digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Justice League

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Ciarán Hinds, Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, J.K. Simmons, Billy Crudup, Joe Morton, Amber Heard, Michael McElhatton, Joe Manganiello, Jesse Eisenberg, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Julian Lewis Jones, Marc McClure, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Holt McCallany, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson, Gemma Refoufi, Kelly Burke, Paulina Boneva, Alexandra Ford, Eleanor Matsuura, Daniel Stisen, Samantha Jo, Sergi Constance, Doutzen Kroes

Release: 2017-11-15

Runtime: 120

Plot: Fuelled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince assemble a team of metahumans consisting of Barry Allen, Arthur Curry and Victor Stone to face the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and the Parademons who are on the hunt for three Mother Boxes on Earth.

Attachments

• 1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2,323
  • jl.jpg
    jl.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 652
Just saw this tonight... Sadly, I didn't think is was very good. (n) Maybe a 6/10.
Big disappointment for me. DC/WB has really botched this up and its too bad cause there are some good things going on here... but also a lot of bad.

My quick thoughts (SPOILER FILLED, somewhat):
GOOD:
Flash - very funny and gets the movie’s best moments… but sometimes its almost too much.

Cyborg - I thought he would be the weak link, but actually was a lot more interesting of a character then I expected. Wish I would have knew more about him (but we never get that chance).

Aquaman - Pretty BA. Jason Momoa is great in the role.

Wonder Woman - The real leader on the team, Not Batman. She isn't as good in this as she was in WW. But still rocks it.

After Credits scenes - The VERY end one was great. So glad I stayed. Won’t spoil it.

BAD:
CGI - it was really bad.. So many times It just felt like these characters were on a green screen. Superman’s CGI upper lip was laughable how noticeable it was that they had to take away his moustache from the reshoots. Very uneven.

Atlantis / Aquaman - The scene in Atlantis made me very worried for the solo Aquaman film. Amber Heard’s acting. The way it looked being underwater. Not the best.

Batman - White I thought Bat-fleck was the bright spot in BvS. He is almost frustrating in this. He has a couple good scenes but other then that he is the weakest part of the movie. I know they wanted to make the movie funny… but Batman himself needs to not be that. He is also suppose to be smart and the worlds greatest detective. You get none of that here. I honestly would be fine now if Affleck left. Really disappointed.

Superman - CGI lip aside. Something felt off. Maybe its because he is barely in the movie and doesn’t get a chance to do much except save the day. He needs another solo movie to really get the character right.

Steppenwolf - Big Powerful Bland CGI Villain that can’t move his mouth correctly when he talks (because he is CGI). Such a bland villain that you’d think he was a Marvel Villain.

Cut Scenes - Tons of stuff that was in the trailers didn’t make it into this.

Random Family - Why did we need to keep coming back to the random family stuck in that house? Over and over. I get it, You want to hope they escape. But TBH, I could have cared less.

Plot - Does anyone know what was actually going on in this thing?

This review - Make it this far? I hope I made sense. Its late, Im tired.

I still say see it, But if you trying to decide between this and Thor... go see Thor.

Just saw this tonight... Sadly, I didn't think is was very good. (n) Maybe a 6/10.
Big disappointment for me. DC/WB has really botched this up and its too bad cause there are some good things going on here... but also a lot of bad.

My quick thoughts (SPOILER FILLED, somewhat):
GOOD:
Flash - very funny and gets the movie’s best moments… but sometimes its almost too much.

Cyborg - I thought he would be the weak link, but actually was a lot more interesting of a character then I expected. Wish I would have knew more about him (but we never get that chance).

Aquaman - Pretty BA. Jason Momoa is great in the role.

Wonder Woman - The real leader on the team, Not Batman. She isn't as good in this as she was in WW. But still rocks it.

After Credits scenes - The VERY end one was great. So glad I stayed. Won’t spoil it.

BAD:
CGI - it was really bad.. So many times It just felt like these characters were on a green screen. Superman’s CGI upper lip was laughable how noticeable it was that they had to take away his moustache from the reshoots. Very uneven.

