Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: September 18, 2018
Purchase links: Best Buy 4K - BD Target 4K - BD Amazon 4K - BD
Price: TBA

jw collection.jpg

Last edited:
I see no point in 'collection' steelbooks when the series hasn't ended. There are always going to be people who buy it but it's a waste of time for me.
When you have that artwork on top of it even more reason not to buy it.

Thought that with the disappearance of the original Italian 4K steelbook mock-up at Amazon.It (before they switched to the ugly grey FA artwork) it meant that this Illustrated design had gone away for good …
… so interesting to see it back for the 5-film collection … only this time reversed and making more sense w/ the fire colours much more appropriate for the background volcanic eruption on the front.

Also more suitable for a Collection steelbook than for a standalone FALLEN KINGDOM 2 steelbook considering the original teaser posters were not done for the new film but way back in 2014 for JURASSIC WORLD:-
upload_2018-6-22_15-45-25.png
upload_2018-6-22_15-34-1.png
upload_2018-6-22_15-32-54.png
upload_2018-6-22_15-34-57.png

And yet ironically they're not giving me ANY reason to spend money with their horrible Jurassic Park/World efforts.

Bring back those great JP designs from a few years ago!
Definitely agreed some folks will pass on them. But with brick and mortar stores there are plenty of on site buys from consumers with no research or consideration of what came "before" as far as other releases, or whether there will be more movies. Many people who are not "collectors" (most average consumers walking into a store) don't have their eyes on how a present release fits into the grand scheme of things. Many people are in "catch up" mode when a new installment of a film is released in theaters. Some people who love franchises will buy 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6 because it's different in some way. "New" collectors or fans who are Steelbook collectors or franchise fans may not even own or know about previous releases. It's all about who the audience is. In the end the studios will keep releasing them because there are always people out there who love the franchise, didn't see some of the movies, or just want a "different" release. Not everyone is a completionist, and they know that there are different interest levels in consumers so their marketing segments are very varied..

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: DMD4k
I like the artwork, although find it kinda lazy that they've basically just used a variant of the same one for the back. :yawn:

I'm still not 100% sold on any of the announced Fallen Kingdom steels so far... it's not looking very promising. (n)

Definitely agreed some folks will pass on them. But with brick and mortar stores there are plenty of on site buys from consumers with no research or consideration of what came "before" as far as other releases, or whether there will be more movies. Many people who are not "collectors" (most average consumers walking into a store) don't have their eyes on how a present release fits into the grand scheme of things. Many people are in "catch up" mode when a new installment of a film is released in theaters. Some people who love franchises will buy 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6 because it's different in some way. "New" collectors or fans who are Steelbook collectors or franchise fans may not even own or know about previous releases. It's all about who the audience is. In the end the studios will keep releasing them because there are always people out there who love the franchise, didn't see some of the movies, or just want a "different" release. Not everyone is a completionist, and they know that there are different interest levels in consumers so their marketing segments are very varied..

I still believe the casual cnsumers still outnumber the serious collectors out there so this will still sell no matter how many times they release it.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Last edited:
Reactions: frankfish44
Reactions: paulboland