Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Tagline: The park is gone

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Juan Antonio Bayona

Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Isabella Sermon, Rafe Spall, James Cromwell, Justice Smith, Daniella Pineda, Geraldine Chaplin, Ted Levine, Toby Jones, BD Wong, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Papajohn, Robert Emms, Charlie Rawes, Daniel Stisen, Kamil Lemieszewski

Release: 2018-06-06

Runtime: 128

Plot: Several years after the demise of Jurassic World, a volcanic eruption threatens the remaining dinosaurs on the island of Isla Nublar. Claire Dearing, the former park manager and founder of the Dinosaur Protection Group, recruits Owen Grady to help prevent the extinction of the dinosaurs once again.

Attachments

• jurassic.png
    jurassic.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,965
I just got back from the theatre and, well, this was a very different Jurassic film. I'm not sure how I feel right now. The film is honestly a bit of a downer. I might watch it one more time this weekend to give it another shot, but as of now, I'm feeling disappointed.

My full thoughts will be posted in an upcoming Camcast video next week.
this was exactly how I felt after first viewing.

it held up better on second viewing but am still disappointed.

Glad you enjoyed it, bud, and I agree about the trailers. They showed everything!

My ranking order (though I still need to watch Fallen Kingdom again to get a better feel for it):

1 - Jurassic Park
2 - Jurassic World
3 - The Lost World
4 (tie for now) - Jurassic Park 3 / Fallen Kingdom

And while some (likely most) will say I'm crazy for putting JWFK and JP3 side-by-side, I'm glad that I now looked at Rotten Tomatoes and know that I'm not alone. JP3 and JWFK are tied at 50% each, the lowest percentage rating in the series.
I'd rate them in that order also.

JW was a perfect tip of the hat yet fresh remake of sorts, movie that breathed new life into the franchise. Revived it perfectly IMO.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
this was exactly how I felt after first viewing.

it held up better on second viewing but am still disappointed.

I'd rate them in that order also.

JW was a perfect tip of the hat yet fresh remake of sorts, movie that breathed new life into the franchise. Revived it perfectly IMO.

So happy to hear that I'm not alone. Also happy to hear that it held up better on a second viewing. I definitely need to see it again.

If you want to watch/hear my FULL, no-holding-back review of the film, you can check that out here:

It's also up on iTunes.

And for those who haven't seen the film yet, a warning that this Camcast includes spoilers. :thumbs:

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: yeslek and kaw
you are far from alone.

This movie appears super divisive.

Either like us we were disappointed, or people are loving it. There is very little middle ground from what I can tell

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Finally saw this yesterday.
I big letdown IMO...

The first half (on the island) is really interesting but after… meh…!
Oh and Goldblum… serioulsy???

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
As a huge Jurassic Park fan (the first film I remember seeing with my dad at the cinema and what got me into films and Spielberg) I was not really up for this one, and I loved Jurassic world but just didn’t fancy it from the trailers. (Which annoyed me because I’ve seen them all at the cinema)

I finally got to see this at the start of the week and I honestly loved it. It was actually quite creepy especially the final act. Very different Jurassic film but it kinda brought back some love for lost world.

I’ve watched them all this week and I genuinely think I preferred it to the first Jurassic world but I’ll need to see it again to see how I feel. Jurassic Park 3 is still awful tho (except the bird cage scene) and parts of lost world

Fallen kingdom also featured the saddest scene I’ve ever seen in a Jurassic film too

For me:
1. Jurassic park
2. JW: fallen kingdom
3. Jurassic world (2 and 3 could swap)
4. JP: the lost world
5. Jurassic park 3

Few points

Love the whole island erupting and the underwater scene. Action was great

The saddest part was the brachiosaurus on the bridge! Jeez

I hated the mansion parts in the trailer but much preferred it in the film and found it all kinda creepy

Love the old vids of blue

Some aweosme Spielberg esque tribute shots and moments. Spielberg has a thing for reflections and shadows and you could see that with the brachio shadows on the bridge like war of the worlds and the reflection in the mansion in the show cage before the Dino smashes it for example

Loved that surfer moment at the end, the T. rex smashing that small gate looking like the first film and I’m pretty sure the town blue ends up is the town from E.T but I might be wrong

I found this to be quite disappointing overall... it had some really silly inaccuracies, which in itself sounds stupid, since the whole idea of these films is unrealistic anyway lol. Lost count of how many times I facepalmed during the lava scenes... the heat from it alone would pretty much melt you before it even made contact, and even if it does touch you (on the bloody head no less!), this film tries to have you believe that a dino could survive it. I also hate how Blue is basically now just a lapdog, and most disappointingly of all... Goldblum got Boba-Fetted. (n)

Another thing I found kinda ridiculous...
The young girl being a clone... WTF?! They literally just brushed it off after it'd been revealed too... I actually had to Google it afterwards to make sure I heard it right, since nothing was mentioned of it again lol. Really felt like they just included it for shock value, which failed massively IMO.

Don't get me wrong though, it still had its standout moments that were very entertaining... the opening scene was pretty cool, even if it was predictable. Once again, Pratt and Howard were great together and really fun to watch. Some awesome shots in the film too, and not to mention some really creepy ones!

Honestly, I reckon it had one of the saddest scenes in a movie and I literally got a lump in my throat watching it...
The Brachiosaurus being left to die, and seeing it being engulfed by the smoke until its silhouette slowly faded out was seriously heartbreaking. :(

All that being said, I look forward to seeing where they take the next one. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233
I found this to be quite disappointing overall... it had some really silly inaccuracies, which in itself sounds stupid, since the whole idea of these films is unrealistic anyway lol. Lost count of how many times I facepalmed during the lava scenes... the heat from it alone would pretty much melt you before it even made contact, and even if it does touch you (on the bloody head no less!), this film tries to have you believe that a dino could survive it. I also hate how Blue is basically now just a lapdog, and most disappointingly of all... Goldblum got Boba-Fetted. (n)

Another thing I found kinda ridiculous...
The young girl being a clone... WTF?! They literally just brushed it off after it'd been revealed too... I actually had to Google it afterwards to make sure I heard it right, since nothing was mentioned of it again lol. Really felt like they just included it for shock value, which failed massively IMO.

Don't get me wrong though, it still had its standout moments that were very entertaining... the opening scene was pretty cool, even if it was predictable. Once again, Pratt and Howard were great together and really fun to watch. Some awesome shots in the film too, and not to mention some really creepy ones!

Honestly, I reckon it had one of the saddest scenes in a movie and I literally got a lump in my throat watching it...
The Brachiosaurus being left to die, and seeing it being engulfed by the smoke until its silhouette slowly faded out was seriously heartbreaking. :(

All that being said, I look forward to seeing where they take the next one. :)

For a action film popcorn movie I found it very entertaining and much better than 2 of the other 4 but I agree with what you say about the girl

In regards to the lava, completely get what your saying and tbh I kinda thought that at the time but I also did love the way it was done and Pratt still made me laugh.

All I’ll say is if your gona pick at points like that then technically the first should annoy you too with Tim on the electric fence, the truck thing hanging off the edge with the glass cracking whilst a T. rex f*cks with them in lost world, (can’t think of anything for 3 because that film barely sticks with me lol) and loads of stuff in JW like the bike and raptors (personally love that scene) etc etc

At least they haven’t completely f*cked the franchise like with Indy lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
As a huge Jurassic Park fan (the first film I remember seeing with my dad at the cinema and what got me into films and Spielberg) I was not really up for this one, and I loved Jurassic world but just didn’t fancy it from the trailers. (Which annoyed me because I’ve seen them all at the cinema)

I finally got to see this at the start of the week and I honestly loved it. It was actually quite creepy especially the final act. Very different Jurassic film but it kinda brought back some love for lost world.

I’ve watched them all this week and I genuinely think I preferred it to the first Jurassic world but I’ll need to see it again to see how I feel. Jurassic Park 3 is still awful tho (except the bird cage scene) and parts of lost world

Fallen kingdom also featured the saddest scene I’ve ever seen in a Jurassic film too

For me:
1. Jurassic park
2. JW: fallen kingdom
3. Jurassic world (2 and 3 could swap)
4. JP: the lost world
5. Jurassic park 3

Few points

Love the whole island erupting and the underwater scene. Action was great

The saddest part was the brachiosaurus on the bridge! Jeez

I hated the mansion parts in the trailer but much preferred it in the film and found it all kinda creepy

Love the old vids of blue

Some aweosme Spielberg esque tribute shots and moments. Spielberg has a thing for reflections and shadows and you could see that with the brachio shadows on the bridge like war of the worlds and the reflection in the mansion in the show cage before the Dino smashes it for example

Loved that surfer moment at the end, the T. rex smashing that small gate looking like the first film and I’m pretty sure the town blue ends up is the town from E.T but I might be wrong
You nailed it exactly! That's how I feel too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Man, what a terrible movie (the previous one have some problems, but still certain enjoyable), the CGI is more effective than JW and the direction by Bayona still better than Trevorrow's, but the characters and the script are terrible.

OMG, again with the military dinosaurs, and more hybrid dinosaurs (i buy the Indominus Rex, but the Indoraptor is same thing, much worse and nothing scary at all), and the other aspect are terribly stupid, the little girl reveal is something i can't stand, and in this far in the franchise, is a very stupid and terrible idea, and without dramatic development.