Joker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 29) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 22 June, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti BD - Single Lenti 4K + BD - Full Slip 4K + BD (Pre-order April 17 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $165.97 (One Click) - $47.99 (Double Lenti) - $52.99 (Single Lenti - Full Slip)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note:
Premiums: Booklet (Full Size), Postcards (4ea), Character Cards (5ea), Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker + Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.
One Click: 500 Units, Numbered 1-500 - WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title". Box: Embossing + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte. Includes all editions (Full Slip, Lenticular Full Slip, Double Lenticular Full Slip)
Double Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular x 2, Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Single Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular (Morphing Style), Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Full Slip: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating.

joker_overall_box_2000x.jpg joker_overall_dls_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_fs_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_ls_PS_2000x.jpg
93423844_118114173184646_3796519036875964416_n.png
SB-Front_b3c4f2fd-6ba7-4347-bdb5-540f2be882ef_2000x.jpgSB-Back_6c538612-1e9d-484c-80dc-a5a72649a8fc_2000x.jpg
JOKER_SB_V1_0623_1500-1.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited:
I do like this but I can't help but think embossing the hair was the wrong thing to do. I get it, embossing something these days is the "cool" thing to do on slips, but is it the right thing to do all the time?
Title... sure. The rear... sure. I just can't help but think the hair is a bit off with how it's been embossed. Looks a bit patchy. Maybe it's because it's dark? I'm not sure but there are bits of the hair that are embossed on their own and are separated from the rest.

Either way, I do like it overall and the steelbook looks great.
I agree... they've only embossed the hightlighted areas of the hair. They should've cut around the edge (where they believe it to be since it's so dark you can't actually make it out) and then embossed the lot. Like you said... just looks patchy and weird as it is - same goes for the back of the SL with the spot gloss.

I agree... they've only embossed the hightlighted areas of the hair. They should've cut around the edge (where they believe it to be since it's so dark you can't actually make it out) and then embossed the lot. Like you said... just looks patchy and weird as it is - same goes for the back of the SL with the spot gloss.

look at my post after that one. I clearly explain why the hair is like that. The whole of the joker is technically embossed (raised). You can see on the shoulder. The hair is just the edge of the embossing because he takes up the whole left side. The other parts of the hair that are embossed are the parts of hair that stick out closer to his face. Makes sense and pretty simple really

look at my post after that one. I clearly explain why the hair is like that. The whole of the joker is technically embossed (raised). You can see on the shoulder. The hair is just the edge of the embossing because he takes up the whole left side. The other parts of the hair that are embossed are the parts of hair that stick out closer to his face. Makes sense and pretty simple really
I already saw it. My point is they should've embossed it all to the same level. Looks daft as it is IMO and just makes it look like he has massive holes all throughout his hair.

Guess it kinda fits in with current times though and the state of everyone's self-isolation hairdos lol.

I already saw it. My point is they should've embossed it all to the same level. Looks daft as it is IMO and just makes it look like he has massive holes all throughout his hair.

Guess it kinda fits in with current times though and the state of everyone's self-isolation hairdos lol.

wouldn’t it just look weird if they embossed his nose and facial features?

I've pretty much had Joaquins joker isolation hairdo for 16 years!

wouldn’t it just look weird if they embossed his nose and facial features?

I've pretty much had Joaquins joker isolation hairdo for 16 years!
Huh? You've confused me lol. Where did I say that? Just emboss his whole head+hair... simple!

Reactions: St4rlord
I feel like I’m going round in circles. His whole head is embossed. But where the close up of him takes up half of the slip you can’t see it. Hence where the shoulder and hair ends you can see it. I think it’s weirder if they just embossed the hair flat. That don’t make sense. The strands of hair embossed do make sense. If they kept it flat embossing to the right edge of the final piece of hair it would look very basic and boring plus there are gaps in the hair with his wet look. I don’t know how else I can explain this lol

Tbh I don’t understand why manta didn’t just use that deep line embossing that they sometimes use and Weet love to use. Would of made sense on the full slip. That way why could of used it on the hair strands and the small portion of the jacket and shirt collar

I feel like I’m going round in circles. His whole head is embossed. But where the close up of him takes up half of the slip you can’t see it. Hence where the shoulder and hair ends you can see it. I think it’s weirder if they just embossed the hair flat. That don’t make sense. The strands of hair embossed do make sense. If they kept it flat embossing to the right edge of the final piece of hair it would look very basic and boring plus there are gaps in the hair with his wet look. I don’t know how else I can explain this lol
You're making it sound more difficult than it is, so just forget about it lol.

[Joker Shipping Information] & [Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Shipping]

Dear customers, We are happy to announce that we have received Joker One Click Box and we will begin shipping from tomorrow except for few regions. We will send emails to our customers that will take longer than other shipments. At the moment, shipping is very complicated and slow due to receiving many customized requests such as shipping date, use of certain shipping service. We apologize to our customers for the delay. We are trying our best to process all requests and send them according to our customers' needs. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will ship 1 week later from July 17th due to the delay from Joker Shipment. Thank you for your patience and we will update more in coming days with shippings and pre-order information.

Thank you. Collectong.

One click incoming :thumbs: