Joker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 29) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 22 June, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti BD - Single Lenti 4K + BD - Full Slip 4K + BD (Pre-order April 17 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $165.97 (One Click) - $47.99 (Double Lenti) - $52.99 (Single Lenti - Full Slip)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note:
Premiums: Booklet (Full Size), Postcards (4ea), Character Cards (5ea), Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker + Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.
One Click: 500 Units, Numbered 1-500 - WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title". Box: Embossing + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte. Includes all editions (Full Slip, Lenticular Full Slip, Double Lenticular Full Slip)
Double Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular x 2, Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Single Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Super Clear Lenticular (Morphing Style), Embossing, Spot Glossy.
Full Slip: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000 - Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating.

joker_overall_box_2000x.jpg joker_overall_dls_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_fs_PS_2000x.jpg joker_overall_ls_PS_2000x.jpg
93423844_118114173184646_3796519036875964416_n.png
SB-Front_b3c4f2fd-6ba7-4347-bdb5-540f2be882ef_2000x.jpgSB-Back_6c538612-1e9d-484c-80dc-a5a72649a8fc_2000x.jpg
JOKER_SB_V1_0623_1500-1.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited:
View attachment 477853

The alignment is off. With some goodwill I could ignore the offset on "Joker" (or take it as an involuntary 3D effect), but it looks just bad on the names, because it's not only shifted upwards, but also (slightly) to the right. I've noticed the misaligned print on the embossing in several of the previous photos on other Ninjas' copies, too. However it looked like their copies weren't affected as much - but maybe that's just the pictures. Before I write Manta/Collectong, would anybody with an FS mind to check their copy for this issue? Thanks in advance.
My copy looks pretty much exactly the same as yours. Somebody's been sleeping at the QA dept (n):LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I have a weird question for all those received their editions already via DHL.
How many of you did you get charged by customs?

If so, what's the process to pay AFTER you receive your package at door? (I read some people got charged days after receiving their editions)

Thanks in advance to everyone! STAY safe
Regards from Spain

My copy looks pretty much exactly the same as yours. Somebody's been sleeping at the QA dept (n):LOL:
Are you planning on bringing it up to their attention? I mean we're paying a lot for those editions (even though the slips might be the cheapest part in the ensemble), and this is sticking out like a sore thumb. Especially because the slip is so bland otherwise, the eye is immediately drawn to the white letters. The misalignment is clearly visible, which makes it hard to just tolerate. But then again, I don't think a replacement will be much better. It seems to be a common problem with this slip, judging by pictures and videos around the net. It would be a good opportunity to ask them, however, because next week they'll start shipping "Hollywood", which I've also on pre-order. Hmmm.

Reactions: Ranavalone
I finally got my copy on Thursday. @harry

View attachment 477852

The FS looks better than expected, but there's no denying it, Manta did better ones before. For a title like this, it's lackluster work. What immediately caught my eye was the embossing of the title and the actors' names on the front of the slip:

View attachment 477853

The alignment is off. With some goodwill I could ignore the offset on "Joker" (or take it as an involuntary 3D effect), but it looks just bad on the names, because it's not only shifted upwards, but also (slightly) to the right. I've noticed the misaligned print on the embossing in several of the previous photos on other Ninjas' copies, too. However it looked like their copies weren't affected as much - but maybe that's just the pictures. Before I write Manta/Collectong, would anybody with an FS mind to check their copy for this issue? Thanks in advance.
That really looks bad, the FS is getting worse and worse..
My the Revenant manta steelbook has the same problem I noticed last week , the title is misaligned on the debossing slightly (not as bad as on your fullslip, so it looks like manta has had this problem before. I really hope OUATIH looks better.

Are you planning on bringing it up to their attention? I mean we're paying a lot for those editions (even though the slips might be the cheapest part in the ensemble), and this is sticking out like a sore thumb. Especially because the slip is so bland otherwise, the eye is immediately drawn to the white letters. The misalignment is clearly visible, which makes it hard to just tolerate. But then again, I don't think a replacement will be much better. It seems to be a common problem with this slip, judging by pictures and videos around the net. It would be a good opportunity to ask them, however, because next week they'll start shipping "Hollywood", which I've also on pre-order. Hmmm.
That really looks bad, the FS is getting worse and worse..
My the Revenant manta steelbook has the same problem I noticed last week , the title is misaligned on the debossing slightly (not as bad as on your fullslip, so it looks like manta has had this problem before. I really hope OUATIH looks better.

