Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.40 star(s) Rating: 3.40/5 5 Votes
Title: Jurassic World: Dominion

Genre: Adventure, Action, Science Fiction

Director: Colin Trevorrow

Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Sam Neil, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, BD Wong, Omar Sy

Release: 2021-06-11

Plot: Second sequel to Jurassic World.

Reactions: Noodles
Just got back and I liked it, I can see why a lot won't but I did

Yes even for a Jurassic Park film it's stupid at times but who cares. The cast is great and my only disappointment is I wanted more Goldblum (or maybe it was actually just enough to leave you wanting more?
Dunno)

7/10 for me, a very different kind of Jurassic Park film (because a lot of it isn't based in a park) but I enjoyed it

A lot of people who’s reviews I generally agree with were really down on this one so I had low expectations going into it. Nevertheless, I saw it opening night and even though it was disjointed at times I did enjoy it. I agree it’s probably in the 6-7/10 range. It’s not gonna blow you away but it’s a good enough escape for a couple of hours.

A lot of people who’s reviews I generally agree with were really down on this one so I had low expectations going into it. Nevertheless, I saw it opening night and even though it was disjointed at times I did enjoy it. I agree it’s probably in the 6-7/10 range. It’s not gonna blow you away but it’s a good enough escape for a couple of hours.

Yeah the negative reviews certainly helped me as I went in expecting the worst only to be left pleasantly surprised

Trying to think where I'd place it overall in the series, probably something like this

Jurassic Park
Jurassic World
The Lost World/Dominion
Fallen Kingdom
JP3

I was wishing for this kind of Jurassic Park film since The Lost World, for dinosaurs to be all over the human cities.
And the end of 5th implied they'll spread, but I thought it would be a world crisis kind of situation, with people trying to contain it, military on alert fighting 'low tech' animal enemy from another time, an apocalyptic kind of movie...
But what I've seen in trailers and read about it, seems like it's just straight a few years later, everyone is cool and fine living wherever, just 'coexisting' with dinosaurs?! What the hell is that? And 'sometimes' these dinosaurs just attack a plane, or pop up in the middle of an Italian city... Seems very stupid.

Reactions: 3Maters
I found myself pretty disappointed. Maybe because I was very hyped up from the trailers? I even rewatched the other movies before this.
But I didn't completely hate it. There are some great parts. But overall it was not what I wanted. 6/10
Waaaay too much time spent on the Locusts. Who thought this was a good idea to put in the film???
Wanted to explore more of the Dinos in the wild... but by the end it just turned into another park gone wrong scenario. sigh.
Brining the old cast back felt pretty awkward IMO. I hate to say it, but I might have worked better without them. As pumped as I was that they were back, it just didn't work for me.

I might rewatch it. Maybe I'll like it better the 2nd time around when I don't have all these expectations attached.

My Rankings:
1. Jurassic Park
2. Jurassic World
3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
5. Jurassic World: Dominion
6. Jurassic Park 3

Reactions: 3Maters
Finally watched it, and I must say I liked it, more than expected I would.
I just don't want to nitpick, everything was fine, I'm glad to see both casts unite, and if anything, this movie set up infinite possibilities for more sequels or spinoffs. Does Universal have their own streaming channel, maybe they'll do a couple of TV series set in this world, only with more soul, than Evil Disney.
I'd also have liked more Jeff Goldblum, but one always wants more Jeff Goldblum. :smuggrin: Liked the shirt button joke.

Liked how the bad guy got the same end, as the traitor in the original.
Omar Sy got a little fatter, so did Bryce Dallas Howard, but Laura Dern looks beautiful, and Sam Neil and Goldblum look great as well. Someone should inspect their genes, and inject them into other humans for the betterment of our species.

Oh yeah, the rankings of the whole franchise (so far :naughty:):

I: The Lost World: Jurassic Park is still my favorite.
II: Jurassic Park
III: Jurassic World: Dominion - it's the best one since the original two
IV: Jurassic Park 3
V: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
VI: Jurassic World - although both of the first new ones can go on the same last place

Last edited: