Joker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 29) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 22 June, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti BD - Single Lenti 4K + BD - Full Slip 4K + BD (Pre-order April 17 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $165.97 (One Click) - $47.99 (Double Lenti) - $52.99 (Single Lenti - Full Slip)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note:
Premiums: Booklet (Full Size), Postcards (4ea), Character Cards (5ea), Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker + Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.
One Click: 500 Units, Numbered 1-500 - WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title". Box: Embossing + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte. Includes all editions (Full Slip, Lenticular Full Slip, Double Lenticular Full Slip)
Double Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular x 2, Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Single Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular (Morphing Style), Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Full Slip: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating.

joker_overall_box_2000x.jpg joker_overall_dls_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_fs_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_ls_PS_2000x.jpg
93423844_118114173184646_3796519036875964416_n.png
SB-Front_b3c4f2fd-6ba7-4347-bdb5-540f2be882ef_2000x.jpgSB-Back_6c538612-1e9d-484c-80dc-a5a72649a8fc_2000x.jpg
JOKER_SB_V1_0623_1500-1.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited:
Not entirely impressed with the slips (back "art" lets them down, since they're mostly just direct shots from the film). I do actually like the steel though, and I'm guessing/hoping it'll have a premium finish as usual. Fullslip is probably my favourite as far as overall artwork goes.

P.S. Why is the Manta logo different on the lenti mock-up? The cards and booklet etc also have a yellow glow around them, whereas the other two mock-ups don't. Probably doesn't mean anything, but thought I'd ask, just in case.

Not entirely impressed with the slips (back "art" lets them down, since they're mostly just direct shots from the film). I do actually like the steel though, and I'm guessing/hoping it'll have a premium finish as usual. Fullslip is probably my favourite as far as overall artwork goes.

P.S. Why is the Manta logo different on the lenti mock-up? The cards and booklet etc also have a yellow glow around them, whereas the other two mock-ups don't. Probably doesn't mean anything, but thought I'd ask, just in case.

full slip is defo the best of a bad bunch

steel is glossy and debossed title

such a anti climax of beauty shots. And I agree about the BS, they seem a little tacky

full slip is defo the best of a bad bunch

steel is glossy and debossed title

such a anti climax of beauty shots. And I agree about the BS, they seem a little tacky
The fact every single Joker steel release has credits plastered all over them makes me think WB may have not been so relaxed with this one tbh - point being maybe they were strict with the slip arts too. Tbf, Manta also weren't left with much choice when it came to the steel art either, since pretty much every other poster has been used by other retailers.

Reactions: Flloydo
The fact every single Joker steel release has credits plastered all over them makes me think WB may have not been so relaxed with this one tbh - point being maybe they were strict with the slip arts too. Tbf, Manta also weren't left with much choice when it came to the steel art either, since pretty much every other poster has been used by other retailers.

Yeah Warner seems to have put their foot down on arts to use. You can tell

I can’t stop looking at how bad the front of the single lenti looks lol. The idea sounds fine but the image used for him in the joker paint is shocking lol.
And the back of the double lenti is absolutely pointless. I can imagine it will come out like the image on the back fo the shape of water double lenti which was poor too.

Oh well, you win some, you loose some. Shame this is a loose

Seems pretty premature to say that. I don’t think anyone has had a stellar release of this to my tastes.

Not at all. When you have a funny feeling in your tummy it’s got to be said.

Bare in mind these guys are my favourite, so it was hard for me to say it. But I feel it.
Hopefully once upon a time in Hollywood can change my feeling

Reactions: willbar84
Yeah Warner seems to have put their foot down on arts to use. You can tell

I can’t stop looking at how bad the front of the single lenti looks lol. The idea sounds fine but the image used for him in the joker paint is shocking lol.
And the back of the double lenti is absolutely pointless. I can imagine it will come out like the image on the back fo the shape of water double lento which was poor too.

Oh well, you win some, you loose some. Shame this is a loose
There's barely any official collectible merch for the film either... no figures/statues or anything, which is annoying.

Yeah, the single lenti does look pretty horrible if I'm being completely honest. Never been a fan of that poster, because something about it just looks off - the angle of the reflection maybe?

There's been a few Manta releases I've been unsure about at first though, then I get them in hand and fall in love lol. Hoping this will be the same case!

P.S *lose :p

I'll admit I wasn't impressed with this aswell now that I've looked at it over and over again, the best one overall is the fullslip edition. Think I'll go for HDZeta's once they put up their BS because I prefer the art they've used for their steelbook. A shame really as I've been supportive of Manta Lab since they started and had high hopes for this release (n)

There's barely any official collectible merch for the film either... no figures/statues or anything, which is annoying.

Yeah, the single lenti does look pretty horrible if I'm being completely honest. Never been a fan of that poster, because something about it just looks off - the angle of the reflection maybe?

There's been a few Manta releases I've been unsure about at first though, then I get them in hand and fall in love lol. Hoping this will be the same case!

P.S *lose :p

Nah man nothing, was hoping on a iron studios statue at some point

do you mean the front or the back of the single lenti? I’ve never seen the front art before, I thought they mocked that up. Joaquin don’t look right, like he’s been burnt in the face. The back is fine up against the window though

oh same and if I’ve not been happy then they do usually look better in hand but I seriously can’t stand that steelbook art. I just think it’s a odd shot of joker and he don’t look right. Maybe will be better in hand

I'll admit I wasn't impressed with this aswell now that I've looked at it over and over again, the best one overall is the fullslip edition. Think I'll go for HDZeta's once they put up their BS because I prefer the art they've used for their steelbook. A shame really as I've been supportive of Manta Lab since they started and had high hopes for this release (n)

Unfortunately the full slip is the winner here. But the lentis in hand might make the others better

I can’t stress this enough please do not!!!! click on the spoiler tag if you haven’t seen the Joker movie. Something pretty damn awesome that I saw awhile ago on Twitter which deserves a share as it plays out so well :D