Just Cause 2 Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
PlayStation players to publish their greatest achievements to YouTube

Friday 22nd January/... Square Enix London Studios, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced that Just Cause 2 for the PlayStation 3 will ship with a built-in video capture feature, allowing players to record clips of their greatest in-game exploits and upload directly to YouTube.

With some of the most incredible emergent action sequences seen in any game, Just Cause 2 frequently features moments which simply defy description. Moments where the physics, gameplay and AI all come together to create an over-the-top stunt or spontaneously chaotic scene of carnage players will want to watch again and again. By activating Just Cause 2’s video capture feature, players will be able to automatically record the last 30 seconds of gameplay directly to the PlayStation 3’s hard drive and upload to YouTube.

BASE jumped from the highest bridge in the game? Captured. Jumped out of a jet fighter and crashed into an oil rig? Recorded. Parachuted off a cliff onto a passing helicopter, laying waste to a military harbour with missiles, before ejecting, skydiving down through enemy flak, grappling soldiers to passing aircraft, leaving nothing but the smoking remains of the military might? Saved, uploaded and published for the world to see.

Also available from the in-game menu is a 10 minute capture feature which allows players to create more detailed and planned presentations. Gamers will be able to capture and share in-game mission walkthroughs, create online speed-run competitions, direct their own South East Asian-inspired Machinima and more, with the best YouTube videos linked from the official website allowing users to vote on their favourites, with prizes awarded for the best of the best.

As Rico Rodriguez, the Agency's most powerful weapon, players must take on the island of Panau and its military regime in order to track down Rico's former boss and mentor, Tom Sheldon, who has gone rogue with millions in Agency cash and intel. Using a unique grapple and parachute combination, there is no vertical limit as the air becomes your playground: grapple a passing plane in flight, hijack helicopters, BASE jump from the tallest buildings or mountains and leave a trail of chaos and destruction in your wake. Just Cause 2 offers players the freedom to tackle missions any way they choose and, with over 100 vehicles and countless upgrades and collectibles, the choices for relentless adrenaline-fuelled action are limitless.

Just Cause 2’s video capture and upload feature will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Just Cause 2 will also ship for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® and will be released under the EIDOS brand portfolio. All formats will release in-stores on March 23rd, 2010, in North America and March 26th, 2010, in Europe, Middle East, and Australasia. More information is available on the official website at www.justcause.com.

Attachments

• justcause2.jpg
    justcause2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 906
Last edited by a moderator:
You hit start to access the pause menu, and go over to video capture there is a manual or automatic capture setting, I suggest manual and then accessing the start menu you can tell it to stop and then upload directly to youtube or to your ps3's hard drive.

lol

Yes but its cool to capture the video to your hard drive :p

Why haven't you played the demo yet.. the point is to destabilize the government.. of course your looking for a American agent that the agency believes has gone rouge, but you the main point is to take down the government brick by brick, there are hundreds of settlements to take over as you assist 3 factions in setting up strong holds in hopes of finding out who the players are..

But really this game is about having fun go ahead watch my youtube videos, and if there is something you specific would like me to record I will kay. :)

Yep.

I hope not.. :hilarious:

Yeah :) like theres a demo and everything, to get past the 30 minute time limit when the timer gets to 1 start rapidly pressing xmb button and x at the same time rapidly for while till you think the timer has hit 0, you know you did it right if the timer says 0.

After this you will be free to leave the demo area. :D to get the 0 to go away earn some chaos and the timer will vanish.

Did'nt work for me

Did'nt work for me

Lol you realize you quoted my entire post, so which thing didn't work.. :hilarious:

Okay im going to assume the later half of the demo extension..
Let me be very clear on this when I say Rapidly press the psn button on the controller and x I do not mean tap, I mean press them together as physically as fast as you can like your a mad squirrel or something.

:oohyeah:

I just started playing this game. I like it, but there's certain aspects to it which I don't care for.

The "open environment" thing is kinda cool, but it's frustrating to me because I suppose I've always been someone who likes a fairly structured game as far as having goals and going along that set path.

With this, it's confusing to me where to go next, and whatnot. I may be wrong, but it seems that you can pretty much go all over the map anytime you want, so it's confusing to me where I have to go next to advance the story.

I just had the meeting with the reapers and now I'm on that part where you have to guide that tech dude in so he can disable some stuff.

I'm at the end of that area (I think) but now there's nothing to do. I've killed everyone (I think) but we're at the area where there's that surface to air missile weapon. I blew that up, blew up the helicopter, and then I restarted and got in it and flew around but couldn't figure out what to do. All the guys were standing around, and thanked me for helping them but I'm not sure what to do now, or if I just take off in the copter and go somewhere else.

