Just Cause 2 Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
PlayStation players to publish their greatest achievements to YouTube

Friday 22nd January/... Square Enix London Studios, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced that Just Cause 2 for the PlayStation 3 will ship with a built-in video capture feature, allowing players to record clips of their greatest in-game exploits and upload directly to YouTube.

With some of the most incredible emergent action sequences seen in any game, Just Cause 2 frequently features moments which simply defy description. Moments where the physics, gameplay and AI all come together to create an over-the-top stunt or spontaneously chaotic scene of carnage players will want to watch again and again. By activating Just Cause 2’s video capture feature, players will be able to automatically record the last 30 seconds of gameplay directly to the PlayStation 3’s hard drive and upload to YouTube.

BASE jumped from the highest bridge in the game? Captured. Jumped out of a jet fighter and crashed into an oil rig? Recorded. Parachuted off a cliff onto a passing helicopter, laying waste to a military harbour with missiles, before ejecting, skydiving down through enemy flak, grappling soldiers to passing aircraft, leaving nothing but the smoking remains of the military might? Saved, uploaded and published for the world to see.

Also available from the in-game menu is a 10 minute capture feature which allows players to create more detailed and planned presentations. Gamers will be able to capture and share in-game mission walkthroughs, create online speed-run competitions, direct their own South East Asian-inspired Machinima and more, with the best YouTube videos linked from the official website allowing users to vote on their favourites, with prizes awarded for the best of the best.

As Rico Rodriguez, the Agency's most powerful weapon, players must take on the island of Panau and its military regime in order to track down Rico's former boss and mentor, Tom Sheldon, who has gone rogue with millions in Agency cash and intel. Using a unique grapple and parachute combination, there is no vertical limit as the air becomes your playground: grapple a passing plane in flight, hijack helicopters, BASE jump from the tallest buildings or mountains and leave a trail of chaos and destruction in your wake. Just Cause 2 offers players the freedom to tackle missions any way they choose and, with over 100 vehicles and countless upgrades and collectibles, the choices for relentless adrenaline-fuelled action are limitless.

Just Cause 2’s video capture and upload feature will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Just Cause 2 will also ship for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® and will be released under the EIDOS brand portfolio. All formats will release in-stores on March 23rd, 2010, in North America and March 26th, 2010, in Europe, Middle East, and Australasia. More information is available on the official website at www.justcause.com.

Attachments

• justcause2.jpg
    justcause2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 906
Last edited by a moderator:
Monday 25th January/... You ask, we listen. With request after request coming in for some footage of the anticipated Just Cause 2 pre-order items, we’ve put together a trailer to showcase the awesome items of DLC available at launch. These five must-have downloadable guns and gadgets, and experimental and heavily upgraded items from the Agency’s research and development will take your Just Cause 2 gaming to a different level!

· Agency Hovercraft

The ultimate in amphibious transport, the Agency Hovercraft is the most flexible form of transport in the game. Equipped with a turret-mounted grenade launcher, you’re guaranteed to blow your opposition out of the water

· Rico’s Signature Gun

Customised by the Agency and adapted for Rico’s shooting style, this deadly accurate and powerful pistol has precision, power and flair

· Bull’s Eye Assault Rifle

More powerful than the standard assault rifle, this lightweight and lethal automatic rifle features increased accuracy and a higher magnification scope

· Chevalier Classic

No agent should be without a hot set of wheels and with an increased top speed and superior handling, you can arrive at your destination in style or make a guaranteed quick getaway

· Chaos Parachute

Featuring a skull motif, make an entrance no one will forget … should you leave anyone alive to remember

As Rico Rodriguez, the Agency's most powerful weapon, players must take on the island of Panau and its military regime in order to track down Rico's former boss and mentor, Tom Sheldon, who has gone rogue with millions in Agency cash and intel. Using a unique grapple and parachute combination, there is no vertical limit as the air becomes your playground: grapple a passing plane in flight, hijack helicopters, BASE jump from the tallest buildings or mountains and leave a trail of chaos and destruction in your wake. Just Cause 2 offers players the freedom to attack missions any way they choose and, with over 100 vehicles and countless upgrades and collectibles, the choices for relentless adrenaline-fuelled action are limitless.

Boat + Rocket Launcher = Another Outrageous Just Cause 2 Stunt

As Just Cause 2 draws ever closer to release, Square Enix and Avalanche have seen fit to construct another trailer showing how to jump a boat across a military complex, vault up onto the boat's hull, fire off a rocket into a guard tower, get back in and motor off smooth as silk.

You can try similar stunts for yourself in the demo available now on the Xbox Live Marketplace until Just Cause 2 is released on March 23rd in North America and March 26th in the UK and Europe.

See how easy it is to look cool and stylish in Just Cause 2 in the Anatomy of a Stunt trailer below. James Bond, eat your heart out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDvk0YBht2M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDvk0YBht2M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Just Cause 2: Take One Tuk-Tuk To 10,000 Feet, Drop And Watch The Fireworks

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fw6Kv1RIzOA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fw6Kv1RIzOA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

With just over a week to go until Just Cause 2 explodes into stores, the 'Anatomy of a Stunt' video series refuses to fizzle out with Avalanche and Square Enix orchestrating yet another insane trick featuring the fearless and seemingly mental Rico Rodriguez.