Atlantis / Aquaman - The scene in Atlantis made me very worried for the solo Aquaman film. Amber Heard’s acting. The way it looked being underwater. Not the best.

Batman - White I thought Bat-fleck was the bright spot in BvS. He is almost frustrating in this. He has a couple good scenes but other then that he is the weakest part of the movie. I know they wanted to make the movie funny… but Batman himself needs to not be that. He is also suppose to be smart and the worlds greatest detective. You get none of that here. I honestly would be fine now if Affleck left. Really disappointed.

Superman - CGI lip aside. Something felt off. Maybe its because he is barely in the movie and doesn’t get a chance to do much except save the day. He needs another solo movie to really get the character right.

Steppenwolf - Big Powerful Bland CGI Villain that can’t move his mouth correctly when he talks (because he is CGI). Such a bland villain that you’d think he was a Marvel Villain.

Cut Scenes - Tons of stuff that was in the trailers didn’t make it into this.

Random Family - Why did we need to keep coming back to the random family stuck in that house? Over and over. I get it, You want to hope they escape. But TBH, I could have cared less.

Plot - Does anyone know what was actually going on in this thing?

This review - Make it this far? I hope I made sense. Its late, Im tired.

I still say see it, But if you trying to decide between this and Thor... go see Thor.

I agree with quite a bit of your points, but overall, I did enjoy Justice League. My quick thoughts...

I definitely disagree with you regarding Batfleck. To me, Ben Affleck is the best live-action Batman we've ever had. While the joking was a little off-putting at times (I'm guessing that's on Joss Whedon and not Chris Terrio), seeing Affleck's comic-accurate Dark Knight swinging around to Danny Elfman's 1989 Batman score made me quite giddy.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Cyborg since I've never cared about that character in the comics before. He was the new character standout in the film. Ray Fisher nailed that role!

Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman was amazing (as usual).

Jason Momoa's Aquaman was... interesting. Looking forward to his solo flick to learn more about him and Atlantis. I did love Amber Heard's brief appearance as Mera, though.

It was hard to not compare Ezra Miller's The Flash to the current TV version played by Grant Gustin. Ezra was fun in the role, but he came across as too stupid at times. He doesn't know his directions but he's going to work as a crime scene analyst? So while I laughed at quite a bit of his jokes, I definitely prefer Grant as The Flash.

The CGI was definitely dicey at times. You could tell that the Superman scenes at the beginning (phone cam) and end credits (Flash race) were shot later on when he had the moustache because they looked very strange. During the phone cam part, I heard comments around me in the theatre, people asking why his lips looked swollen. Very distracting and I hope they clean that up more before the Blu-ray release.

Steppenwolf was a pretty crappy villain overall. He was basically Megatron from Transformers. The ways he talked and moved were nearly identical to Megatron. He was even obsessed with a cube. Since the DCEU's future is (unfortunately) uncertain, I wish they would've just had Darkseid in this instead.

The final end credits scene was great. Nice to that they didn't cut out all of Lex Luthor from the film. Deathstroke was a nice surprise, too. Even more surprising was that it was still Joe Manganiello under the mask. After all the problems with The Batman, I wasn't sure if he was going to stick around as Deathstroke. So yeah, that was great to see! I wonder where this evil Justice League will fit in?

I wanted more. The film was just too short. I know people complain about Zack Snyder and his lack of cutting his films down, but I hope we can one day see his cut of this film. I think too much was cut out by Whedon and I think too many jokes were added by him. If I want a comedy, I'll watch a Marvel movie (hell, Thor: Ragnarok was nothing but an absurd jokefest). Also, Flash falling headfirst into Wonder Woman's boobs... obviously that was added in by Whedon because he did the same thing with Banner/Widow in Age of Ultron. I'm usually all for Joss Whedon (Buffy is my favourite show of all-time), but I wish he would've stayed away from this film.

