That makes a difference I think. But another thing: Putting a close-up of John Wicks head on the front and the backcover is a No-Go and that thing with the Hotel name gives it the rest. I`ve seen the rain drop slip of Nova Media and it looks much more better than this one.
Thank you for speaking out. A lot of times if you're in the minority, people get scared or apprehensive in going against the grain. You should actually embrace it especially if you completely believe in what you are speaking or making a point about.

Thank you for speaking out. A lot of times if you're in the minority, people get scared or apprehensive in going against the grain. You should actually embrace it especially if you completely believe in what you are speaking or making a point about.
Exactly! You should also embrace the fact this steelbook is different and going against the grain ;)
The creators of this art believe in this!

1577961204022.gif

I haven’t even seen the third movie to know the artwork used here is a visual metaphor for the ending of Chapter 2 and just like @jonnybobbytimmy said reversing it would break that metaphor and ruining the context of it. I actually commend this style of artistic approach as it’s figuratively thinking out of the box and literally raises the question what lies ahead outside the Continental Hotel for John Wick. Found the Motion Poster where this unique but awesome ‘n’ genius artwork comes from, link below.