Anyone else see the obvious similiarities to Uncharted? This is kinda like a Latin Drake in the Military. ha ha.

I just started playing this game. I like it, but there's certain aspects to it which I don't care for.

The "open environment" thing is kinda cool, but it's frustrating to me because I suppose I've always been someone who likes a fairly structured game as far as having goals and going along that set path.

With this, it's confusing to me where to go next, and whatnot. I may be wrong, but it seems that you can pretty much go all over the map anytime you want, so it's confusing to me where I have to go next to advance the story.

Anyone else see the obvious similiarities to Uncharted? This is kinda like a Latin Drake in the Military. ha ha.

Have you ever played Fallout 3? If so does it feel like that? I haven't picked this up yet, but it looks good.

never played Fallout 3, but I suppose a similar aspect (with the open environment thing) is Prince of Persia, or Burnout Paradise where there's not a go from A---------> B --------------> C --------> D type of situation.

You can jump from A to C to B to D and so forth.

It's still cool though.

gamjustcauseicecream580.jpg

Since it's universally accepted that Just Cause 2 is completely butt-crazy-gonzo, we weren't really surprised by today's release of a free, downloadable, "pimped-up" (according to the Xbox Live listing) ice cream truck for all platforms of the game. The "Chevalier Ice Breaker" features ultra low suspension (for those hairpin mountainous curves), front-mounted bull bars (for the ramming of things) and, presumably, more ice cream sandwiches than you could shake a Popsicle stick at.

Crush Authority With Just Cause 2's Monster Truck

When you're helping the rebel factions of an island overthrow an evil dictator, a Monster Truck is an absolutely vital tool of the trade. So, thank our lucky stars that Just Cause 2 now has a Monster Truck available for download today.

Weighing-in at over 10,000lbs, the Just Cause 2 Monster Truck has bouncy coil-spring suspension, hydraulic shocks and huge terra tyres designed to crush anything that gets in your way, be it vehicle, man or tree.

Being able to flatten and destroy enemies is all well and good, but it's still not quite enough... How do roof-mounted grenade launchers grab you? Well, they come fitted to the Just Cause 2 Monster Truck as standard, preserving the paintwork against distant targets. Excessive? No way!
The JC2 Monster Truck was previously available in North America as a GameStop pre-order incentive. This is the first time it's been available in Europe.

[Update] Seems the Monster Truck isn't actually free as we initially thought, but costs £0.79/€0.99. Sorry for the mix up.

Square Enix Details The Next Two Pieces of Just Cause 2 DLC

Square Enix and Avalanche Studios' post release support of Just Cause 2 is set to continue throughout April and May the publisher recently announced.

With DLC planned next week and towards the end of May, the toys to play with in the huge Panuan playground are set to get a nice boost. The Black Market Aerial Pack and the Black Market Boom Pack are available for €1.99/$1.99 each and are available on April 29th and May 25th respectively. More details below:

Available April 29th, the ‘Black Market Aerial Pack’ includes:

1. F-33 Dragon Fly Jet Fighter: a versatile attack aircraft, equipped with twin missiles and quad-mounted mini-guns.
2. Multi-lock Missile Launcher: a devastating weapon of destruction featuring laser-guided auto-lock on up to four targets.
3. Parachute Dual Thrusters: twin parachute-mounted jets which transform 4. Rico’s trademark parachute into one of the most nimble and powerful attack platforms.

Available May 25th, the ‘Black Market Boom Pack’ includes:

1. Quad Rocket Launcher: half shotgun, half rocket launcher, all carnage.
2. Cluster Bomb Launcher: the natural successor to the grenade launcher.
3. Air Propulsion Gun: a highly experimental jet-powered blast weapon, powerful enough to send vehicles and soldiers skywards.

This demo is so fun, I'm still gonna buy this game but I'm trying to knock a few titles out the backlog first. Like all the GOW's for instance haha.

Ok.....I made 3 posts......saying I liked the theme of the game, but advising the gameplay on the FIRST one sucked. And the last was info about the game.

lol I didnt even read your posts, its just this game is really fun and I want you to ... DOWNLOAD THE DEMO!

Did you catch that?

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO!

:oohyeah:

Even if you wouldnt buy this game, you can actually do quite a bit in the demo so its a good demo to have/play.

Yah the price will only go down, it features a hispanic protagonist ... which is rare, support tu hermano!

I just had the meeting with the reapers and now I'm on that part where you have to guide that tech dude in so he can disable some stuff.

I'm at the end of that area (I think) but now there's nothing to do. I've killed everyone (I think) but we're at the area where there's that surface to air missile weapon. I blew that up, blew up the helicopter, and then I restarted and got in it and flew around but couldn't figure out what to do. All the guys were standing around, and thanked me for helping them but I'm not sure what to do now, or if I just take off in the copter and go somewhere else.