All-in-all, I still enjoyed the film. I didn't enjoy it as much as Man of Steel or BvS, but I think that's because Snyder's vision was messed with. It's about on par with Suicide Squad.

I will say this... the heroes in Justice League feel like the heroes from the comics more-so than anyone in Thor: Ragnarok. If you're a true comic fan, I think you'll really enjoy Justice League. If you're a casual filmgoer who knows nothing about the comics, you'll likely enjoy Thor more.

I agree with quite a bit of your points, but overall, I did enjoy Justice League. My quick thoughts...

I definitely disagree with you regarding Batfleck. To me, Ben Affleck is the best live-action Batman we've ever had. While the joking was a little off-putting at times (I'm guessing that's on Joss Whedon and not Chris Terrio), seeing Affleck's comic-accurate Dark Knight swinging around to Danny Elfman's 1989 Batman score made me quite giddy.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Cyborg since I've never cared about that character in the comics before. He was the new character standout in the film. Ray Fisher nailed that role!

Jason Momoa's Aquaman was... interesting. Looking forward to his solo flick to learn more about him and Atlantis. I did love Amber Heard's brief appearance as Mera, though.

It was hard to not compare Ezra Miller's The Flash to the current TV version played by Grant Gustin. Ezra was fun in the role, but he came across as too stupid at times. He doesn't know his directions but he's going to work as a crime scene analyst? So while I laughed at quite a bit of his jokes, I definitely prefer Grant as The Flash.

The CGI was definitely dicey at times. You could tell that the Superman scenes at the beginning (phone cam) and end credits (Flash race) were shot later on when he had the moustache because they looked very strange. During the phone cam part, I heard comments around me in the theatre, people asking why his lips looked swollen. Very distracting and I hope they clean that up more before the Blu-ray release.

Steppenwolf was a pretty crappy villain overall. He was basically Megatron from Transformers. The ways he talked and moved were nearly identical to Megatron. He was even obsessed with a cube. Since the DCEU's future is (unfortunately) uncertain, I wish they would've just had Darkseid in this instead.

The final end credits scene was great. Nice to that they didn't cut out all of Lex Luthor from the film. Deathstroke was a nice surprise, too. Even more surprising was that it was still Joe Manganiello under the mask. After all the problems with The Batman, I wasn't sure if he was going to stick around as Deathstroke. So yeah, that was great to see! I wonder where this evil Justice League will fit in?

I wanted more. The film was just too short. I know people complain about Zack Snyder and his lack of cutting his films down, but I hope we can one day see his cut of this film. I think too much was cut out by Whedon and I think too many jokes were added by him. If I want a comedy, I'll watch a Marvel movie (hell, Thor: Ragnarok was nothing but an absurd jokefest). Also, Flash falling headfirst into Wonder Woman's boobs... obviously that was added in by Whedon because he did the same thing with Banner/Widow in Age of Ultron. I'm usually all for Joss Whedon (Buffy is my favourite show of all-time), but I wish he would've stayed away from this film.

All-in-all, I still enjoyed the film. I didn't enjoy it as much as Man of Steel or BvS, but I think that's because Snyder's vision was messed with. It's about on par with Suicide Squad.

I will say this... the heroes in Justice League feel like the heroes from the comics more-so than anyone in Thor: Ragnarok. If you're a true comic fan, I think you'll really enjoy Justice League. If you're a casual filmgoer who knows nothing about the comics, you'll likely enjoy Thor more.

OK lets quickly talk about that score. While yes, it was great to hear Elfman’s 89 Batman theme and the Original Superman theme. Both very kind of muted in the film. I would have purposely made a moment to feature those themes. Made them loud as if they were a character themselves. But it felt like they were more background noise. Also I really missed Hans Zimmer’s Man of Steel theme. Its one of the best one in years and gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.

just for fun. here is it.

As for the Deathstroke surprise. I guess you missed the news? WB is planning on giving him his own film!
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/deathstroke-possible-dceu-film-in-theaters-tba.89452/

I agree. The film was too short. it felt rushed. But I think thats mostly WB’s fault for doing JL before establishing these characters first. If we already knew Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman then it might have been fine. But we are meeting all these characters for the first time and its too much to do in one movie.

I gotta COMPLETELY disagree with you on JL vs Thor. Thor was a much better film in every way, yes it was a departure for the character and tone of the old thor movies, but it was better then the old thor movies. And if you are saying JL stayed true to the comics version of these characters… umm what? really?

Aquaman - nope. not even close
Flash - sort of. But not the flash I know.
Superman - starting to get there
Batman - nope. I have yet to see a true version of Batman in Live Action. Even the Nolan films didn’t quite get him right.
Wonder Woman - yes.

I know it sounds like I’m ragging on this film. I think I’m more disappointed in what we got and the potential of what we could have got.

Saw it at the BFI IMAX in London this morning, I won't go as far as saying I was disappointed with it but there are 2 main things that stopped me from really liking it

1- the way they brought Superman back - could have been done in a lot of different and better ways than they did

2- Affleck who I liked as Batman in BVS was just annoying in this

Star of the show was undoubtedly Wonder Woman and if there were any last minute re-writes off the back of the popularity of her solo film it shows as she's the real MVP of the DCEU and basically light up every scene she was in

7/10 but behind the likes of Spider-Man, GOTG Vol 2 and the solo Wonder Woman film in the pecking order of best comic book film of 2017

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and kaw

I hadn't thought about where this fits in the pecking order of the DCEU until your post, dare I say I think I actually prefer Suicide Squad to Justice League so that would put Justice League last for me :wow:

1- BVS 9/10
2- Man of Steel 8/10
3- Wonder Woman 7/10
4- Suicide Squad 7/10
5- Justice League 7/10

I know those scores won't be to everyone's taste but I really really enjoy BVS (the theatrical cut) and Suicide Squad (which is just a plotless turn off your brain and enjoy movie)

I hadn't thought about where this fits in the pecking order of the DCEU until your post, dare I say I think I actually prefer Suicide Squad to Justice League so that would put Justice League last for me :wow:

1- BVS 9/10
2- Man of Steel 8/10
3- Wonder Woman 7/10
4- Suicide Squad 7/10
5- Justice League 7/10

I know those scores won't be to everyone's taste but I really really enjoy BVS (the theatrical cut) and Suicide Squad (which is just a plotless turn off your brain and enjoy movie)

I think for me its:
  1. Man of Steel
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. Suicide Squad
  4. BvS (Extended)
  5. Justice League
  6. BvS (Theatrical)
(Still haven't watched SS Extended Cut yet)

I really hope they do an Extended Cut of JL. It really felt like it needs it. Get Synder to go back in and fix a few things that WB forced them to cut and that Joss might have changed.

OK lets quickly talk about that score. While yes, it was great to hear Elfman’s 89 Batman theme and the Original Superman theme. Both very kind of muted in the film. I would have purposely made a moment to feature those themes. Made them loud as if they were a character themselves. But it felt like they were more background noise. Also I really missed Hans Zimmer’s Man of Steel theme. Its one of the best one in years and gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.

just for fun. here is it.

As for the Deathstroke surprise. I guess you missed the news? WB is planning on giving him his own film!
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/deathstroke-possible-dceu-film-in-theaters-tba.89452/

I agree. The film was too short. it felt rushed. But I think thats mostly WB’s fault for doing JL before establishing these characters first. If we already knew Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman then it might have been fine. But we are meeting all these characters for the first time and its too much to do in one movie.

I gotta COMPLETELY disagree with you on JL vs Thor. Thor was a much better film in every way, yes it was a departure for the character and tone of the old thor movies, but it was better then the old thor movies. And if you are saying JL stayed true to the comics version of these characters… umm what? really?

Aquaman - nope. not even close
Flash - sort of. But not the flash I know.
Superman - starting to get there
Batman - nope. I have yet to see a true version of Batman in Live Action. Even the Nolan films didn’t quite get him right.
Wonder Woman - yes.

