Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Joker: Folie à Deux

Genre: Drama, Crime, Thriller

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix

Plot: A sequel to the 2019 film Joker.

JOKER 2 is in the early stages of development over at Warner Brothers, according to We Got This Covered.

Plot details are obviously scarce but RUMOR HAS IT, the film will take place several years later - and while the original focused on his descent into madness - JOKER 2 will focus on his rise as the Clown Prince of Crime, crossing paths with Batman villains such as Two-Face and the Penguin.

and I am already so so ready! Hearing Todd Phillips is coming back, now just gimmie confirmation Phoenix will reprise the role, thats all I need.

Reactions: harry
so they are skipping the middle and more interesting transitional part?

if they are going to head this way(which I think is a bad idea) then at least do a trilogy - we've seen him crack, now lets see him get lost within his cracks, all before finally(if need be) facing off against a bat

so they are skipping the middle and more interesting transitional part?

if they are going to head this way(which I think is a bad idea) then at least do a trilogy - we've seen him crack, now lets see him get lost within his cracks, all before finally(if need be) facing off against a bat
Yeah, I kinda agree... without actually seeing the film yet, I get the impression it's not a story that really needs all those extra big characters, at least not this early on. They made that mistake with Justice League!

JOKER 2 is in the early stages of development over at Warner Brothers, according to We Got This Covered.

Plot details are obviously scarce but RUMOR HAS IT, the film will take place several years later - and while the original focused on his descent into madness - JOKER 2 will focus on his rise as the Clown Prince of Crime, crossing paths with Batman villains such as Two-Face and the Penguin.

:rofl: We got this Covered are back to their old tricks this is just click bait BS, nothing new here as they are the source lol would rather wait for a more reliable source ...

Personally I think this is a bad idea as Joker serves as a great character study film nothing more nothing less. With predications this could hit the 1 billion club it just shows that you don’t need a universe or tie ins with previous films to become successful. DC is thriving from their range they are delivering at the moment with their director driven films remembering we had the genuine heartfelt light horror film that was Shazam! earlier in the year. Joker is the mark of the very first DC Black Label film and due to its success I look forward to more announcements that follow the path Joker has layed out for future titles which doesn’t requires tie ins with the larger DC Universe.

Personally I think this is a bad idea as Joker serves as a great character study film nothing more nothing less. With predications this could hit the 1 billion club it just shows that you don’t need a universe or tie ins with previous films to become successful. DC is thriving from their range they are delivering at the moment with their director driven films remembering we had the genuine heartfelt light horror film that was Shazam! earlier in the year. Joker is the mark of the very first DC Black Label film and due to its success I look forward to more announcements that follow the path Joker has layed out for future titles which doesn’t requires tie ins with the larger DC Universe.

And that's why these days they wont leave really good standalone films as standalone and it's a real shame. Everything these days that does even remotely well has to have a sequel and it sucks (A Quiet Place is another example) :(

One of the best things about Joker was how it stood alone in a world that potentially would never have any super heroes but now this world is going to have other super villains (allegedly)? :facepalm:

I swear if the likes of Gladiator and Inception were released today you could almost guarantee they'd get sequels as well

And that's why these days they wont leave really good standalone films as standalone and it's a real shame. Everything these days that does even remotely well has to have a sequel and it sucks (A Quiet Place is another example) :(

One of the best things about Joker was how it stood alone in a world that potentially would never have any super heroes but now this world is going to have other super villains (allegedly)? :facepalm:

I swear if the likes of Gladiator and Inception were released today you could almost guarantee they'd get sequels as well

Totally agree with you, original and unique standalone films is one of my favourite sub genres if you can call it that as there is no prerequisite expectations looming over the film and this is what makes Joker such a great movie aswell as the reasons you have mentioned.

The reason I believe AQP is getting a sequel is allegedly Paramount are going broke and their really relying on this pre established IPs to fall back on to rebuild along with their new hasbroverse. Inception I don’t believe would see a sequel today as Nolan and other Auteur’s are a great example that are exempt to the rule and allowed to have a more free range from the studios with their visions and direction they want to take.

With predications this could hit the 1 billion club it just shows that you don’t need a universe or tie ins with previous films to become successful.

In this case

1571927058998.gif

What I think would have been cooler .... is they had previous said it was a stand alone film not tying into others. What would have been cooler is throwing that curveball only for at the end of the The Batman to come out .... Joker walks in and its Phoenix. Do the unexpected .... I liken it to the same type of pop if like all of a sudden in an MCU movie wolverine comes around the corner and its Hugh Jackman ..... IT would just be very cool moment to experience if they could keep it secret until opening day.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
As long as they don’t put him and batman together. This joker Won’t suit going up against bats.
The joker film works more a development transition into the character and should really stay as that. I wouldn’t want a sequel to taxi driver which this film really reminds me of

However, if this was true and he was to cross paths with a two face and/ penguin, it might work if they were to be very different versions to what we are used to.

Reactions: Noodles
As long as they don’t put him and batman together. This joker Won’t suit going up against bats.
The joker film works more a development transition into the character and should really stay as that. I wouldn’t want a sequel to taxi driver which this film really reminds me of

However, if this was true and he was to cross paths with a two face and/ penguin, it might work if they were to be very different versions to what we are used to.
I agree in part, but I think he could suit up well against him if he went to a whole other level of bat sh!t crazy and was stronger because of it etc. like kinda where it appeared he was leading to at the end of this one. But yeah from what we saw, it doesnt suit up well against it ... but I'm sure he could turn up the viciousness if need be.

Reactions: Flloydo
I agree in part, but I think he could suit up well against him if he went to a whole other level of bat sh!t crazy and was stronger because of it etc. like kinda where it appeared he was leading to at the end of this one. But yeah from what we saw, it doesnt suit up well against it ... but I'm sure he could turn up the viciousness if need be.

Yeah I agree with that.

Was talking to my mate about it all the other week because he would like to see him go up against him but my point was (and like you say about him in this film with him. It being strong enough for that) that he’s not a fighter. He’s the type of guy to get jumped, get a beating but then rapidly get up and stab one of the guys in the throat whilst laughing and the others run off. Can’t vision him fighting batman, I don’t know where they would go with it.

I also have a theory about a part of the ending which kinda goes into, would he have a army of clowns like how ledger joker has mob guys in the dark knight doing stuff with and for him.

I think the ambulance at the end was actually driven by normal paramedics and it was his delusion carrying on with him seeing it as the public as clowns, who would later become his kind of henchmen but in this joker world he don’t have henchmen. It’s all in his mind. We are still witnessing the demise of Gotham at the end of this film but not to the extent we are witnessing through his eyes. Regardless of if they were clowns or paramedics he still ends up in Arkham as we see (that’s if he wasn’t there all along) but yeah I think the logical route in my opinion was that they were not clowns and it’s all him still. So if it was years later I can still see him as a lone wolf with maybe 3 or 4 guys. Nothing to crazy because I think it don’t suit this version of the joker. He’s just the skinny guy that will take a beating but then murder you in the most vicious way possible.
which is why I think it might work with the Penguin/ two face etc if they were similar delusional characters that he’s maybe met in Arkham after a few years. dunno

regardless, I thought this film was perfection and I’m intrigued to see where it would go if it does go anywhere

Reactions: Wreck
I copy this here too,

I haven't seen Joker yet. But I think I have a good hunch what it's like. So a sequel frightens me a bit. Why ruin good thing, can they make better, of is it doomed to fail. Pls, not just for the money - but because there is story to tell !

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database