Joker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (U’Mania Selective No. 6) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: January 8, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip BD - Full Slip 4K + BD - Lenticular 4K + BD (Pre-order on December 11 at 2 PM - Korea time). Find your local timings HERE
Price: $150 (One Click) - $37.99 (Full Slip BD) - $51.99 (Full Slip 4K + BD) - $51.99 (Lenticular 4K + BD)

EC9B90ED81B4EBA6AD-ECA084ECB2B4-ED8CA9EC83B7.jpgECA1B0ECBBA4-4K-EBA08CED8BB0ED8198EB9FAC-ECA084ECB2B4-ED8CA9EC83B7 (1).pngECA1B0ECBBA4-4K-ED9280EC8AACEBA6BD-ECA084ECB2B4-ED8CA9EC83B7.pngECA1B0ECBBA4-BD-ED9280EC8AACEBA6BD-ECA084ECB2B4-ED8CA9EC83B7.jpg

Last edited:
In the UK Items over £15.00 are subject to import fees but items marked as gifts up to £36.00 aren't....
Ok, so I've collected my package (which is partially crushed). It is definitely marked as a gift and with a value of $20. Some over zealous postal worker maybe didn't realise the difference between merchandise and gift, so I'm gonna fight this.

Now to open the box and see if my full-slip has been crushed too...

Edit - Nope, my full sip looks perfect. Had some regrets when I saw how nice the lenticular looked, but I'm happy I went with this edition.. I've got the UK steelbooks preordered so MAY swap that out depending on how good those look.

Last edited:
Reactions: leelee17
Ok, so I've collected my package (which is partially crushed). It is definitely marked as a gift and with a value of $20. Some over zealous postal worker maybe didn't realise the difference between merchandise and gift, so I'm gonna fight this.

Edit - Nope, my full sip looks perfect. Had some regrets when I saw how nice the lenticular looked, but I'm happy I went with this edition.. I've got the UK steelbooks preordered so MAY swap that out depending on how good those look.
I would definitely dispute the customs duty charge as that is obviously wrong.
Idiots....

Reactions: Zagreus
I would definitely dispute the customs duty charge as that is obviously wrong.
Idiots....
Think the only issue might be that I have to supply evidence that this was a gift (a letter from U'mania). Dont know how to get around that, and you can just imagine them refusing my appeal without it.

Marking it as a gift at $20 is too much for the UK, the limit for marking it as gift is £39 but unfortunately that is only for private individual to private individual, UMania is a company not a private individual, so the limit is £15.
They have to be marked lower than $20 preferably merchandise.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Marking it as a gift at $20 is too much for the UK, the limit for marking it as gift is £39 but unfortunately that is only for private individual to private individual, UMania is a company not a private individual, so the limit is £15.
Re checked the customs declaration on my copy and it was actually marked as 19 dollars, not 20.
Don't know how you could get round the issue of it being from a company and not an individual unfortunatelyregarding proof.
Asking sellers and companies who do mark items as gifts with a low value to mark purchases at lower than 19 dollars or lower should help...

I don't think that's right though. It doesn't matter who the sender is, whether a company or an individual, anyone can send a gift. This could easily have been a gift sent because the company messed up a prior order or a promotional item or something. HMRC don't have the right to assume a person is lying on their declaration just because they are a company. Maybe some customs officers might chance their luck and do it the way you say, but there's no way that is within their remit.
(I get where you're coming from with this, as the Royal Mail guide says "gift from one individual to another" and "everything else" but my thinking it that "gift" is the key word here and "individual" is open to interpretation)

Last edited:
You guys must be joking. I paid hundreds If not thousands of customs fees over the last years and all those packets were marked as 20$.
And you want your 11£ back? :rofl:
Better show them your original invoice then, maybe you have to pay more fees. ;)
I know it sucks but the customs office has the right to doubt the marked value and ask for an invoice.
That's the risk of importing.

THIS

Customs probably know its come from a retailer. Especially if there's a Umania logo or sticker or something on the box.

You should always go for the merchandise option with a low value. Doesn't attract as much attention.....

AND THIS

Always safer with it being marked as merchandise with a value around 16$

Re checked the customs declaration on my copy and it was actually marked as 19 dollars, not 20.
Don't know how you could get round the issue of it being from a company and not an individual unfortunatelyregarding proof.
Asking sellers and companies who do mark items as gifts with a low value to mark purchases at lower than 19 dollars or lower should help...
You do realise if you question customs on vat they charged you they very likely will look for copy of the U-Mania invoice or copy of PayPal invoice
Members will end up paying more Vat as price then will calculated on what you paid U-Mania

Marking Value low on parcels is illegal but we gain from when it happens as long as it not caught by customs.
Customs have the right to ignore or question prices marked on CN Labels and request copy of paypal or credit card receipt showing price you paid a retailer.
If you get requested to provide copy of PapPal receipt from customs don't try sending wrong paypal invoice as you could end up in trouble with customs.

All this changes from January 2021 as all retailers based outside EU will be charging Vat on goods at checkout when you place an order if goods are been shipped to a EU country
Also from January 2021 there will no longer be any £15/€22 threshold to avoid paying vat as it's been done away with
Vat will be charged no matter what the price of goods are.

You do realise if you question customs on vat they charged you they very likely will look for copy of the U-Mania invoice or copy of PayPal invoice
Members will end up paying more Vat as price then will calculated on what you paid U-Mania

Marking Value low on parcels is illegal but we gain from when it happens as long as it not caught by customs.
Customs have the right to ignore or question prices marked on CN Labels and request copy of paypal or credit card receipt showing price you paid a retailer.
If you get requested to provide copy of PapPal receipt from customs don't try sending wrong paypal invoice as you could end up in trouble with customs.
If I had been charged customs fees, and I was aware of the possibility that I might have to, I personally would have just paid it, however I was one of the lucky ones. I think anyone would have a hard time questioning fees also if the name of the company is on the packaging, making it obvious it hasn't been sent by a person as opposed to a company.For me, personally, just paying the fee is preferable to trying to provide paperwork, also, attempting to provide false paperwork isn't an option I would even consider, so I don't know where that came from....

All this changes from January 2021 as all retailers based outside EU will be charging Vat on goods at checkout when you place an order if goods are been shipped to a EU country
Also from January 2021 there will no longer be any £15/€22 threshold to avoid paying vat as it's been done away with
Vat will be charged no matter what the price of goods are.
O Paul the oracle
Please tell us what then will happen for private individuals shipping to private individuals????

O Paul the oracle
Please tell us what then will happen for private individuals shipping to private individuals????
Private sellers
Same will apply from January 2021 all goods vat €22 exemption thresholds no longer applies.
Vat will be have to be paid on imports from Non EU countries where been shipped to a EU country regardless of price involved

Same will apply from January 2021 all goods vat €22 exemption thresholds no longer applies.
Vat will be have to be paid on imports from Non EU countries where been shipped to a EU country
How?
Let's say my sister from US sends me some old hand-me-down clothes for my kids as gifts.
How is VAT going to be determined for 2nd hand goods????