I know it sounds like I’m ragging on this film. I think I’m more disappointed in what we got and the potential of what we could have got.

And that's fine, man -- you can be disappointed. I was slightly disappointed, too. I didn't get that "HOLY S#IT" feeling from Justice League like I did The Avengers, but I think that's because we've seen so many of these DC heroes together already beforehand.

I agree that the character themes should've been louder when they played. Truth be told, I didn't even hear the John Williams theme. Was it during Superman's resurrection? I was so into that scene, I honestly wasn't even listening to the music. I did catch some of Hans Zimmer's Man of Steel score, though. That was certainly in there at one point. Again, it was faint, but it was there. The Wonder Woman theme was definitely missing, though. Overall, I missed Zimmer during this. I like Danny Elfman, but Zimmer's music has a real heroic sound to it and that was missing for the most part.

I laughed when I read 'COMPLETELY' in all caps. I went, "Oh crap, Kris means business." :LOL:

So, here we go...

Aquaman... yes, he's totally different from the comic books. 100%. That's why he threw me off the most (though I did like this take on it). Wonder Woman was perfect. Superman was great. This is the best Superman I've seen from Cavill yet. Cyborg was above and beyond from what I was expecting. The Flash was good, though way too jokey. I chalk that up to this just being a younger take on the character. Batman, though... I'm not getting the hating from anyone on this. Ben Affleck looks awesome as Batman and plays a great Bruce Wayne. Yes, the jokes from him were utterly dumb throughout the film, but that's on the script and not the actor. Outside of Michael Keaton, he's easily my favourite Batman actor (for live-action; Kevin Conroy will always be the best Batman).

This is the JL thread, so I'm not gonna dig too far into Thor, but I will say that I've read Thor comics since I was a kid and the characters in that film are so far off from the ones in the comics. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Ragnarok -- it just disappointed me as a longtime Thor fan. Anyway, I'll save that rant for another thread. ;)

And that's fine, man -- you can be disappointed. I was slightly disappointed, too. I didn't get that "HOLY S#IT" feeling from Justice League like I did The Avengers, but I think that's because we've seen so many of these DC heroes together already beforehand.

I agree that the character themes should've been louder when they played. Truth be told, I didn't even hear the John Williams theme. Was it during Superman's resurrection? I was so into that scene, I honestly wasn't even listening to the music. I did catch some of Hans Zimmer's Man of Steel score, though. That was certainly in there at one point. Again, it was faint, but it was there. The Wonder Woman theme was definitely missing, though. Overall, I missed Zimmer during this. I like Danny Elfman, but Zimmer's music has a real heroic sound to it and that was missing for the most part.

I laughed when I read 'COMPLETELY' in all caps. I went, "Oh crap, Kris means business." :LOL:

So, here we go...

Aquaman... yes, he's totally different from the comic books. 100%. That's why he threw me off the most (though I did like this take on it). Wonder Woman was perfect. Superman was great. This is the best Superman I've seen from Cavill yet. Cyborg was above and beyond from what I was expecting. The Flash was good, though way too jokey. I chalk that up to this just being a younger take on the character. Batman, though... I'm not getting the hating from anyone on this. Ben Affleck looks awesome as Batman and plays a great Bruce Wayne. Yes, the jokes from him were utterly dumb throughout the film, but that's on the script and not the actor. Outside of Michael Keaton, he's easily my favourite Batman actor (for live-action; Kevin Conroy will always be the best Batman).

This is the JL thread, so I'm not gonna dig too far into Thor, but I will say that I've read Thor comics since I was a kid and the characters in that film are so far off from the ones in the comics. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Ragnarok -- it just disappointed me as a longtime Thor fan. Anyway, I'll save that rant for another thread. ;)

I was waiting for the Zimmer’s Man of Steel score! How come I didn’t hear it? lame. I did hear Wonder Woman’s theme at the beginning for a few seconds but thats it.