This time the Latino super agent grabs himself a cargo helicopter and uses his grappling hook to tether a Tuk-Tuk to the fuselage before ascending a few thousand feet to then drop the thing above an unsuspecting guard on the ground below.

Conveniently stood right by a massive fuel tank, the hapless guard is sent flying as the Tuk-Tuk drops onto the tank, triggering a huge explosion in the process.

We can't help but wonder how many attempts this took to get right, but suffice to say, we won't be rushing to try it when the game is out next week.

Avalanche Will "Have Fun" With Just Cause 2 DLC. Loads Planned

Just Cause 2's Lead Designer, Peter Johansson has been talking up the game's planned DLC in an interview with Eurogamer, saying, "Yeah, we're going to have some fun with DLC, but unfortunately I can't talk about the specifics."

There's plenty in the pipeline though, that's for sure, despite the main campaign taking between 15 and 20 hours to get through.

"We're going to have a lot of DLC. We'll see what happens," Johannson added. "DLC is important, but a game like Just Cause 2 can live pretty long because it's not just playing through the story and being done with it - there's the completion rating and playing with friends."

There's also mention of a possible stat-tracking site to keep tabs on your progress through Just Cause 2's gargantuan island playground.

"In this game it's really fun to track completion rating as well, because this game is going to take people a long time to do!" said Johansson.

Just Cause 2 is out in North America on March 23rd, with the European release to follow on March 26th.

Well the game is out, I thought I would share some of my youtube videos ive taken with the ps3 video/audio capture option.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsmzJD2JsA8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsmzJD2JsA8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lIQnHcu2-iU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lIQnHcu2-iU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zw7fcZHKEXg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zw7fcZHKEXg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3MJ25AegNg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3MJ25AegNg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRisxj3y0BQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRisxj3y0BQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QlDe5rDno-Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QlDe5rDno-Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Btw places of interest.
X: 20904 Y: 5569 G9 Fighter (4x rocket packs and 2 miniguns)
X:4249 Y:25990 Bubble Blaster (shoots soap bubbles in tower in field of pink trees)

Last edited:
EEK! Have I been lost in oblivion ... how do you do this? Or is this game specific?

check the first post founder ;)

"Square Enix London Studios, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced that Just Cause 2 for the PlayStation 3 will ship with a built-in video capture feature, allowing players to record clips of their greatest in-game exploits and upload directly to YouTube."

"Square Enix London Studios, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced that Just Cause 2 for the PlayStation 3 will ship with a built-in video capture feature, allowing players to record clips of their greatest in-game exploits and upload directly to YouTube."

Cool, demo was pretty fun. HAWX had that too but I didnt play with it too much, think I got confused a lil.

i guess i dont know what the point of this game is. like im interested, read a review or two and saw some videos, but i still dont really get it.

so it is basically a grand theft auto version of a stunt man/spy? can you go around and do whatever you want?

Its pretty crazy, its pretty fun too. I dont really know what i was doing besides parchuting down and shooting up a bunch of militia hahaa ... I think I may buy this.

maybe ill check it out this summer if it hits discount racks. seems like a game that could get there pretty quickly

true, but in the meantime... dl the demo you tard! Im not offically sold on it, but I tend to like some of the crazier games or obscure titles for some odd reason.

EEK! Have I been lost in oblivion ... how do you do this? Or is this game specific?

You hit start to access the pause menu, and go over to video capture there is a manual or automatic capture setting, I suggest manual and then accessing the start menu you can tell it to stop and then upload directly to youtube or to your ps3's hard drive.

lol

Cool, demo was pretty fun. HAWX had that too but I didnt play with it too much, think I got confused a lil.

Yes but its cool to capture the video to your hard drive :p

i guess i dont know what the point of this game is. like im interested, read a review or two and saw some videos, but i still dont really get it.

so it is basically a grand theft auto version of a stunt man/spy? can you go around and do whatever you want?

Why haven't you played the demo yet.. the point is to destabilize the government.. of course your looking for a American agent that the agency believes has gone rouge, but you the main point is to take down the government brick by brick, there are hundreds of settlements to take over as you assist 3 factions in setting up strong holds in hopes of finding out who the players are..

But really this game is about having fun go ahead watch my youtube videos, and if there is something you specific would like me to record I will kay. :)

Its pretty crazy, its pretty fun too. I dont really know what i was doing besides parchuting down and shooting up a bunch of militia hahaa ... I think I may buy this.

Yep.

maybe ill check it out this summer if it hits discount racks. seems like a game that could get there pretty quickly

I hope not.. :hilarious:

true, but in the meantime... dl the demo you tard! Im not offically sold on it, but I tend to like some of the crazier games or obscure titles for some odd reason.

Yeah :) like theres a demo and everything, to get past the 30 minute time limit when the timer gets to 1 start rapidly pressing xmb button and x at the same time rapidly for while till you think the timer has hit 0, you know you did it right if the timer says 0.

After this you will be free to leave the demo area. :D to get the 0 to go away earn some chaos and the timer will vanish.

Why haven't you played the demo yet.. the point is to destabilize the government.. of course your looking for a American agent that the agency believes has gone rouge, but you the main point is to take down the government brick by brick, there are hundreds of settlements to take over as you assist 3 factions in setting up strong holds in hopes of finding out who the players are..

But really this game is about having fun go ahead watch my youtube videos, and if there is something you specific would like me to record I will kay. :)

sorry! :emb: i honestly havent gone on the playstation store in like months. havent had much reason to yet but ill check this out