That should give you a lesson :spoil: :LOL: always go with lenti instead, that´s what Manta do par excellence :) I have only one Fullslip from Manta - and that´s Revenenat Leather slip :), I almost never like Manta Fullslips (few exceptions ofc)

I'll see if I can manage to take a picture that brings out the embossed text as well as you've done with your photos. But yes, I will contact them.

I completely agree with you; the text with its botched embossing has now become a "feature" which is hard to ignore.
That should give you a lesson :spoil: :LOL: always go with lenti instead, that´s what Manta do par excellence :) I have only one Fullslip from Manta - and that´s Revenenat Leather slip :), I almost never like Manta Fullslips (few exceptions ofc)
You may be onto something there :). I've got the UHD SL, too, and the lenticular effect is well designed and implemented :thumbs:

I'll see if I can manage to take a picture that brings out the embossed text as well as you've done with your photos. But yes, I will contact them.

I completely agree with you; the text with its botched embossing has now become a "feature" which is hard to ignore.

You may be onto something there :). I've got the UHD SL, too, and the lenticular effect is well designed and implemented :thumbs:

Yep, that SL is real winner here, hands down.

Reactions: Mararagan
From the pics I've seen of the Boxset itself, the FS, and DL I'm a bit underwhelmed. Some were not perfect pictures and the only picture of the SL I've seen is on the previous page where you can't see much.
Hopefully when I get this in Hand I will feel different.

So my tracking shows it landed in Germany on the 12th (Sunday) from Hong Kong. The route seems common going by those who have already received theirs. How long does it usually take from Germany to your destination, i.e to the UK?

Reactions: tommyh84
So my tracking shows it landed in Germany on the 12th (Sunday) from Hong Kong. The route seems common going by those who have already received theirs. How long does it usually take from Germany to your destination, i.e to the UK?

I think mine was sat in Germany 2-3 days and then Hermes delivered it in 2 days. No customs charge. I got an email from Hermes when they'd received it and you could continue to track it.

I should have figured what has happened: B2C Europe has applied the shipping documents on the wrong parcel as I've received a parcel which is not mine and is not Joker. If I check the tracking updates on both the code Collectong gave me and the one on this smaller package, they're exactly the same. So now Joker is somewhere and I have no clue how to get it... I contacted B2C Europe with no luck...
Jeez...

• Wow
Reactions: GeoRattray
I should have figured what has happened: B2C Europe has applied the shipping documents on the wrong parcel as I've received a parcel which is not mine and is not Joker. If I check the tracking updates on both the code Collectong gave me and the one on this smaller package, they're exactly the same. So now Joker is somewhere and I have no clue how to get it... I contacted B2C Europe with no luck...
Jeez...
Damn. I hope you eventually get it man. I've had parcels getting lost too and for me it's even more annoying than just getting scammed.
Is there anything Collectong can do about this? Shouldn't Collectong or the shipping company give you a refund if it's impossible for them to trace it?

I've contacted Collectong explaining what happened. Dunno what they can do tho.
There's still a package with my name on it lying around... Who knows, maybe I'll get it for Christmas...

Damn. I hope you eventually get it man. I've had parcels getting lost too and for me it's even more annoying than just getting scammed.
Is there anything Collectong can do about this? Shouldn't Collectong or the shipping company give you a refund if it's impossible for them to trace it?
Tbh Poste could have screwed it all up while moving the parcel from one hub to another... Who knows? Anyway... WTB Joker single lenti ahahah

Yesterday the tracking updated! My package got delivered... again! But in a smaller town a few km's near to where I live. This is getting a joke... Better laugh about it...

Today I finally got it!!! Woohoo!!!
It had a wrong label. A wrong province. I asked for a different delivery address. Tracking info was applied to someone else's parcel. It got delivered twice, the second being yesterday. But today it came to the first, wrong address. Crazy but I got it :D