Joker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 29) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 22 June, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti BD - Single Lenti 4K + BD - Full Slip 4K + BD (Pre-order April 17 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $165.97 (One Click) - $47.99 (Double Lenti) - $52.99 (Single Lenti - Full Slip)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note:
Premiums: Booklet (Full Size), Postcards (4ea), Character Cards (5ea), Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker + Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.
One Click: 500 Units, Numbered 1-500 - WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title". Box: Embossing + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte. Includes all editions (Full Slip, Lenticular Full Slip, Double Lenticular Full Slip)
Double Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular x 2, Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Single Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular (Morphing Style), Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Full Slip: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating.

joker_overall_box_2000x.jpg joker_overall_dls_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_fs_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_ls_PS_2000x.jpg
93423844_118114173184646_3796519036875964416_n.png
SB-Front_b3c4f2fd-6ba7-4347-bdb5-540f2be882ef_2000x.jpgSB-Back_6c538612-1e9d-484c-80dc-a5a72649a8fc_2000x.jpg
JOKER_SB_V1_0623_1500-1.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited:
I'll admit I wasn't impressed with this aswell now that I've looked at it over and over again, the best one overall is the fullslip edition. Think I'll go for HDZeta's once they put up their BS because I prefer the art they've used for their steelbook. A shame really as I've been supportive of Manta Lab since they started and had high hopes for this release (n)

You may prefer the art for the HDzeta Steelbook but Zeta’s WEA Steelbooks are underwhelming.

Always flat as a pancake with no treatment whatsoever plus the Zeta Gloss is No Match for the Ultra Luxurious Glossy finish on Manta’s Steelbook :drool:

"Please do not" what? Go for the full slip?

He means please do not click on the spoiler tag if you've never seen the movie. Putting exclamation marks after "Please do not" seems to break up the sentence, but what he means is

"I can’t stress this enough please do not click on the spoiler tag if you haven’t seen the Joker movie."

Reactions: willbar84
As many others, I am, too, a bit disappointed.
I don't like the image they're using for the Full Slip that much. The backside looked really weird when I first saw the Beautyshot on my cell, but has grown on me since.
The Single Lenti looks really strange. Even if one face completely disappears ("morphing effect"), it will keep looking weird because the angle's just off.
Probably the DL will have the best effect, but again, I'm not the biggest fan of the front "artwork".
But I do like the steelbook and I want the 4K, so I'll just go with the FS. Manta haven't disappointed with those and I think it will look quite nice in reality.

P.S. Why is the Manta logo different on the lenti mock-up? The cards and booklet etc also have a yellow glow around them, whereas the other two mock-ups don't. Probably doesn't mean anything, but thought I'd ask, just in case.
I noticed the same. Strange. Either an earlier draft that went up accidentally or a message we don't understand. :D

Manta all the way. Not a huge fan of the art HDzeta gonna use. Especially if there's (likely) no 'bossing.

Never been a fan of that poster, because something about it just looks off - the angle of the reflection maybe?
There's definitely something wrong with the angle. Also, the portrait format demanded by the slip doesn't do the picture any good. There should be me room to the left and right.

The back is fine up against the window though
I love the backside of the SL. I wished it was on any of the other two slips.

You may prefer the art for the HDzeta Steelbook but Zeta’s WEA Steelbooks are underwhelming.

Always flat as a pancake with no treatment whatsoever plus the Zeta Gloss is No Match for the Ultra Luxurious Glossy finish on Manta’s Steelbook :drool:

It's been said that HDzeta will aim to include embossing/debossing on their steelbooks, so hopefylly a debossed title for Joker.

He means please do not click on the spoiler tag if you've never seen the movie. Putting exclamation marks after "Please do not" seems to break up the sentence, but what he means is

"I can’t stress this enough please do not click on the spoiler tag if you haven’t seen the Joker movie."

yeah exactly that I got abit carried away with my !!!’s lol just trying to convey the point across and then wrote without the exclamation points in the spoiler tag to be sure to be sure, guess is wasn’t enough though.

Nah man nothing, was hoping on a iron studios statue at some point

do you mean the front or the back of the single lenti? I’ve never seen the front art before, I thought they mocked that up. Joaquin don’t look right, like he’s been burnt in the face. The back is fine up against the window though

oh same and if I’ve not been happy then they do usually look better in hand but I seriously can’t stand that steelbook art. I just think it’s a odd shot of joker and he don’t look right. Maybe will be better in hand
Apparently a spokesperson for WB said they won't be doing any merch, which is why you see a lot of unofficial 1/6 figures and custom Funko Pops. If this was Disney we'd be spoilt for choice lol.

The front. I only previously came across the poster when I was looking up stuff for my steel concept... don't think they actually used it to promote the film much.

Thankfully I've no issue with the steel itself... if I did, then I'd probably pass on this completely.

Will the double lenti will just have depht or will it have a transition effect? The site doesn't mention anything about that.

Hmm as many of you Im not totally impressed as well.

First i saw BS on phone quickly at work, it looked kinda decent, but as Im looking at it now on PC, most of it is very mediocre.

First impressions the box - I was never fan of this artwork much on the WWA steelbook, but it looks pretty suitable for the Oneclick, so to be fair, no harm here, looks pretty good.

Fullslip is definitely the best of the bunch, even though I was really never impressed by this artwork either, it´s one of the better artworks overall, and probably the best in this whole Manta BS lol.....back is not bad....

Front of single lenti is really, really weird and tacky, but lets wait for the effect, but not impressed at all. Back art I like, the sadness captured in this shot is amazing, I like this one even despite it´s just a shot from the film....

And the double lenti is definitely weakest for me. I never liked the front art here, no matter how great the lenti will be, I don´t like it. And backside here? This deserve its own gif

tenor (1).gif

And now the Steelbook, the main event in collecting for me...oh boy....probably one of the weakest artworks for this film, so boring.....the beautiful Manta gloss and debossed title won´t save it Im afraid :blackeye::(:dunno: very disappointing....

Overall, really not impressed, and feels very mediocre...as @Flloydo said, this doesn´t feel like Manta anymore :dunno:

HDZeta must save it now, and I highly believe they do as I never gave up on them and its probably my fav retailer so.....as of now we can only compare the Steelbook and this wins Zeta for me definitely.....

I probably will pick up the Fullslip here, but maybe I try the single lenti as well how it will look in hand.... we will see.....lets just hope the quality of the slips and finishes will be the same as we are used to :ohno::ohno:

My two cents :) :coffee:

Was hoping for a transition effect on the DL. FS then for me I guess.