John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #25) [Korea]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: November 15, 2019
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - Quarter Slip (Pre-order October 18, 10 PM Korea time) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $124.99 (Box Set) - $37.99 (Full Slip A or Full Slip B or Lenticular) - $36.99 (Quarter Slip)
Group buys: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - Quarter Slip
Notes: One click Box Set: $ 124.99 (As same numbered) (500 set) (Includes Full Slip A + Full Slip B + Lenticular O-Ring slip) - Box Set Gift: 48p PHOTO Book, Original Poster - Full Slip A: 800 copies - Full Slip B: 500 copies - Lenticular: 800 copies - Quarter Slip: 400 copies + Extra copies

71316826_1945776548859441_2986148838009470976_o.jpg71289731_1945776672192762_8561156305367072768_o.jpg72051210_1945776652192764_3331848006885441536_o.jpg71348719_1945776565526106_7018580657404116992_o.jpg71528133_1945776538859442_6106026632445689856_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, absolutely no need for 4K disc in Nova rls, that one is mainly for the steelbook, slip, extras, and for completion´s sake....there will be more than enough 4K discs in other editions as @Flloydo already mentioned....

Personally I wasn't planning on getting any other releases though. These days I dont tend to buy non premium steelbooks so while not totally unexpected I was hoping Nova would be including the 4K disc in this release :(

Just another example of how they're falling behind the pack now (imo)

Personally I wasn't planning on getting any other releases though. These days I dont tend to buy non premium steelbooks so while not totally unexpected I was hoping Nova would be including the 4K disc in this release :(

Just another example of how they're falling behind the pack now (imo)

I do agree they are falling behind but imo not because of discs.

Obviously not everyone on here is going to go for multiple editons but all I do see on here is everyone fanboying over John wick making it look like they will all go for multiple editons.

But yeah feel ya, is sh!t if your just planning on the one editon and it don’t have the full package you expect

I'm doing the same as @tommyh84 , just need a Nova, that's it, so it's not cool that they're not including at least one edition with a 4k disc. Or as an option.
Very uncool of them to do that now that they've "started" to sell 4k. More uncool that they claim the 4k disc won't be available for months yet lol Like they're releasing this tomorrow...

At least it keeps the price down. That’s good enough for me

Considering a lot will go for one of these collectors sets that zavvi and amazon are releasing and they both include 4K

Not to mention all the other John wick 3 releases
Exactly, absolutely no need for 4K disc in Nova rls, that one is mainly for the steelbook, slip, extras, and for completion´s sake....there will be more than enough 4K discs in other editions as @Flloydo already mentioned....
hlUkLVX.gif

I was not going to pick up the UHD Disk as I assumed it would be included in the Nova Exclusive, but it is not.
So I will pre-Order the Amaray 4K UHD as well.

here is the response from nova;
At least it keeps the price down. That’s good enough for me

Considering a lot will go for one of these collectors sets that zavvi and amazon are releasing and they both include 4K

Not to mention all the other John wick 3 releases
Personally welcome this news but still feel for those not wishing to double dip and forced to choose(i don’t miss the days of buying multiple copies to get specific steelbook set of discs...Beauty and the Beast OG American steel rings a bell: bought 3 copies to end up with the bonus disc, DVD and 3D discs for the steel

The only one I care about is this one, 4K or not to continue (since JW4 was announce right after JW3 was released) my Nova Media set.. I just cancelled my Best Buy Canada order

this does annoy me as I now have to spend extra on amray edition which is a waste as nova should have added 4k disc!
They should give the option to purchase the extra disc sure, but as they never did the prior movies in 4K, it was unlikely they would risk bumping the price up on these movies that have a tried and tested method of what sells.

It keeps the cost down so I welcome the last of 4K.

They should have the 2 disc slot style steels for those wanting to add the extra formats. I do believe that should be the way forward, with option to pay more for the extra discs for those wanting - a sort of pic ‘n mix steelbook

Reactions: Mike Haley
Previous 2 films were released by them before the 4k discs were available so that's a moot point. Nobody would expect them to sell them for $36.99 with a 4k disc in there.

Right... I'll remember that one for when you complain about no 3D disc for other releases :p

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo and Actarus
They should give the option to purchase the extra disc sure, but as they never did the prior movies in 4K, it was unlikely they would risk bumping the price up on these movies that have a tried and tested method of what sells.

They should have the 2 disc slot style steels for those wanting to add the extra formats. I do believe that should be the way forward, with option to pay more for the extra discs for those wanting - a sort of pic ‘n mix steelbook

Yeah there should be options for those collecting UHDs

• Thanks
Reactions: yeslek
this does annoy me as I now have to spend extra on amray edition which is a waste as nova should have added 4k disc!
Surely 4K will come down in price in the near future being the obsolete format it now is.

The studios sure do know how to golden rain over adopters of whatever format. Me, I fell for 3D. Other’s 4K. Heck I know some collectors who haven’t moved past DVD. It’s all business, and we’re just the peasants at the end of it.

Surely 4K will come down in price in the near future being the obsolete format it now is.

The studios sure do know how to golden rain over adopters of whatever format. Me, I fell for 3D. Other’s 4K. Heck I know some collectors who haven’t moved past DVD. It’s all business, and we’re just the peasants at the end of it.

Its not a fad like 3D.
Most well done HDR discs look amazing.

Never said it was a fad. Just saying that like every other format before it, it will be superceeded.

The only reason it might die is if streaming takes everything over.
But that is a death to all home media not just 4k.
3D was different as 1) Not all movies are filmed in 3d and 2) It required glasses which many people did not like.
However all modern movies can easily be released on UHD. Its just studios not wanting to pay extra but that hopefully should change once costs for making the discs fall.

Only thing on the horizon for movies is glasses free 3D and HFR.
HFR again wont be on every movie and not for everyone's tastes so will die like 3d.
Glasses Free 3D..this is yet to be seen or any info to be released. However again not all movies will be made in it.
So I dont see any new tech better then UHD.
Maybe 8k but seeing how slow 4k is I doubt any movies will be out in 8k for long time.

Its not a fad like 3D.
Most well done HDR discs look amazing.
4K is another new format fad in the same way 3D was and to a lesser extent blu-Ray and DVD before it.
They are all fads and fade away when’s the next new thing comes along, but it seem that with so many ‘new’ fads appearing o close behind the next, less and less people are biting as they know the fad time limit for each consecutive fad shrinks

I don’t think progression in viewing quality can be described as a “fad” can it?

From VHS to dvd, to blu-ray, 3D/4K.... it’s all just technological advancements, not fashions.

However people enjoy their different viewing experiences is purely subjective.
They are fads by definition.
Due to choice and speed of advancements in tech, they have become fads - we’ve had 5 formats in 20 years!! (Going from DVD end of the 90’s, through Blu-Ray, 3D, 4K and digital..which rumblings of 8k, the 6th, already occurring.)
The latest iPhone is a fad until the next...same thing.

Fads aren’t a fashion thing, it’s a “...widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived.”
We just see the ‘wide’ aspect shrinking with each consecutive format.
There are less people bothered about Blu-ray over dvd, less again for 3D etc

I’d be inclined to argue VHS wasn’t a fad due to it’s 20 ish year life cycle. DVD’s are grey area, IMO, as they aren’t dead but aren’t relevant or the latest/best etc

If it's of any help, Amazon has a listing of all three films in a 4k box - with only the 4k discs in it. A good way to furnish all the Nova Steels with the superior discs if the listing is accurate.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DMD4k