Release: 2019-12-13

Plot: Sequel of the 2017 film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

• Informative
Reactions: IRON MAN
[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
jumanji-sequel-promo-poster-339x600-jpg.375216
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Source: ComingSoon

Sony Pictures released Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle on December 20, and in the ensuing month, the sequel has earned over $319 million domestically and over $771 million worldwide to become the studio’s highest-grossing non-James Bond/Spider-Man movie. It also managed to take the #1 spot for three weeks so far and give Star Wars: The Last Jedi a run for its money, even outgrossing that behemoth movie in territories like China, Mexico, Russia, and South Korea. In a new interview with The Wall Street Journal, Sony motion pictures chief Tom Rothman has confirmed that he hopes to have Jumanji 3 ready for Christmas 2019, where it will go head-to-head against J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode IX.

“From early on looking at the footage, it was clear this was a Christmas movie families would want to see together,” said Rothman of counter-programming Jumanji against Star Wars. “I thought we could spit in the giant’s eye.”

The Licensing Expo is happening right now in Las Vegas, and that means from first looks at big upcoming films. Specifically: some early marketing in the way of posters, logos, and previously unseen bits of media are going to be popping up over the next few days.

Also from the Expo, the first posters (using that term super loosely) for the previously announced sequel to Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which is due out around Christmas 2019, and the upcoming Men in Black reboot. The Jumani sequel is currently being called Jumanji: The Next Chapter, but we’re almost expecting a title change.
jumanji-sequel-promo-poster-339x600.jpg

i quite like the title 'the next chapter'

plus, after being super skeptical about this recent sequel, and it actually being good, am actually looking forward to this next sequel now

All 4 'Welcome to the Jungle' Stars Set to Return as Teen Gamers
Source: THR
serdarius_blain_alex_wolff_madison_iseman_and_morgan_turner-split-h_2019.jpg

Ser’Darius Blain, Alex Wolff, Madison Iseman, and Morgan Turner, the four teen actors from Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, are returning for Sony’s sequel.

The deals sew up the returns of almost all the major players from the 2017 hit, with Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart and Karen Gillan already on the call sheet. Director Jake Kasdan is back as well. New to the franchise will be Awkwafina, Danny DeVito and Danny Glover.

I'm amazed that The Rock has made so much money for the studios without actually making a decent movie yet.
Sure, somethings (like Jumanji) are passable fluff - but he doesn't have a great movie in his resume yet.
Stallone had Rocky and Rambo. Arnold had Predator and Terminator. Willis had Die Hard.
The Rock has.....nothing yet. (Except the fact that everyone likes him, so the $$ roll in).
Someone needs to put him in a great movie.

I'm amazed that The Rock has made so much money for the studios without actually making a decent movie yet.
Sure, somethings (like Jumanji) are passable fluff - but he doesn't have a great movie in his resume yet.
Stallone had Rocky and Rambo. Arnold had Predator and Terminator. Willis had Die Hard.
The Rock has.....nothing yet. (Except the fact that everyone likes him, so the $$ roll in).
Someone needs to put him in a great movie.

I would call The Rundown a great movie.

I would call The Rundown a great movie.
Meh.
It's o.k. I had no desire to see it again after I saw it the first time. It's competent and not bad. But no great shakes.
What I mean is - when you talk about the action guys - you can instantly name their great movies.
The Rock has just a stream of meh.
Don't get me wrong - I think he is good, and I like him - he just hasn't signed on for any great directors doing great films.
Where is his McTiernan, Cameron or Verhoeven? He seems to be working for middle of the road directors in high concept (and poorly scripted) films. He's doing his RAW DEALs and COMMANDOs, but not TERMINATORS or PREDATORS.
Maybe he's just a bad judge of material. (Hello, BAYWATCH).

@C.C. 95 You are right. The Rock hasn't had a film that has been like that.
But you could also argue that there haven't been many iconic films like the ones you mentioned for this generation that would have worked for him.
Everything these days is a remake, or based off something.
You'd need something like John Wick? I dunno.

Is there a movie that came out the last few years that you thought, "THIS is the kind of film the Rock should be doing!"?

@C.C. 95 You are right. The Rock hasn't had a film that has been like that.
But you could also argue that there haven't been many iconic films like the ones you mentioned for this generation that would have worked for him.
Everything these days is a remake, or based off something.
You'd need something like John Wick? I dunno.

Is there a movie that came out the last few years that you thought, "THIS is the kind of film the Rock should be doing!"?
My secret wish- would be a John McTiernan comeback film with Johnson.
The directors and writers are letting him down. Some of the film could have been great had they gotten better writers.
I think they are letting HIM down. For all intents and purposes - he is just as well loved as Arnold, and certainly a better actor than Arnold. There is no good reason he shouldn't have that mega great iconic action film under his, belt by now.
But, as we all know - this is a film era that is brand-driven, not star-driven like the 80's and 90's. So maybe he is just a man out of time.
But I might just agree with you that Rundown would be his best film.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database