Joker and Harley Quinn Movie Planned

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, directors and executive producers of the hit NBC drama This Is Us and who also wrote and helmed the 2011 film Crazy, Stupid, Love, are entering the DC cinematic universe at Warner Bros.

The duo are in final negotiations to pen and helm an untitled movie project centering on Batman villains Joker and Harley Quinn.

Jared Leto and Margot Robbie are due to reprise their roles as the villains, among the most popular characters in the DC pantheon and which they first portrayed in 2016’s Suicide Squad.

Full story: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-stupid-love-filmmakers-write-direct-1032210?

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
So WB are doing a solo batman with affleck but it's nothing to do with the DCEU, a joker origin story without Leto which will be a standalone and I assume nothing to do with DCEU and then a joker & Harley film with both actors returning from the DCEU

Lol what's going on

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles Is this a sequel or prequel to Suicide Squad? I thought Gotham City Sirens is next for these 2 characters :confused:

I just want more Harley! :drool: :naughty:
I wish I had an answer for you bud, but I don't think even Warner Bros know themselves at this point. I honestly get the impression there's no real logical thinking with all these recent DC announcements... damn thing is a mess!

So WB are doing a solo batman with affleck but it's nothing to do with the DCEU, a joker origin story without Leto which will be a standalone and I assume nothing to do with DCEU and then a joker & Harley film with both actors returning from the DCEU

Lol what's going on
Wouldn't surprise me if they're just picking ideas out of a hat.

giphy.gif

Lol what's going on

It really feels like they have no clue what they are doing.
Maybe they announced the Joker Origin movie, heard the fan response, and were like "oh. they want more DCEU Joker? ok. lets do one of those too".

Jared Leto's Joker is this biggest Joke of the DCEU for sure...out of all the characters we have had, I just cant stand his Joker at all...nothing like the Joker I have come to know in the comics, movies etc. I just see him as some annoying gangster with green hair.

Hopefully they flesh out his character and change it to be more like the Joker and less like a generic gangster

Jared Leto's Joker is this biggest Joke of the DCEU for sure...out of all the characters we have had, I just cant stand his Joker at all...nothing like the Joker I have come to know in the comics, movies etc. I just see him as some annoying gangster with green hair.

Hopefully they flesh out his character and change it to be more like the Joker and less like a generic gangster
I completely agree. Although I had no major problems with the way he looked, it was Leto's portrayal of the character that I hated. His version of Joker was so bad that it's even kinda put me off him as an actor. Sad thing is not many people agree with us and actually complained that there wasn't enough Joker in Suicide Squad. :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: Tacozilla
I completely agree. Although I had no major problems with the way he looked, it was Leto's portrayal of the character that I hated. His version of Joker was so bad that it's even kinda put me off him as an actor. Sad thing is not many people agree with us and actually complained that there wasn't enough Joker in Suicide Squad. :wtf:

Oh I had serious problems with that damaged tattoo on his forehead. I wasn't too fussed about the rest, because in some of the comics there was a version of the Joker where he did have tattoos, but for the love of god, DON'T PUT ONE ON HIS FOREHEAD THAT LOOKS LIKE A DRUNKEN MISTAKE FROM A LADS HOLIDAY IN ZANTE! #rantdone

• Thanks
Oh I had serious problems with that damaged tattoo on his forehead. I wasn't too fussed about the rest, because in some of the comics there was a version of the Joker where he did have tattoos, but for the love of god, DON'T PUT ONE ON HIS FOREHEAD THAT LOOKS LIKE A DRUNKEN MISTAKE FROM A LADS HOLIDAY IN ZANTE! #rantdone
Haha! I like that they went for a completely different look, but yeah... that particular tattoo was a little daft I guess.

• Thanks
@Tacozilla @Noodles @TheJoker
I had an idea about this joker that could work... What if (being the insane guy that he is) he changes his style and look every film he is in. All the tattoos and stuff were fake. His outfit and behaviour were all just his "choice of the month" kind of thing. He does it to get a certain reaction from the people he is trying to intimidate or throw off. This gives Leto the freedom to try something new everytime, yet still being the same character.

This satisfies both people who liked the new joker and people who wanted something else.

I really liked him on the first watch but went off him massively on the second