Montreal
Release date: March 13, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy.com
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

JL 4K steelbook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec

Cinematographic Process ARRIRAW (2.8K) (source format)
Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)
Dolby Vision
Super 35 (source format)
I have no idea how to interpret your 2K DI bold line....I guess in a negative way.
Personally I don't think it matters. There are movies with a 4K DI that look rubbish and you have movies with a 2K DI that look terrific...The Shallows for example.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Brett_S
I have no idea how to interpret your 2K DI bold line....I guess in a negative way.
Personally I don't think it matters. There are movies with a 4K DI that look rubbish and you have movies with a 2K DI that look terrific...The Shallows for example.

Everything I post will be interpreted in a negative way, so it doesn't matter if I highlighted in bold or not anyways lol.

Can you please let me know the 4K UHDs encoded from 4K DI that look rubbish?

Everything I post will be interpreted in a negative way, so it doesn't matter if I highlighted in bold or not anyways lol.

Can you please let me know the 4K UHDs encoded from 4K DI that look rubbish?
:)

Ex Machina and Salt for example.

Edit: + The Expendables 3

Last edited:
:)

Ex Machina and Salt for example.

Edit: + The Expendables 3

Ex_Machina - Strong disagree.
Expendables 3 - Not sure.
Salt - Not sure either.

I am sure the 4K DIs are in good shape but incorrect HDR implementation can screw things up big time.

One really bad upscaled 4K UHD release is King Kong (2005). Contrast runs exceptionally hot to the point where you will lose your eyesight.

Ex_Machina - Strong disagree.
Expendables 3 - Not sure.
Salt - Not sure either.

I am sure the 4K DIs are in good shape but incorrect HDR implementation can screw things up big time.

One really bad upscaled 4K UHD release is King Kong (2005). Contrast runs exceptionally hot to the point where you will lose your eyesight.
I haven’t seen King Kong UHD.

My point was actually that it’s not per definition a bad looking UHD when it has a 2K DI. Just like GotG vol 2 and The Shallows they can really look great. It’s also the other way around...a 4K DI does not always mean it’s going to look great.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I haven’t seen King Kong UHD.

My point was actually that it’s not per definition a bad looking UHD when it has a 2K DI. Just like GotG vol 2 and The Shallows they can really look great. It’s also the other way around...a 4K DI does not always mean it’s going to look great.

I get you but I am quite pissed that these Studios are still finishing high profile films on 2K despite filming using higher spec cameras. They are pushing 4K UHD but fail miserably to address the fundamentals.

I get you but I am quite pissed that these Studios are still finishing high profile films on 2K despite filming using higher spec cameras. They are pushing 4K UHD but fail miserably to address the fundamentals and making a strong foundation.
I’m happy with the fact more and more 4K releases are coming and currently being released (steelbooks too).....and not to forget...more and more catalog titles. It’s a good sign.
Compare it to a year ago.

In time other things, like 4K DIs, will follow too :)

I’m happy with the fact more and more 4K releases are coming and currently being released (steelbooks too).....and not to forget...more and more catalog titles. It’s a good sign.
Compare it to a year ago.

In time other things, like 4K DIs, will follow too :)

It's the HDR that makes it look better than non-4K releases. My TV isn't ridiculously huge, so the difference in resolution isn't a big deal, but the HDR colors that I notice the most. That's why 2K DI is not a big deal at all!! After all, in cinemas, I'm watching the same movie from a 2K DI.

Just saw the movie, loved it!
Just preordered it. Can't wait for the steelbook design to be revealed
I hope the cover will be the Alex Ross style poster

I dislike how these comic artworks don't match.

MoS and BvS would match this one lovely but the SS and WW throws it all out. Either keep them all proper comic stylee or just don't bother. Shame for those who would love a matching set for the DCEU.