Actually there is more structure then is apparent. After earning x amount of chaos it unlocks a angency mission (main storyline) beat story line mission earn more chaos unlock new agency mission, beat agency mission, continue until you beat the last agency mission declare yourself the absolute ruler of the world and smile...

Have you ever played Fallout 3? If so does it feel like that? I haven't picked this up yet, but it looks good.

Imagine more freedom then fallout 3 and actual military response to your creative redecorating.

never played Fallout 3, but I suppose a similar aspect (with the open environment thing) is Prince of Persia, or Burnout Paradise where there's not a go from A---------> B --------------> C --------> D type of situation.

You can jump from A to C to B to D and so forth.

It's still cool though.

You do have to beat the story missions in order but other then that your free to do with anything in the island you can afford to do. String enemy troopers to the wall, drag enemy on bike, attack outpost, attack city.. drop a 747 on a unsuspecting enemy tank.. you know the standard stuff.

Yeah, that's kind of how fallout 3 is. You can follow the main path, or get lost in the side quests.

True but the plot missions are just a airlift away.

gamjustcauseicecream580.jpg

Since it's universally accepted that Just Cause 2 is completely butt-crazy-gonzo, we weren't really surprised by today's release of a free, downloadable, "pimped-up" (according to the Xbox Live listing) ice cream truck for all platforms of the game. The "Chevalier Ice Breaker" features ultra low suspension (for those hairpin mountainous curves), front-mounted bull bars (for the ramming of things) and, presumably, more ice cream sandwiches than you could shake a Popsicle stick at.

Have to say its a cheap ride and its well armored.

Crush Authority With Just Cause 2's Monster Truck

When you're helping the rebel factions of an island overthrow an evil dictator, a Monster Truck is an absolutely vital tool of the trade. So, thank our lucky stars that Just Cause 2 now has a Monster Truck available for download today.

Weighing-in at over 10,000lbs, the Just Cause 2 Monster Truck has bouncy coil-spring suspension, hydraulic shocks and huge terra tyres designed to crush anything that gets in your way, be it vehicle, man or tree.

Being able to flatten and destroy enemies is all well and good, but it's still not quite enough... How do roof-mounted grenade launchers grab you? Well, they come fitted to the Just Cause 2 Monster Truck as standard, preserving the paintwork against distant targets. Excessive? No way!
The JC2 Monster Truck was previously available in North America as a GameStop pre-order incentive. This is the first time it's been available in Europe.

[Update] Seems the Monster Truck isn't actually free as we initially thought, but costs £0.79/€0.99. Sorry for the mix up.

Have to warn everyone the monster truck is not a boat.. it does not sink in water but once its shreds its momentum the only way its moving is with the current.. or if you tie it to a motor boat.

Square Enix Details The Next Two Pieces of Just Cause 2 DLC

Square Enix and Avalanche Studios' post release support of Just Cause 2 is set to continue throughout April and May the publisher recently announced.

With DLC planned next week and towards the end of May, the toys to play with in the huge Panuan playground are set to get a nice boost. The Black Market Aerial Pack and the Black Market Boom Pack are available for €1.99/$1.99 each and are available on April 29th and May 25th respectively. More details below:

Available April 29th, the ‘Black Market Aerial Pack’ includes:

1. F-33 Dragon Fly Jet Fighter: a versatile attack aircraft, equipped with twin missiles and quad-mounted mini-guns.
2. Multi-lock Missile Launcher: a devastating weapon of destruction featuring laser-guided auto-lock on up to four targets.
3. Parachute Dual Thrusters: twin parachute-mounted jets which transform 4. Rico’s trademark parachute into one of the most nimble and powerful attack platforms.

Available May 25th, the ‘Black Market Boom Pack’ includes:

1. Quad Rocket Launcher: half shotgun, half rocket launcher, all carnage.
2. Cluster Bomb Launcher: the natural successor to the grenade launcher.
3. Air Propulsion Gun: a highly experimental jet-powered blast weapon, powerful enough to send vehicles and soldiers skywards.

All of those sound very sexy and as soon as I get a job they will be purchased.

Ok.....I made 3 posts......saying I liked the theme of the game, but advising the gameplay on the FIRST one sucked. And the last was info about the game.

:) you will get lost in the game DaMexiRican :)

Yah the price will only go down, it features a hispanic protagonist ... which is rare, support tu hermano!

or it can pull a hole arc the lad and tripple in cost.. :oohyeah:

I already bought it :) ... but have yet to start it! EEK! I'm thinking of finishing the 3 GOW's or just jumping right on this :)