LOL I guess the caps were a bit much, sorry. haha

Ben Affleck in BvS was Great. Best part of that movie for me. But In JL he feels like a completely different guy. I will say, The very beginning of the film was really good. That rooftop scene was great and I even enjoyed his first interaction with Aquaman. But after that something changed. HE SHAVED! Maybe that was it!? haha

Nobody can touch Kevin Conroy as batman. He does the perfect voice for Batman and the subtle change he does when he is doing bruce is fantastic. I so badly want to see a live action batman like the animated series one. I hope Matt Reeves can do that.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Over a year now till the next DCEU film (Aquaman in December 2018)!! Warner better use that time to make some major decisions and announcements about the future of these films because after the MCU’s Infinity War people may just not care anymore (even Fox may jump ahead of them given they’ll be delivering 3 films in their marvel universe before then)

Over a year now till the next DCEU film (Aquaman in December 2018)!! Warner better use that time to make some major decisions and announcements about the future of these films because after the MCU’s Infinity War people may just not care anymore (even Fox may jump ahead of them given they’ll be delivering 3 films in their marvel universe before then)

People will always care about the trinity. Just like everyone will always want to see Spider-Man. They're taking small steps in the right direction. After JL I think people will be excited to see solo Aquaman and Flash films.

I thought it was an 8/10 film. It had poor CGI and the villain was a bit forgettable but seeing them all on screen together was awesome.

In terms of comic book films this year it's

1. WW
2. Logan
3. Spider-man: Homecoming
4. JL

1 & 2 are interchangeable

First of all, rewatched BvS Extended in preparation this week and gotta admit it kind of helps a little so as everything is fresh.
Now, just came back from my 1st viewing and seriously, just had a blast! Miss Drum was thrilled too and she ain't a comicbook movie fan like I am (but she watches everything with me).

Read all your reviews/opinions and gotta admit I kinda agree with most of them. Nice to see this gets better review that some feared, but I truly get it that it's FAR from a perfect movie.

Batman: was "ok", but they kind of ruined his mojo that was soooo perfect in BvS. LOVED though his discussion with WW about his age... great opening for another reboot, makes sense. But please give us a LAST Batfleck and I'll be more than happy.
Oh... "exploding wind-up penguins" from Batman Returns made my day too.

WW: Perfection. Again. Gal steals/brighten the screen every single time she's in. Wonderful.

Aquaman: Kinda of a let down. Maybe it's just me, but the trailer kinda spoiled pretty much all his great scenes / punch line. Underwater scene with Mera wasn't convincing either... but as @kaw mentionned, they still have plenty of time to fine-tune it.

Flash: Miller did a great job. Brighten a lot with his humor, but it's really hard NOT to think about Gustin's TV Flash. Guess I'll learn to appreciate more and more his play but still, enjoyed him much more than I thought.

Cyborg: REAL surprise of the movie. WW made the team but Cyborg made all this possible with all his connexions to everything.

Superman: FINALLY!!!! Seeing a MUCH brighter Man of Steel is refreshing! PLEASE... oh... PLEASE continue in this path!!!

Steppenwofl: Easily forgettable. A true Marvel DC vilain. CGI was meh...

Plot fits on a post-it, but hey, they had to introduce 3 characters, resurrect 1 and do all this in 2 hours. Made the job. For Justice League 2, please do not the same patern... get much more meat please...

1989 Batman theme when Batman is on top of the gargoyle... EPIC! BUT, they should have increased the volume to the ROOF!!! Such an epic theme deserves full attention. And yeah, the general music score under Hans Zimmer was muchhhhh better in MoS and BvS. Kinda missed opportunity here...

Mid-credit scene: Nice!!! Really nice!!! Great nod to real comicbook fans.

End credit scene: YES!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Deathstroke + REAL Lex Luthor (not the BvS stupid freak)... THANK YOU!!!

Where's Green Lantern for the future???? Not a single wink, mention, anything???? Only in flashback???

