digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Justice League

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Ciarán Hinds, Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, J.K. Simmons, Billy Crudup, Joe Morton, Amber Heard, Michael McElhatton, Joe Manganiello, Jesse Eisenberg, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Julian Lewis Jones, Marc McClure, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Holt McCallany, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson, Gemma Refoufi, Kelly Burke, Paulina Boneva, Alexandra Ford, Eleanor Matsuura, Daniel Stisen, Samantha Jo, Sergi Constance, Doutzen Kroes

Release: 2017-11-15

Runtime: 120

Plot: Fuelled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince assemble a team of metahumans consisting of Barry Allen, Arthur Curry and Victor Stone to face the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and the Parademons who are on the hunt for three Mother Boxes on Earth.

Attachments

• 1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2,323
  • jl.jpg
    jl.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 652
I watched the movie yesterday and I enjoyed it. You can see and feel, that there were two directors who made this movie. There are the dark and stylish Zack Snyder scenes and the typical Joss Whedon humour. The second point is what I dont really like in this movie. I love Whedon's humour and laughed about his scenes, e.g. rescue scene by Superman and Flash ..a typical Whedon scene, but these scenes also destroyed the dark style Zack Snyder built in MOS and BvS. A little bit humour here and there would be ok, but they used too much ...feels like a Marvel movie..

The movie could be also much longer 30min-1h. The flashback scene was too short, but I dont want to spoil here. I hope they will release an extended cut on blu-ray and tell the story right and not within a three sentence flashback. Also I want to see Cyborg back story and few stylish scenes from the trailers, which were removed for the theatrical cut.

I really dont understand the hate. Sure, the movie isnt perfect, but the movie was doomed from the beginning. It's still a very good movie, which can be great movie, when they release an extended cut and fix the CGI, e.g. moustache.

I cant wait to watch the movie again on blu-ray

I really dont understand the hate. Sure, the movie isnt perfect, but the movie was doomed from the beginning. It's still a very good movie, which can be great movie, when they release an extended cut and fix the CGI, e.g. moustache.
I've been reading a LOT about this; fansite, forums, Facebook, etc... and the only people that really are complaining are movie critics. Of course, not all loved it, like ANY movie, but seriously, no one HATES this like critics does.

As you said, it was doomed since day 1. Critics only keeps remembering about MoS and then BvS. They figured they didn't like those 2 so they HAD (to be consistent) to hate this one too.

Casual movie fans and comic book fans, in most, loved/liked this movie. It's too bad for Warner and their box office numbers, but I TRULY hope they'll release and extended AND a Snyder cut of this so that we can enjoy this even more.

I've been reading a LOT about this; fansite, forums, Facebook, etc... and the only people that really are complaining are movie critics. Of course, not all loved it, like ANY movie, but seriously, no one HATES this like critics does.

As you said, it was doomed since day 1. Critics only keeps remembering about MoS and then BvS. They figured they didn't like those 2 so they HAD (to be consistent) to hate this one too.

Casual movie fans and comic book fans, in most, loved/liked this movie. It's too bad for Warner and their box office numbers, but I TRULY hope they'll release and extended AND a Snyder cut of this so that we can enjoy this even more.

From what I've read, a Snyder cut doesn't exist. Hopefully we will get an extended cut though.

As expected, this wasn't half as bad as the critics are making out IMO... not that I ever trust their word anyway, since I tend to enjoy most movies they slate (BvS being one of them). As for Steppenwolf, he was no worse than any of Marvel's villains... in fact, that's exactly what he reminded me of. My only major complaint was Whedon's edits... they stood out a mile away as they clash with Snyder's darker/grittier take on things and completely changed the tone of the film. I doubt it'll happen, but like most other DC fans, I'm also now hoping for a full Snyder cut!

Anyway, the things I loved... Ezra as Flash and Momoa as Aquaman - I'm really looking forward to their solo movies! Gal was awesome as Wonder Woman, but we already knew that. And Superman... the film really picked up speed once he returned, although he is my favourite superhero, so that was expected lol. Cyborg was ok, but there's something about the guy who plays him that I don't quite like... I think his attempt at trying to act all tough and serious is what kind of bugged me a bit. I'm still convinced that Affleck is the best Batman/Bruce combo we've seen on screen, although Whedon's changes to some of his lines were extremely cringeworthy.

Now all I really want is more Superman, so c'mon Warner Bros... give us Man of Steel 2, PLEASE!! :D

Watched Wonder Woman again and how can they get that so right but drop the ball on this? WW flowed with no stupid edits and scenes cut out and not making sense, loved Man of Steel and BvS (extended cut where again, **** makes sense unlike theatrical cut) I understand the issues they had making this but somewhere out there, there is a decent film if all put together properly :banghead:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Watched Wonder Woman again and how can they get that so right but drop the ball on this? WW flowed with no stupid edits and scenes cut out and not making sense, loved Man of Steel and BvS (extended cut where again, **** makes sense unlike theatrical cut) I understand the issues they had making this but somewhere out there, there is a decent film if all put together properly :banghead:
I blame the studio... and Whedon. Wonder Woman worked so well because the director had full control and no cuts/edits were made. The theatrical cut of BvS proved that the studio getting involved only messes things up, as Snyder's full cut was epic! I'll be very disappointed if we don't see a directors cut for JL, which is unlikely IMO. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I blame the studio... and Whedon. Wonder Woman worked so well because the director had full control and no cuts/edits were made. The theatrical cut of BvS proved that the studio getting involved only messes things up, as Snyder's full cut was epic! I'll be very disappointed if we don't see a directors cut for JL, which is unlikely IMO. :(
Finger and toes crossed for an extended cut when it gets it's home release