Johnny Depp wins defamation suit against Amber Heard

I honestly hope that Depp keeps his promise and will not be working with Disney again. This company has fired him immediately without hesitation just because someone said something, no proof whatsoever, and now we know that the alligations were indeed wrong, same thing with Warner Bros.
In the case that he chooses to not make these companies any more money this trial could be the beginning of some positive change in the whole cancel culture b.s. - it probably won't be, but it could be a start.
I would say Warner has more than Depp to worry about. Surprised a certain person hasn't tried to cancel rights to a certain franchise over their treatment of them. Another case of think before you leap..... And 99.9% of the time when the people concerned take them to court over cancel culture they win

I would say Warner has more than Depp to worry about. Surprised a certain person hasn't tried to cancel rights to a certain franchise over their treatment of them. Another case of think before you leap..... And 99.9% of the time when the people concerned take them to court over cancel culture they win
Yeah, I thought that too about Rowling. It is weird because I don't think details of their contractual relationship are known publicly. This is obviously off topic, but the weird thing I always thought about that is that Warner Bros. are even written in the BOOKS as the rights owners of the characters and stories, the freaking books... I have first printings of the british versions and already back then they had that written on the first page. At the same time she is earning a buttload of money (rightfully so) and according to rumors has full creative control over everything Potter, themeparks, spin-offs etc. How much of that is true I don't know. Her involvement in the Cursed Child (which I didn't read or watch and don't intend to) was also odd, it seemed like she was forced to do it or something with her involvment being as little as possible and the story (the one aspect I know about it) making no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, I thought that too about Rowling. It is weird because I don't think details of their contractual relationship are known publicly. This is obviously off topic, but the weird thing I always thought about that is that Warner Bros. are even written in the BOOKS as the rights owners of the characters and stories, the freaking books... I have first printings of the british versions and already back then they had that written on the first page. At the same time she is earning a buttload of money (rightfully so) and according to rumors has full creative control over everything Potter, themeparks, spin-offs etc. How much of that is true I don't know. Her involvement in the Cursed Child (which I didn't read or watch and don't intend to) was also odd, it seemed like she was forced to do it or something with her involvment being as little as possible and the story (the one aspect I know about it) making no sense whatsoever.
I do think this issue is going to become major in the long term. You can't bite the hand that feeds you and expect not to have repercussions. Rowling is a serious sharp cookie. Like Dolly Parton not a person you want to mess with.

She wants to appeal the verdict now, imho if she does and loses again she's going to absolutely destroy her career. If she's smart she should just drop it and then, maybe she land some B-Roll movie or something. At this point she'll be lucky if she's not sued for perjury for all the lies she told all under oath. She ain't too smart if you ask me. :bag:
Will she be allowed to appeal it?

Wouldn't you know it after all that's come to light with this case the rumors that Amber was cut from Aquaman 2 are actually false, Warner has not cut her from the movie. In fact she has been given more screen time, what a tragedy. Here's a video that talks about it, mind you that it does have spoilers to Aquaman 2, so if you don't want to know don't watch the video. :(