So in the end, I truly think DC did it. Is it as generic for ALL public as The Avengers? Of course not! Is it pure fun for Comicbook fans???
The answer (may I quote Aquaman):
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Watched it yesterday afternoon and I liked but didn't love it. The screen size really pissed me off at 1.85:1 as it felt tiny so going to watch it again during the week and take a trip out to an IMAX and see how I feel about it then

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and kaw
People will always care about the trinity. Just like everyone will always want to see Spider-Man. They're taking small steps in the right direction. After JL I think people will be excited to see solo Aquaman and Flash films.

I thought it was an 8/10 film. It had poor CGI and the villain was a bit forgettable but seeing them all on screen together was awesome.

In terms of comic book films this year it's

1. WW
2. Logan
3. Spider-man: Homecoming
4. JL

1 & 2 are interchangeable

Given Warner haven’t started shooting anything yet I feel 2019 has to focus on another standalone Superman film as well as the expected Wonder Woman sequel

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and vexred
Just saw it ! Loved it even though I agree with lots of things you all said on here.

Some thoughts :

- WW's theme "Is she with you" always gets me nuts! I can't believe I didn't notice Superman and Batman's themes !? I'll definitely be listening carefully next time I go watch it.

- I love the humour in those movies (more on that later) BUT I've always loved the gritty and dark atmosphere those films have. I loved BvS especially because I was feeling uneasy watching it, and I mean that in a good way. It really felt as if anything could happen.
In Justice League I felt this way again when the Amazons tried to protect their Mother Box from Steppenwolf. That moment when they were closing those doors and running away while still trying to fight made me go crazy. Such a powerful moment ! The fight choreographies they created were mindblowing!

- The opening sequence showing the aftermath of Superman's death and how the world started to change was quite beautiful.

- I was expecting more from Batman and Aquaman's first encounter. The fact that Arthur was already in the room was a bit of a let down. We could have had him make a more impactful entrance, or just be behind everyone drinking a beer and getting slowly frustrated with Bruce's speech.
Also I know Arthur ain't no mermaid but he could have entered the water in a more "super-hero" way.

- LOVED Cyborg's introduction, with him appearing quite menacing towards his father.
Those scenes he had with Diana were amazing. Especially the one when he talks to her through the computer and she tells him that if she had wanted to hurt him she could have done that by the lake.

- The WAR through flashbacks : WOW what a beautiful scene! Was that Zeus ? Goddess version of Artemis ? (glowing Amazon) More importantly, that Green Lantern character was :wacky::wacky:

- Those little easter eggs such as : "exploding wind-up penguins" - "Gorilla sign language" - Cyborg's upgrated style at the end.

- The CGI : I noticed the mustache problem right away but I got used to it. I didn't really mind it that much but I can understand how it was distracting. I also thought Henry started to look like Sup in Injustice2 :LOL:
At one point, when Cyborg auto-defense system is turned on because of Superman I think they badly edited his face. At that moment it looked awkward.

- After-credit scenes : Such a cool comic book moment to see Superman and Flash preparing to run and see who's faster. Especially with the fact that it was left unanswered!
YES ! Luthor is back ! I might not be in the majority with this but I LOVED crazy and young Lex from BvS. I'm also glad that this time he looks more like his comic book version. I think we'll be getting the best of both worlds with him in future movies. Also, DEATHSTROKE :wacky: !

The humour : Four scenes really worked for me. I liked how Arthur sat on the lasso of truth and started giving a confession. I also enjoyed Barry telling them all about his blood sugar situation when they were arguing. Barry's arrival in the batcave and looking like a kid was everything :LOL::LOL:. Finally Superman, fighting the team and his eye being able to follow Barry as he was using the speed force was fantastic!
Overall, even though I'd rather see those films stay dark, I didn't mind the humour.

- The bad : Those Wonder Woman ass shots. Definitely not needed. Many of those characters had they "sexy" moments. I don't think it was needed to emphasise her butt even more.

- I WANTED that Wonder Woman "Shall we" line SO BAD !
- They might have changed Superman's resurrection plans down the road because in BvS, why the hell did that happen :
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtekEJ6Y56OnbRm/giphy.gif (Huge gif sorry)

Last edited: