Joker and Harley Quinn Movie Planned

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, directors and executive producers of the hit NBC drama This Is Us and who also wrote and helmed the 2011 film Crazy, Stupid, Love, are entering the DC cinematic universe at Warner Bros.

The duo are in final negotiations to pen and helm an untitled movie project centering on Batman villains Joker and Harley Quinn.

Jared Leto and Margot Robbie are due to reprise their roles as the villains, among the most popular characters in the DC pantheon and which they first portrayed in 2016’s Suicide Squad.

Full story: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-stupid-love-filmmakers-write-direct-1032210?

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
@Tacozilla @Noodles @TheJoker
I had an idea about this joker that could work... What if (being the insane guy that he is) he changes his style and look every film he is in. All the tattoos and stuff were fake. His outfit and behaviour were all just his "choice of the month" kind of thing. He does it to get a certain reaction from the people he is trying to intimidate or throw off. This gives Leto the freedom to try something new everytime, yet still being the same character.

This satisfies both people who liked the new joker and people who wanted something else.
Leto's no Joker IMO, so I'd rather they killed him off and let someone else take over the role, or just move on from the character completely... Harley Quinn deserves a solo film anyway. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
Leto's no Joker IMO, so I'd rather they killed him off and let someone else take over the role, or just move on from the character completely... Harley Quinn deserves a solo film anyway. ;)
Oh, she will get that and loads more.This is gonna be the role that make margot's career.If the whole DCEU failed ,they would rebuild on the bones of Harley Quinn.Set for life .

Reactions: Noodles
Oh, she will get that and loads more.This is gonna be the role that make margot's career.If the whole DCEU failed ,they would rebuild on the bones of Harley Quinn.Set for life .
I hope you're right! I never tire of seeing Margot, especially when she's playing Harley. :hungry:

@Tacozilla @Noodles @TheJoker
I had an idea about this joker that could work... What if (being the insane guy that he is) he changes his style and look every film he is in. All the tattoos and stuff were fake. His outfit and behaviour were all just his "choice of the month" kind of thing. He does it to get a certain reaction from the people he is trying to intimidate or throw off. This gives Leto the freedom to try something new everytime, yet still being the same character.

This satisfies both people who liked the new joker and people who wanted something else.

or they just reboot every film like spiderman works in execs minds as well, which is why i gave on spiderman in the end.

basil :thumbs:

giphy.gif

And wasn't Joaquin Phoenix starring in another "planned" Joker film? I've given up trying to make any sense of this :wacky:

It seems like Harley has moved to the birds of prey film and Leto is getting his own film. How are Warner Bros messing things up so badly. I'm hoping they use San Diego comic con to at least announce when Batman is filming and announce a new Superman film. If they just made solid films of the trinity and built firm foundations then everything else could follow.

It seems like Harley has moved to the birds of prey film and Leto is getting his own film. How are Warner Bros messing things up so badly. I'm hoping they use San Diego comic con to at least announce when Batman is filming and announce a new Superman film. If they just made solid films of the trinity and built firm foundations then everything else could follow.

Indeed, following the debacle that was Justice League Warner had just two films to concentrate on - Man of Steel 2 (to try and save the stupid way Superman was brought back in JL) and Wonder Woman 2 (because she is literally the best thing about the DCEU) but no we get Shazam :facepalm::facepalm: